Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - prolouge

A post-apocalyptic setting follows two brothers and their best friend after the U.S. is bombed by the third world countries who were tired of U.S. occupation.

Chapter 0 - prolouge

Chapter 0 - prolouge
A/N: hey just lettin u guys know this is my first story so i want to know what to do better. So critism accepted.

As Jason walks into the abandened shelter to look for leftover supplies, he sees a open notebook laying a little table. Jason picks it up and starts to read it.

Nov 13, 2013. My name is Kain Mathews and i'm 14. If you're reading this than we're either dead and you've already found us or we decided to leave the shelter. I am writing this to try to keep whatever sanity i have left after what i've been through. I'll start my story from before the bombs hit. Tyler(my brother 12), Rhea Rose(tyler and my best friend 14), and me were playing in my back yard when the emergency sirens went off. We thought it was another drill given by the army. So we took our time to get to the shelter. We used to play in our shelter. Since it was about 40 feet underground we always thought of it as a secret hide out, but we never thought it would save our lives. While we were walking to the shelter mom stuck her head out the window and yelled that this isn't a drill. After hearing that we ran to the shelter as fast as we could. Once we got to the shelter i told Rhea and Tyler to go down while i waited for mom, i'm so glad they listened. Because i still can't get the disturting image out of my head, as mom came running out of the house she was running so fast but never made it. The first of the bombs fell about fifteen blooks away, i watched as the shockwave with the some kind of radation or toxins came sweeping through the neighborhoods destroying anything that stood in the way of the blast. That included mom too it looked as if she started to melt as she was running. I knew she wouldn't make it so I closed the 5 inch thick door faster than i thought possible for someone like me. I climbed down the ladder in a daze. I locked the hatch to the ladder at the bottom and closed another thick door much like the first one. I stumbled into the room and fell on one of the beds trying not to think of what just happened. Tyler and Rhea started to ask questions but I wouldn't answer them. They put two and two together and got four pretty quickly and they fell into the same state i was in. Rhea broke down first then Tyler followed suit in no time, but i kept telling myself i had to stay strong for them. That didn't last long though because i started crying a few minutes later. That lasted about all night. When the morning came we tried to not think of anything because it kept the pain away. But i couldn't stand the daze i was in and spent the entire next day(yesterday) learning to deal with my mothers fate. I felt so much better today so i thought i should write down what i went through instead of talking about it to Tyler and Rhea. I think this helps a lot.

"Wow. They had it good. I wish my parents' deaths were quick like that", Jason thought to himself before moving on to the next journal entry.

Nov 29, 2013. It took us about a week to stop crying over our losses. Which i thought was pretty quick but i felt better nonetheless. I think we were exposed to watever it was that the bomb let out of it. I know that radiation can cause cellular mutation but i think this is a little differnt than the radiation from atom bombs during ww2 and the cold war. But whatever it was made through the ground and doors that are air tight or it made it through before i closed the door. But the things that are happening to us shouldn't be possible. We discovered that the radiadtion made it through and in lack of a better word it infected us. The radiation gave us inhuman abilities. I can now hear thoughts, Tyler can control electricity, and Rhea can change parts of her body into weapons. And we also can heal faster than before but it leaves us very tired. I'll be writing more if something else comes up.

Jason let out a little chuckle and said to himself, "Those boys are a bit dissapointment. But that girl has a lot of potential." Then he sighed and thought It's gonna be pretty damn hard to find them," before going on to the next entry.

Dec 25, 2013. Well its Christmas and i miss my mother more than ever. Rhea's birthday is in a month, something to look forward to in this prison. I made more discoveries on our abilities that were there two months ago but to small for me to notice them. It seems our abilities went through a development stage and i think it is starting fully mature or something along those lines. My mind reading has been upgraded to telekinesis and i can get brief glimpses into peoples memories. Rhea can shapeshift into animals now but we're not sure how big yet because we're stuck in a 8 foot tall shelter but i think she can turn into anything she wants. Tyler can charge and store small amounts of electricity in his body and draw electricity from his surroundings and manipulate it to his will. Its only been a little over a month and i'm already getting sick of this place but im still alive so i can't complain. I'll write more if anything else comes up.

Jason had his eyebrows raised in slight surprise. "These three are gonna be a lot stronger than a lot of our kind i've met. I defenitely have to find these guys", he mused as he read the date of the last entry.

Jan 21, 2014. Rhea is fifteen today and we heard that it is safe to leave from the broad casts the was sending out yesterday. The army is gonna be looking for survivers till the twenty-fifth. So we're gonna leave the twenty-fourth and hope for the best. Since this is my last entry i want to leave the information about our abilities i have found recently. Our eyes change color when we use our colors. My eyes change from to silver with black pupils. Rhea's change with the thing she changes into but when she changes into inanimate objects her eyes are different the pupils turn a milky white and the iris turns black. Tyler's change gold with black pupils. I just want to go out on a limb and say that our eyes change according to what type of power we possess. Thats all i have to write anout so i wish you luck on you're survival.

"Fantastic they left about five days ago. If i hurry i might catch them before they kill them", Jason said before setting down the journal and standing up off the bed and changing his eyes from green to a bright blue with two pupils. He squats and jumps straight through the ceiling and the earth. He popped out of the ground and landed on all fours on the surface of what used to be kain's backyard. He slowly stood up and dusted off his hawaiian style shirt and his cargo pants. He started sprinting toward the nearest army base. His path to the base wasn't clear of debris and slight larger things like buildings for example but jumped over them like regular debris anyway. He got tired of jumping and decided to just go straight through. The thought, "It's not like anyone uses these things anymore", ran through his mind as he came flying out of what he thought was a locked bank vault. A few more minutes went by before he came up on the army base and he started running as hard as he could and slammed his fist into a thick wall he believed went into the base.

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

zerotimberwolf on July 26, 2008, 9:07:37 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfI'm going to get a hold of vash and let him know about the character

vash13 on March 26, 2008, 6:06:00 AM

vash13 on
vash13Can I add a charater?

gamemasterx5 on March 29, 2008, 3:08:19 PM

gamemasterx5 on
gamemasterx5yah u would be comin in at the end of chapter 2

vash13 on March 6, 2008, 6:48:13 AM

vash13 on
vash13I'm with Zero on that this rocks

gamemasterx5 on March 15, 2008, 1:14:35 PM

gamemasterx5 on
gamemasterx5i need another person for chp 2 want in

zerotimberwolf on March 6, 2008, 4:31:17 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfAwesome keep this stuff up!

sailoraqua13 on March 4, 2008, 12:32:12 PM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13AWSOME!! Can't wait for the next chappie! ^^