Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Random Training

Sorry for the sucky title. The beggining is set in a fanmade village of mine called The Village Hidden in the Shadows, but most of it is set in Konoha. Don't shoot me!

Chapter 1 - Random Training

Chapter 1 - Random Training
Naruto: Random Ninja Festival
Chapter 1

Lynnochi Naomi awoke an hour before the sun rose. She yawned, stretched, and looked at the still dark sky outside. She didn't know why her sensei, Imura Kenshin, insisted on her and her team getting up this early, but he did.

She heard the toilet flush and a tall, gangly twelve year-old stepped out. His blond hair was sticking up on one side from bed head. This boy was Gama Mizu, a Jonin whose parents were from Hidden Mist and Hidden Shadow.

Naomi thought about everyone's origins. Her own mother had been from Hidden Sand, but it was said she had been the daughter of the legendary Sannin Tsunade.

Mizu's father had been from Hidden Mist. His mother was from Hidden Shadow, but was the daughter of the legendary Sannin Jiraiya.

Kenshin's mother, who had originated from Hidden Grass, was supposedly the daughter of some long-lost sibling of the legendary Sannin Orochimaru.

The last person on the team, Otaki Hopeita, was a bit strange. No one knew who her parents were, but she was the great-niece of Tsunade. She had come from Hidden Leaf, but had lived most of her life in Hidden Shadow.

Naomi was brought back to reality when Mizu shoved a mug of coffee under her nose.

"Wake up. Quit starin' at the wall already," he said. Naomi stuck her tongue out at his back and sipped at her coffee silently. Just then, Kenshin burst into the room.

"Okay, team, let's get out there and get some training done before sunrise!" he shouted. He then looked around. "Hey, where's Hopeita!?"

"She's probably still sleeping. She was pretty tired out from that last mission," Naomi offered. "I'll just go wake her up." She crept down the hall to the room where the girls slept and stepped in silently.

She was sprawled out on her bed, still fully clothed from passing out with exhaustion, one arm flung over her face while the other dangled over the side of the bed.

Naomi crept over to the side of the bed and, cupping her hands next to her mouth, whispered "Explosion!" then shouted at the top of her lungs "BOOM!!"

One of Hopeita's eyes opened slightly, looking around until it focused on Naomi, then Hopeita groaned and rolled over.

"Get out, Naomi," she grunted. Naomi frowned.

"Kenshin-sensei says you gotta get up!"

"Yeah, well, Kenshin-sensei can wait five more minutes!"

"Alright, we'll start training without you. Sensei said he was gonna teach us a new jutsu today, and your not gonna know it 'cause you're too lazy to get up."
"Fine, I'll be out in a minute."

When she finally did come out, the others were already outside.

"Okay, now that we're all awake and out of bed, let's begin," Kenshin began. "This jutsu is called Ridoria. It's very similar to the Chidori technique, but it uses shadow energy. Observe." He made a few hand signs and a ball of pure black energy began to sizzle and spark in his hand. He charged at the nearest training dummy and slammed his fist into it. The dummy burst into black flames.

"Now, I want all of you to try that," Kenshin said.

Hopeita rolled her eyes and made the correct hand signs and soon another dummy was being consumed by black flames. She wasn't a copy ninja, but she had the incredible ability to use any jutsu she saw.

Naomi was next. It took her two tries to get it right, but mostly because she hadn't been paying attention the first time. But when she saw her rival, a thirteen year old Chunin named Terramaru, she became determined to get it right.

Mizu was last. It took him several tries, but he finally got. He was the medic ninja of the team, and didn't like using more powerful jutsus. He was content with his water style jutsus.

"Alright, I guess you guys got the hang of that. I don't really have anything else to teach you today," Kenshin said.

"So can we go to Konoha already?" Naomi asked impatiently. The team had been dying to go to Konoha all week, and they didn't want anything holding them up. Kenchin rolled his eyes.

"Fine, but be back by this evening. I have an important meeting with the Akatsuki leader, so you guys are gonna have to keep the rest of the Akatsuki entertained," he said.

Naomi hated the Akatsuki. She had ever since they had taken over the town when she was only five. They had killed both her parents, leaving only her older half-sister to take care of her. She remembered never having any friends. People had always been too afraid of her because of something she had been born with.

Naomi shook her head to clear it of the past. She looked up in time to see Hopeita and Mizu leaving without her, and followed.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ronaldinho on July 18, 2007, 1:31:07 PM

ronaldinho on
ronaldinhocant wait for more

firegem on July 18, 2007, 9:44:03 PM

firegem on
firegemdon't worry. i should have the second chapter done soon!