Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Do you love her?

It's been three years after the finding of the Philosopher's Stone. Ed and Al are back to normal, but what are they to do now? Seems like Ed still has some unfinished business to do...

Chapter 1 - Do you love her?

Chapter 1 - Do you love her?


(Disclaimer: I do not own Fullmetal Alchemist)

FMA: A Different Story

Chapter One: Do you really love her?



It's been three years since the Elric brothers got the Philosopher's Stone, a ruby red rock that contains `magical' powers to perform any type of alchemy in a blink of an eye. Alchemy is a science that can only be performed by giving up something of equal value to transmute an object or any type of matter into something else. Most alchemist need to draw a transmutation circle, a circle that has a specific design for specific transmutations, yet, more skilled alchemists, like a child prodigy by the name of Edward Elric, doesn't need to draw a transmutation circle to perform alchemy.

Edward Elric, the age of nineteen is short, has long blonde hair pulled back into a braid everyday, and wears a long red jacket, black no-sleeve shirt, black pants, and black boots. His brother Alphonse, on the other hand, is tall, short dirty blonde hair, and wears a white T-shirt with blue jeans.

It's been three years since the two brothers obtained the Philosopher's Stone, allowing them to return to normal once again. When they were younger, they performed a forbidden human alchemy, trying to bring their mother back from the grave. They tried, and failed, resulting in Ed loosing his right arm and left leg, but Al's sacrifice was much worse. Al's body was completely lost, but at least, Ed, being a child prodigy, quickly linked Al's soul to a hallow suit of amour, so he would at least have his brother with him….in some way.

Now, both brothers have their normal bodies again. They used the powers of the Philosopher's Stone to return them to their old selves, hoping now their deal with the military was over with. Unfortunately for Ed, it wasn't.

“Brother, what are we going to do now that we have our bodies back?” Alphonse asked his older brother. He didn't even bother looking at his brother when he spoke, for he was too interested with all the things around him in his hometown of Resembol.

“I dunno. Pick on Winry, I suppose,” Ed sighed, walking over to his brother. Edward plopped down on the soft grass next to his younger brother, looking up at the sky, in the same direction as Al.

“You shouldn't be so mean to Winry!” Alphonse stated. He broke from his gaze from the sky to look at his brother.

“Why do you care what happens to her? Do you love her or something?” Edward teased. He knew his brother never had strong feelings toward the girl, but still felt threatened that Al might take Winry away from him.

“I love her, but as a sister. Hopefully sister-in-law soon!” Alphonse smiled at his brother, but deep down, feared that he might have said something wrong, for his brother always got mad when mentioning Winry and him in that manner.

“What are you talking about, Al? You don't even know if she likes me or if I even like her!” Edward sighed. Ed had loved Winry all his life. He thought he could never live without her. He loved her so much and wanted to tell her, but he was afraid that she wouldn't feel the same way.

“Brother, it's obvious that she likes you and you like her, so why don't you get some courage and just tell her. But if you do tell her, be romantic, and not too out with it. I bet that's how she wants it exactly!” Al smiled at his brother, hoping he'd agree.

“You've gone into much detail with how I should tell her. Is there a specific place I need her to be when I tell her the news?” Ed asked mockingly, wondering if his prediction was right.

“No, no. I think she'd want it to be at home during a candlelight dinner, or something in that manner!”

“Really? Is she at home right now?”

“Yes, she is, Nii-san.”

“I'll go to her right now and get everything prepared.” Edward was about to get up off the grassy hill, but his younger brother pulled him back down.

“Wait, brother!”

“What is it, Alphonse?” Edward sighed. “I wanna tell her the news soon!”

“Don't mess up, okay?” Al said calmly.

“I'll try my best not to! Now can you let go of my jacket?”

“Yes. And good luck, Nii-san!”

“Thanks,” Ed responded as he walked off into the distance toward Winry and Aunt Pinako's house.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Inuyasha99 on January 11, 2006, 6:38:29 AM

Inuyasha99 on
Inuyasha99Great Story

Firefly_Dreamer on November 29, 2005, 5:35:25 AM

Firefly_Dreamer on
Firefly_Dreamerwow!!
it's so good!!
*FAVES!!*

edwardsgurl on October 14, 2005, 2:53:54 AM

edwardsgurl on
edwardsgurlkool story it rocks!!!!