Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Karin

A story a wrote very slightly based off a friends dream mien mine and mine not your mine

read and comment please!

Chapter 3 - Karin

Chapter 3 - Karin
Inning number three. Why am I still here? Karin was suprised she made it past the first inning, making it to the third was dumbfounding. Her daughter had always loved baseball just because of the "wooshing" sound that the ball and bat made as they sliced thru the air. There were so many memories, and Karin wanted more.
Karin glanced to the side and noticed that no one was sitting next to her. Now that she thought back she couldn't recall anyone sitting there at all since the begining of the game. Oh well... I guess they didn't come...or mabey there just out and about. "Out and About" didn't seem like that bad of an idea. She stood up, she was hungry anyway so she might as well go bye the over-processed-over-priced substance they sold at stadiums.
She glanced around as she walked thru the crowds. People were laughing and having fun, teenagers laughed and made jokes as they walked with there "posses", and parents spent time with there jubulent children. It was wierd how everyone was so happy, she wanted to feel there joy. She eventually decided to get a pretzel and ate it on the way back to her seat.
On the way up the stairs she noticed someone was now sitting in the chair next to hers. His head was turned so she was able to slip into her seat unnoticed. She looked down at the game and tried not to pay attention to the person next to her, but after a few minutes she felt someone gaze on her. She looked to the side where the man sat, and saw that him glance over at her. He smiled as she turned her attention to him.
"Glad to see your not sad anymore" he said joyfully as turned his head to look at her. It was the man from the bathroom. She looked down at her feet embarressed.
"Yeah, we'll go with that" she replied sarcasticly.
"You have pretty eyes" said the man. Karin looked up a bit shocked at such a random statement.
"Uhh..." she managed as she tryed to hide how flattered she actually was. The man smiled, and blushing Karin looked back down at her feet. "My daughter did too." Karin noted after a moment of silence.
"Ah, I see." the man replied.
"Do you?" Karin said as she looked up to glare at him. Yet, in her eyes there was a trace of pleading and hope, and even happiness. Although she herself did not know why the happiness came along with it. The man sighed and looked down at the feild.
"Yes, I do"
She grunted and he looked over at her.
"So," he started, "Your the person who is worst off in the world. You feel completely alone and you want the pity of people to sadly attempt to fill the empty hole you feel inside you?" The words peirced her and filled her with overwelming wrath.
"What did you say?!" She asked her voice rising as did her temper.
He smiled again. "You deny it right? But no it's there in your face, I can see it in your eyes. But, you know a lot of peoplehave it worse off than you. Some people have lost a lot more."
She glanced away guiltly. She knew it was true but what could she possibly do? "Whatever" she heard herself reply.
"I'm a detecive, if she was killed I can help."
She looked up in interest.
"That's what I thought, here's my card." He handed her a white and blue card and she reluctantly took it.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment