Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Hagrid

Some say the Potter’s death was the end of Voldemort’s power. Other’s say Harry’s survival was the beginning of hope. But what happened in those few short hours, is not an end or a beginning, but a turning point in the lives of millions.

Chapter 5 - Hagrid

Chapter 5 - Hagrid


Rubeus Hagrid made it to the last street of Godric's Hallow just in time to see the house a few spaces down collapse. He ran to the sight, and began sifting among the wreckage hopping that some one had survived. Yes there were the cries of a child echoing in the silence of the night, but where was he? The Muggle neighbors' lights were starting to flicker on, he would have to work fast.

Hagrid began to pick his was through the rubble. Then he stopped. A few paces from where the door had been was James, Trapped under a rafter with his robes smeared with blood. Grunting Hagrid moved the huge beam aside. It was hard enough to se the other man dead, he couldn't stand to see him trapped.

The cried grew louder and Hagrid moved on. Moments later he found Harry. The child was sitting unharmed beside his mother's lifeless body. Blinking back tears Hagrid scooped the boy up.

“Rubeus Hagrid?” a tired voice asked. Hagrid spun around to see the head of the Magical Crime Lab.

“I . . .Dumbledore sent me ter . . .but the house . . .I was to late.” The tears were streaming down his face now. “I'm going ter take Harry to his Aunt . . .there he can . . . can . . .”

“Then get going before the Muggles . . .” The man was cut off by a clamor of voices.

“My word!”

“Oh God!”

“What happened!”

“Somebody call the police!”



Hagrid made it to the edge of the houses with out incident. He was just starting to cross the large field that lay on the outskirts of the town when a large rumble split through the night. Moments later a large motorcycle landed on the grass and a figure jumped off. He began to speak before he even had his helmet off.

“I was too late wasn't I!”

“I'm sorry Sirius.”

Hagrid watched as the other man fell to his knees and yelled up at the stars, “WHY THE HELL DID IT HAVE TO BE THEM . . . why them?” the last words came out as a sob. Hagrid just stood there watching Sirius shake with grief. A few moments passed before either of them spoke.

“Are they all . . .”

“Harry's safe, I've got `im”

“You've got . . .here let me take him.”

“Dumbledore said he was ter go ter his family.”

“But . . . Do you even know them! We can't send Harry there.”

“Dumbledore said . . .it'll only be fer a little while Sirius.”

“Please Give Harry to me, I'm his Godfather.”

“I can't, Dumbledore said . . .”

“Then . . .Take my bike.”

“What?”

“Take it, I won't be needing it for a while, and it'll get you there faster.” Hagrid didn't object, he simply walked over and took the offered keys.

“Thank you.”

“Goodbye Hagrid.” Sirius bent and kissed Harry on the forehead. “Don't worry kid, I'll be seeing you soon.”

“Bye Sirius. I'll take good car o' the bike.”

“You better.” Sirius slowly walked away, and Hagrid mounted the motorcycle and took off into the night.



Harry fell asleep somewhere over Bristol.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment