Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Japan Pursuit ~Part 1~

Just a homework assignment I decided to put up here. Basically about Mihiko, one of my characters, trying to flee Tokyo from police who are chasing after her. Supposedly, she did something wrong, but she didn't know what.

Chapter 1 - Japan Pursuit ~Part 1~

Chapter 1 - Japan Pursuit ~Part 1~
Japan Pursuit
“Great, I think I lost them…” Mihiko sighed heavily, looking around the heart of Tokyo. People crowded the place, filtering the sky with their cars and such. Mihiko was an ordinary person, and everyday Tokyo citizen. But today, she was frantically running for her life, in the afternoon. She hoped to escape from the people she was running from, but she barely knew who they were other than they were cops, and what they wanted. “I think…I should go this way.” Mihiko muttered, slipping into an alley way.
It was slightly dark, even for the bright city. Mihiko leaned against the cold bricks of a building, the top roof curling, gargoyles looking down on her. Mihiko was about fourteen years of age, and she didn’t know what kind of crime she committed to be forced out of her house, and then chased by angry police.
“Where did that brat go?” Someone yelled over the crowd.
“Don’t know!” Another person replied. Mihiko held her breath, reaching for her shoulder. Her pastel purple kimono was ripped, do to the chase. Carefully, she walked out the alley way. “Over there!” An officer yelped. Mihiko scrambled for her dear life, into the crowd, and out of trouble. She bumped into a few people, who made her attract more attention. “Great! Just great!” Mihiko complained, walking to the edge of the sidewalk, where cars slowed down for a light.
She could do it, surely…Maybe, perhaps it would work. She couldn’t call a cab, but she could find one by doing something crazy. Cautiously, Mihiko walked out into the road, and ran. She ran to a car, and banged on the door. The light turned green. The car honked its horn; put Mihiko just opened the back door, settling in. The taxicab driver looked blankly at her. “Are you crazy?!” He blurted. Before he could continue, Mihiko spoke up. “Get me downtown, near the forest.” She said sharply. The forest near the city was very, very small, and it would take her awhile to get there.
Finally, while the man drove her, she decided it would be better to take a chance. While she glanced out the back, she noticed cars zooming up behind. Their lights were off, but someone blared on the loudspeaker. “Stop that car, now!” Suddenly, the taxicab stopped, and was surrounded by millions of blue and red lights. Mihiko opened the car door, running out. She ran faster than she ever could, and ever would.
While the officers were all the way behind examining the confused yellow-car driver, Mihiko reached then end of the town. It took her a couple deep breaths to remain calm, but she survived, and carefully walked out of the city, onto a thin dirt path.
The buildings she passed suddenly weren’t the lively Japan she knew, the temples and such were wilting, and everything seemed quiet, dull. She was in the old area, perhaps, and when the sun reached the pit of the earth, and pink and orange spread across the sky, she was near the forest.
Soon, the sun dipped into the horizon, and Mihiko heard something. She was at the edge of the forest, looking up at the trees. She heard howling, and that howling belonged to wolves. Scrambling into the forest, Mihiko found herself wandering in and through trees, looking up at the aimless flying comets.
Once more, howling was heard. But now, it changed to growls. Mihiko stopped dead, looking into the pearly green orbs of a hungry wolf. The wolf was a dirty gray, like the one behind it…And the others around her… “Oh…no…” Mihiko muttered, noticing herself surrounded by wild dogs. “Hum…I saw this on T.V. once…” Mihiko said, kneeling down to her last resort. Of course, television wasn’t exactly the greatest thing to run to in your time of need. “Niiiice doggies…Hmm, hmm hmm…” She slowly began humming. She saw on T.V., that dogs were put to sleep with a calming lullaby.
One or two wolves backed off, but some stayed. The first one Mihiko saw began barking viciously, baring their teeth. Mihiko stood. She ran, she ran like she ran from the officers. She ran like she ran from the city. The wolves followed, barking. “Stay away!” Mihiko yelled, charging forward.
At the end of the forest, there is a cliff. The cliff is old, and could drop into the water below it anytime. This cliff was named ‘Last Hope’, for when you fell, grabbing onto it, or the rickety bridge, was your last hope. Mihiko arrived at this cliff, looking down. The wolves cornered her, and she heard yelling.
Behind the wolves, coming up cautiously, were two officers, the taxicab driver, and two or three other random people. Mihiko looked down. She looked up.

“AAAAAAAAAH!” Mihiko was falling to the rickety bridge, screaming for her life. Why she had jump, she supposed it was too much. But she didn’t have much time to think. Falling, and grasping the bridges’ tight rope, Mihiko yelped. “Wh- I’m…I’m alive!” She said gleefully, pulling herself onto the bridge. Brush burns scarred her hands, and when she looked up and down, she figured there was nothing to do but climb.
“Mihiko! Get up! We’re going on a picnic today, wake up!” Mihiko’s eyes opened wide. She was still in Tokyo, but in her home. Her mother was shaking her, then sighed and let go. “Mihiko, we’re going on a picnic to Last Hope today. C’mon, let’s move it…” She shifted in time for Mihiko to bolt up. “Last Hope? What…I mean…I don’t really want to go there…How about some place else?” Her mother was already out the door.
The dream felt so real, and it felt like it meant it. Mihiko glanced at her hands, which had faded brush burns. “Could it…?” Mihiko shook her head, getting up and ready. This would be something, she knew it.

((I will probably not add to this. I am tooooo lazy. ^-^))

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

animecheerleader on June 3, 2005, 4:47:32 AM

animecheerleader on
animecheerleaderThis is so interesting I love it. Please update it, it is a great story adn u should post more for your fans. Adds to favs.

Otaku-Kitsune on September 17, 2004, 9:36:27 PM

Otaku-Kitsune on
Otaku-KitsuneWAHHHH!!!! Pwease update! ;_;