Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Ramen Eating Contest!

Sorry for the sucky title. The beggining is set in a fanmade village of mine called The Village Hidden in the Shadows, but most of it is set in Konoha. Don't shoot me!

Chapter 5 - Ramen Eating Contest!

Chapter 5 - Ramen Eating Contest!
Chapter 5

Naomi slowly got out of bed and got dressed. She did not want to go out today. All she wanted to do was crawl back into bed and sleep for the rest of eternity. She didn’t want to train with complete strangers. She especially did not like the way that Maito Gai dressed. It was creepy!

Finally, after what seemed like hours, she and her friends were out into the already bright sunlight.

“See ya later,” Hopeita mumbled as she went to find her group. Mizu left to look for his new team also. Naomi sighed and saw that spiky blond kid that was in her new group. What was his name again? Naruto?

She slowly walked over and stood next to him and yawned.

“Morning, Naomi!” Naruto said in his annoyingly loud and cheerful voice. Naomi grumbled something that sounded like ‘Go to hell.’ Just as Naruto was about to get offended, a red-haired sand-nin stalked over. He was looking even more disgruntled than Naomi. Naruto decided not to take his chances.

“Good morning, my youthful new students!” A creepily cheery sounding voice suddenly screamed. Naomi twitched. It was the weird spandex wearing dude she had gotten as her new sensei.

“All right, seeing as though none of you know much about each other, why don’t we go somewhere where we can talk to each other about ourselves!” Gai continued.

“Ooh! Ooh! I know! We can go to Ichiraku Ramen!” Naruto jumped in.

“Ramen it is!” Gai said and led them toward the ramen shop. As soon as they sat down and made their orders, Gai began with his introduction. Nobody was paying any attention, so it sounded mostly like: “Blah blah blah Jonin. Blah blah blah spandex. Blah blah blah youthfulness!! All right, who’s next?” Each person went through their introduction, then Gai stood up.

“Well, I suppose I’ll leave you three alone to get acquainted. I’ll meet you in an hour,” he said, walking away. Naomi slurped her noodles silently as she watched Naruto chat away with no one in particular. Then an idea popped into her head.

“Hey, Naruto. I’m bored. Let’s have a ramen eating contest!” she said. Naruto choked and looked up at her.

“What!? You think you can out-eat me when it comes to ramen!?” he laughed. “I’ll take that bet!”

“Okay, the first person to puke loses and has to pay the bill,” Naomi said, “and if we both end up losing… um, Gaara gets to pay!” Gaara glared at her silently. Naomi ignored him. Naruto ordered more ramen.

“Ready? Go!!” The two grabbed their chopsticks and slurped up the noodles as fast as they could. Naomi drained her bowl right before Naruto and called for more.

Finally, after fifteen bowls, they were both struggling to keep eating. They both leaned over the side of their chairs and heaved their guts out. Naruto sat up and wiped his mouth off.

“Great. We both lost. Looks like Gaara has to pay,” he said. They looked around, suddenly realizing that Gaara wasn’t there.

“Where’d he go!” Naruto screamed, “Someone has to pay!” Then he realized that Naomi had disappeared too. He sighed and reached for his money.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

gaaralover1 on October 22, 2007, 10:24:26 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Just like with Jiraya.... Just like with him.... eExcept no frog stuffy... lol