Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Confessions?

It's been three years after the finding of the Philosopher's Stone. Ed and Al are back to normal, but what are they to do now? Seems like Ed still has some unfinished business to do...

Chapter 2 - Confessions?

Chapter 2 - Confessions?


Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist

Chapter Two: Confessions?

Running as fast as his two legs could take him, Ed ran toward Winry's and Aunt Pinako's house. The two story house with white siding and a balcony upstairs was coming closer and closer to Edward every second. His heart was full of joy; he couldn't wait until he saw his Winry again and hear her confess those three words.

With a big grin across his face, he slowed his pace down; hence he was a few yards away from entering that wooden door. Upon entering the Rockbell's house, Ed saw Winry sitting down at a wooden table, working on an automail arm for one of her customers. Looking up from her hard work, she saw Edward standing in the doorway, panting from running so fast; trying to catch his breath.

“Edward? Why are you here? I thought you were going to talk with Alphonse a little more,” Winry said while walking up to the short blonde teenager. She placed an arm around his back and helped him to the gray couch.

“I wanted to see if what Alphonse said was true,” Edward stated. He blushed and didn't speak to Winry and her beautiful face. He just looked at whatever was to the right of him.

Winry's eyes widened as far as they could, fear of what Alphonse exactly said to his brother. “Why don't you just sit down and adjust your thoughts while I get something to drink for both of us?” Winry compromised, trying to buy some time.

“No, Winry. I need to know now,” Edward said as he sat down on the gray couch. Winry sat close next to him, wanting to hear every word of what Ed was about to say and not miss or misunderstand even one word.

“Well, what is it, Edward? I don't have all day, you know!” Winry exclaimed. She had quite a few automail parts to fix and construct by tomorrow, so she couldn't even waste a second of time, else she would have to pull another all-nighter for the second time that week.

“Alphonse….he said that….” Edward trailed off, trying to hide himself from Winry even more now. His hands were sweating, making his two white gloves moist; his voice cracking, not knowing what words to say and how to say them.

“Edward? What is it? If it's something important, just spill it! I told you, I have work to do! I don't intend for another all-nighter this week!” Winry exclaimed, jumping up from the couch. She stood in front of Edward and looked at him sternly.

Edward still didn't look at Winry, his eyes looking down at the ground, still embarrassed to ask a simple question. “Don't go, stay with me,” Edward mumbled, taking Winry's hand and pulling her into an embrace.

“Where would I go? Tell me, Edward what it is that you have to ask me,” Winry whispered in his right ear. She held Ed closer to him, her emotions getting the best of her. “Edward, don't be afraid, I'm here with you.”

“Winry….is it true…that you love me?” Edward winced, scared of what her answer was. He clinched his fists, not noticing that he held a tight grip to Winry's shirt, almost tearing a hole in her clothes.

“Edward…I…I…”


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Birdgirl90 on March 14, 2006, 12:45:49 PM

Birdgirl90 on
Birdgirl90What a place to stop... I love it!!