Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Lily and James

Some say the Potter’s death was the end of Voldemort’s power. Other’s say Harry’s survival was the beginning of hope. But what happened in those few short hours, is not an end or a beginning, but a turning point in the lives of millions.

Chapter 4 - Lily and James

Chapter 4 - Lily and James


There were footsteps crunching on the gravel of the front walk. They were heading for the front door. Slowly the man on the couch put down his paper and stood. Skirting the playpen where his sleeping son lay, he went to the window and looked out.

“My God!”

“James, what's the matter” a voice called from the next room.

“Peter was the rat.” He whispered hoarsely.

“James?”

“LILY WE”VE GOT TO GO NOW!”

“James what?

“Take Harry and run!” James snapped scooping up his still sleeping son and placing him in his wife's arms as she entered to room. “He's here!” James felt a pang as he watched his wife's beautiful Green eyes widen with fear. A man could drown in those eyes.

“I'll hold him off. Take Harry and get out of here . . .”

“But James!”

“NOW . . .GO LILY, GET OUT OF HERE, I”LL HOLD HIM OFF.” James watched soaking in what he was sure would be the last moment he would see his family. “What ever happens Lily, remember I love you both . . .more than life it's self.” Lily disappeared around the corner towards the back exit in the kitchen, and James positioned him self in front of the door, wand drawn.

There was a crash and a flash of light, as the door flew inward.



***

Lily was almost to the kitchen when she felt the entire house shake. There was a crash and she could hear her husband shouting curses. Something moved in her arms and lily looked down at her son. He was awake now, but staying quiet as if he knew their lives depended on silence. Shifting Harry in her arms Lily hurried for the kitchen, praying that she would make the back door in time. She had to save her son.

There was a sudden silence in the other room, and Lily bit back a cry knowing what must have happened. The back door a voice in the back of her head reminded her. Lily started moving again. Her hand was on the latch, the door was open . . .

“Acio child!” a voice hissed. Lily screamed as Harry was ripped from her arms. Lunging she managed to grab her son before He did.

“Not Harry please not Harry, I'll give you anything, just don't take my son!”

“Is that his name girl, Harry? To bad you'll never see him again”

“Not Harry, you can't take my son.”

“Stand aside you silly girl!”

“Anything, I'll do anything, just don't take him!” she fell to her knees arms wrapped tightly around the boy, her body shielding him.

“I said stand aside!”

“No! You won't take him from me!”

“If you get out of the way, things will be so much easier form me.”

“You'll have to kill me first!”

“AVADA KADAVA!”

There was a blinding flash of green light and Lily Potter fell face down to the side of her son. The Dark Lord laughed a high menacing cackle. “Well boy it's only you and me, how well my servants have preformed tonight, this was almost too easy! AVADA KADAVA!”

The house collapsed around them.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment