Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - What if fantasies turned into a reality?

It's been three years after the finding of the Philosopher's Stone. Ed and Al are back to normal, but what are they to do now? Seems like Ed still has some unfinished business to do...

Chapter 4 - What if fantasies turned into a reality?

Chapter 4 - What if fantasies turned into a reality?


Chapter Four: What if fantasies turned into a reality?

“Where do you think you're going, you two?” asked the large man standing behind the two blushing lovers, still lip locked with one another. He placed a hand on both of their shoulders, pulling the two a few feet apart from each other.

“What is the matter, Mr. Hohenheim Elric?” Winry asked, her eyes to the floor, her face an even darker shade of red. She didn't dare make even an attempt at looking at Hohenheim, fear of what he might say or do. Winry knew that he knew where the two young adults were headed; she was scared out of her mind, shaking fear that Hohenheim might break the love that took Edward and herself years to confess.

“Winry….” Edward said, clasping his hand over her's, calming her down. “It's alright, just please, calm down for me.” Edward embraced her, even though he could feel the watching eyes of his father.

“I can't believe what you two were about to do….” Hohenheim scolded. He hovered over the two young adults, bending down to their height and to their surprise, hugged the two in a tight squeeze. “But I'm happy that you have finally confessed your feelings to one another!” Mr. Elric exclaimed, grinning ear to ear. “I'll get out of your way now!” Hohenheim stood back up and wandered off into the kitchen, for his stomach was grumbling so loud that the whole town of Resembol could hear.

The two lovers looked at the direction of where Edward's father was and then back at each other, perplexed. “So, dad's living here until we have enough time to build our own house?” Edward asked. Before she had time to answer, he grabbed hold of her hand and the two walked into the guest room, which was currently Edward's and Alphonse's bedroom. They both plopped down on Edward's twin size bed, talking, telling each other all their problems and wishes they want to be granted.

“Yeah. While you and Alphonse were gone, on your last attempts for the Philosopher's Stone, Mr. Elric came by. He wanted to surprise you two boys and see the succession of bringing back Al's body and your right arm and left leg. He's a really nice man, but scares the hell out of me!” Winry whispered, watching towards the door, to see if anyone was eavesdropping on their conversation.

“He scares me too. I don't really like the fact that he came back, abandoning mom and us…” Edward trailed off looking into deep space, remembering all the painful memories of his frightening past.

“What about your mom? Are you going to try and bring her back again?” Winry asked, curious to see if she might actually have another mother to help her with any predicaments. Even though she thought of Aunt Pinako as a mom, since both her parents died in the Ishbal War, Pinako was getting into her late sixties. Death was at her door….soon.

“It's a useless cause. I don't want to risk anything again. If I tried, even with the Philosopher's Stone, you wouldn't know if I'd die in the process.” Tears were now running down Edward's face; he finally admitted to himself and to Winry that he would never try human transmutation ever again; no chance at seeing his mother again either.

“Edward….It's alright not to do that. I wouldn't want to you get hurt and die. Then that'd make me have one less family member and soon another one,” Winry laughed through the tears that were running down her pale white face; both of the young lovers now had red, teary eyes.

“Are you talking about Pinako?”

Winry nodded her head. She let go of Edward's grasp around her hands and wiped the tears away. “I want to ask you something. Will you….promise to stay with me forever?”

“Promise,” Edward said, a grin emerging across his face. “I'll stay with you now and forever.”


Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

xxxINUxFANxxx on July 7, 2006, 2:10:33 PM

xxxINUxFANxxx on
xxxINUxFANxxxThat was really good and i want to know what happens next so plz continue

dagger777777 on April 17, 2006, 9:26:13 AM

dagger777777 on
dagger777777continue or else! plz plzplzplzplzplz i will beg and cry (oh hell what did i just say?!)

Birdgirl90 on March 14, 2006, 12:47:52 PM

Birdgirl90 on
Birdgirl90*sighs happily* Please keep the story going...I beg of you, I'm a sucker for this sort of thing...

dragon52 on January 25, 2006, 4:46:25 AM

dragon52 on
dragon52excellent job one of my favorite couples in anime

ShyWanderer043 on November 27, 2005, 2:43:44 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043GREAT STORY PLZ CONTINUE