Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

This is a story that I just sorta wanted to get on paper, tell me what you think!
 
Everything is copyright to me, because saying that for some reason means that it is in fact legally binding.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2
REIGN OF ELEMENTS
Dark Blade Master General Pain looked out over the short expanse of water that separated his fleet from what was left of Torrent. Smiling to himself he pictured the scene that would be if he made it back to the Dark World with the crystal, the other Master Generals pained looks of hatred, the admiring looks of his masters, the untold glories and rewards that they would bestow on him. Bring our ships up to full speed.
Looking our at his second in command, Lord Claw, he watched as he relayed the appropriate orders to bring them in faster. Of the time in which Pain had known him he had proven himself a capable servant, if not somewhat over enthusiastic. Lord Claw was ruthless in his business, killing whenever he could and never leaving witnesses. If Lord Claw had a chink in his armor though, it was in the vicinity of his ego. Pain had seen him bestow great jobs and powers onto anyone smart enough to praise him. This would become a problem soon but with any luck Claw would be out of his hair before it would matter. The last attempt to gain the crystal had resulted in a dismal failure with the Blue Water Knight decimating troops all round but Pain had prepared for him. Ready the Earth Cannons.
Scuttling to obey his orders, the mariners of the ship made grunting sounds as they dragged fifteen cannons onto deck. They were twenty widths long and about as wide as a fish barrel, when used correctly they could project a ball of Earth magic a great distance away. Master General Pain looked around in satisfaction and said in a confident voice Let him see if he can stand against our power now!
It was common knowledge that Earth magic had element advantages over Water magic, if the Blue Water Knight decided to show himself he would only last a few minutes. Do you think it wise to show them so quickly? What if they find a way to destroy the cannons? Or they target us?
Pain turned to see the source of the whining voice, it was Lord Claw. Pain thundered back at him Do you question my judgment?
Lord Claw showed obvious discomfort. Well, um, that is t-to say that I-I uh&
Pain looked at Claw and could see a great battle was taking place. Claws instinct to survive and his instinct to obey orders were viciously fighting each other, in the end obeying orders must have won out because he made no more outward signs of questioning commands. Pain looked back at Torrent and said quietly to himself This is going to be a glorious day.

Grunt Lethar vomited for the second time today. This was terrible, they were going into the most exciting battle he had ever witnessed and he chose this time to lose his sea legs. Poor, poor Lethar. Gathoon said in a mocking tone.
Lethar looked at Gathoon in contempt and tried to steady himself on the storming barge they were being shipped on to get into Torrents harbor. He refused to let stupid Gathoon taunt him like this, considering that he thought himself better than Gathoon in every aspect it was a personal disgrace that such a thing should be allowed, at least to him. We shall see who is poor when I get twice you kills! Lethar muttered to no one in particular.
They continued in their barge bound for what they hoped would be the fight of their lives, or even better the easiest fight of their lives.

James tried, and failed, to push his way through the crowd to get to the docks. If he didnt get there soon then he might miss the battle, if he did then the other boys would taunt him for weeks and that just wasnt acceptable. James shoved a surly dwarf to the ground as he ran ignoring the startled cries as he hit the ground, felling a growing sense of excitement as he drew closer to the docks James picked up speed. Now where do ya think youre going?
James turned to face the source of the noise only to, once again, be plucked off the ground and into the air by someone three times bigger than himself. By the Gods if I wasnt so short! He muttered darkly.
Taking a few wild swings at whoever held him James was surprised at the fact that whoever held him let go. Now that yave calmed down Ill ask you again. Where are ya going?
Thinking that the best response was the truth, James said lamely To the docks& sir. James added the last word as if it was an afterthought.
James looked at the person for the first time and let out a loud gasp. It was a fire knight, how one of them got into the middle of Water Kingdom was beyond James, the moment that he got anywhere near Water Kingdom, wars would be declared. The knight, true to his title, looked imposing and grand in his flame red armor which not only gave off a slight heat but also looked like it was on fire. Entranced by the strangers armor he didnt notice what was going on until he heard the screams and then saw it. A massive ball of earth was hurtling towards a tower, striking it with a ferocity that James didnt think possible the tower crumpled underneath the massive onslaught from the ball. Earth magic. James heard the fire knight mutter under his breath.
The knight turned back to James and looked at him with piercing blue eyes, and said in a harsh voice Normally I would tell someone as innocent as you to stay behind but I need your knowledge of the city to get to the docks. If I take you, you must give me your word that you will follow my instructions to the letter.
The knight gazed absent mindedly in the general direction of where the ball had come from, for a moment James thought that he had forgotten him but then he turned back to look at him expectantly. Yes, sir. This time James said sir with genuine respect, who ever this person was James could tell he wasnt someone to be trifled with.
They ran through the streets, the knight donning a long back cloak and hood to hide his identity lest someone question why a great enemy of the Water Kingdom was in one of their major cities while they were under attack. No one stopped them to James relief, he wasnt afraid of what the water knights would do if he were caught in the presence of a fire knight, he was afraid of what his mother would do. They continued to run their luck seeming to have on end until& JAMES! Didnt I tell you to stay away?! Who the HELL is he?!
James groaned, Not now he begged Please not now.
Turning to face Stephen, James suppressed another groan. Stephen was in the presence of some of the most Fire Kingdom hating knights anyone in Torrent knew. They made a nice group, James thought, and a nice lucky group. Well? What are you doing? Stephen repeated.
Before James could open his mouth but before he could say anything the knight beside him replied in a slick, sly tone This fine young man was just helping me to the docks, you see my hotel is somewhere around here and I have left something of grave importance in my room. Perhaps you could do better than this boy? My hotel was the Hanging Lynchmann, room 34.
Stephen seemed to consider this for a second, but only a second. Ok sir, well go get it. You just get out of here, James lead him back to the courts.
Stephen and the other water knights ran off in the direction of the Hanging Lynchmann leaving a cloud of dust in their wake. Well boy, lets continue shall we?
James looked at the knight in amazement; the knights deceptive powers amazed him. James was just about to ask the knight how he could trick his brother like that when he was interrupted by the knight again Time is of the essence boy, is there any quicker way to get to the docks?
Smiling at the knight James looked at him Yea, but that will cost you something.
After several hours of running top speed, just after the knight had promised James he would teach him how to trick his brother like he did they burst out of an alleyway and into the docks. James thought the absence of the usually ever present seagulls was strange but the thought was soon pushed from his mind when he saw at least twenty ships sailing into port. What scared him the most was that in addition about fifty smaller boats had already hit Torrents beaches and Dark Blades had flooded onto the beach where water knights were waiting for them. Your knights are strong but they dont stand a chance against that many of them&
The knights speech was cut short by a sudden explosion from the beach. The larger ships had brought some sort of cannons onto their decks and were firing onto the knights. They scattered as the earth magic lobbed at them blew huge chunks of sand out of the beach. Is there any way you can get me onto that ship? The fire knight looked at James with serious eyes and James swallowed a lump that had manifested itself in his throat.
There might be a way& James voice trailed off out of fear, he hadnt known fear much but here is was rearing its ugly head. Then James wondered what the boys would say if they knew he defeated the dangerous invaders& with the help of a knight. James looked towards the small fishing boats that the fishermen used and then looked out at the massive ships that the Dark Blades were using. Would they even be able to get to the ships before they were killed by the Dark Blades? The Fire Knight seeing where James was looking said to him Im no seaman. If you can get us to the boat then Ill handle the rest boy-o.
James and the Fire Knight ran for the boat, the Fire Knight seemingly losing all sense of secrecy threw off his cloak so he could pelt it full force. They made it to the boat without being seen& by too many people. A Dark Blade seeing them make their way to the boats had gotten there before them and raised his sword threateningly. The Fire Knight, not missing a beat pulled out his sword and ran even faster. James thought his speed considering he was in full armor was amazing, he was running faster than him! The Dark Blade apparently was amazed as well and this distracted him for a split second, but that was all the Fire Knight need to swing his sword downwards onto the Dark Blade. Either unconscious or dead James didnt know but the knock did the trick, the Dark Blade went down and didnt get up. Well boy-o get in now and start rowing!
But I need to get it into the water first! James replied gasping from running.
The knight looked over at him and James noticed he wasnt even breathing heavily from the run, though he did look a little embarrassed at not knowing a boat needs to be in the water to work. Well& yes, I can see that. Look just get it moving! He said flushing.
James looked suspiciously at him; everyone in Torrent knew how to sail and had a great understanding of the sea. Then again, James reasoned, he wasnt from Water Kingdom was he? James pushed the small ship into the water and hopped in, the Fire Knight joined him in the boat watching him as he effortlessly rowed them through the water at a great speed. The surprised expression the Fire Knight gave him made James wonder why he was so amazed, James was nothing special, in fact he was one of the weakest rowers in his town. How in the name of Firon are you doing that?
James had to stop a moment to wonder what God the knight was talking about then he remember that once Master Steel told him that the different kingdoms had different element gods who they worshiped. The Water Kingdoms element God was Watus and this Firon must be the Fire Kingdoms element God. Satisfied with his explanation of the Fire Knights words James smiled and replied smugly. Because.
After several minutes of tense and slow rowing closely to one of the larger boats they found a rope ladder leading to the deck that men who had fallen overboard used to get back up. Climbing up the rope slowly and very cautiously they made it up to the top. The Fire Knight was in front of James and was able to see onto the deck. IS there anyone up there? James whispered as quietly as he possibly could.
Yes, about fifteen of them, Im going up to& greet them. Came the knights reply for somewhere above him.
Wouldnt that be dangerous? You could be killed! These people arent like the bullies at school they wouldnt just beat us up, they would kill us& as well. James said fear pricking his voice.
The Fire Knight looked down at him and smiled, then without replying to him he jumped over the edge and James could hear what was going on. The Fire Knight said to the Dark Blades in a casual voice. So, nice day isnt it? What are you doing here?
Oh, just standing here talking to some idiots.
What! Hey I think this guy insulting us!
Very observant you ninny brained puss balls.
After this all James could hear was the clashing of weapons and the yells of the Dark Blades coupled with the grunting of the Fire Knight as he fought back. After several minutes of those sounds all James could hear was silence. Slowly climbing up James crawled over the edge to find the Fire Knight amidst at least thirty dead Dark Blades. Gaping at what the Fire Knight did James looked at the knight in utter amazement. How did you do that? James managed to gasp.
The knight just smiled back and said in a smug voice The specific details of their deaths arent important now boy-o, what is important is destroying those cannons and giving your friends back on the beach a chance to fight.
James felt the bottom of his stomach fall out from underneath him. This was one thing but talking on the lead ship! You cant possibly expect yourself to be able to take on a Dark Blade Master General, can you?
The Fire Knight gazed at the main ship smiling and said almost in hysterics Well, your own navy are going to distract them and Rigon is going to destroy them.
James, all fear and doubt forgotten for curiosity, gazed at the lead boat as well, Whos Rigon?

Rigon the Fire Dragon felt a sudden pull, his bond brother! The dragon had once been teamed with his bond brothers father, but when he died it was Dragon Knight tradition that he bond with his next of kin& even if he wasnt a Dragon Knight. Unlike his father, David had chosen to serve his country instead of the greater good and had chosen his service as a Fire Knight. Despite this setback they were still bonded and Rigon felt his bond brothers spirit call for his assistance, he was unable to ignore the call just as David would be if Rigon called for him. Nonetheless, David was a kind man who had never betrayed Rigons trust; in fact, Rigon had over recent years become very attached to his new bond brother and spent more time wondering where he was instead of collecting riches for his lair. Shaking off the momentary flashbacks Rigon captured the message his bond brother was sending him and tried to find out where he was calling from. This was bad, David had somehow, since he last saw him, ventured into Water Kingdom. As a Fire Dragon he was not allowed into water territory which was home to Water Dragons, however his bond brothers call was desperate. Instincts fought in Rigons brain, the head Water Dragon, Tibius, would of course question why he was there. However he was a reasonable dragon and would understand the situation imposed onto Rigon, but still he was violating a sacred oath his forefathers had put in place to make sure there were no more wars between dragons. Rigon was still mulling his thoughts over where he heard an ear splitting roar. In his thoughtful state he had followed his instincts and ventured into Water Kingdom. Ive got to stop daydreaming. Rigon thought to himself as two Water Dragons swooped in to attack.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment