Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Hoenn

About Crystal and Brendan (From Ruby/Sapphire). A love story! Heh, heh!

Chapter 1 - Hoenn

Chapter 1 - Hoenn
Gone with the Breeze
Crystal sighed wistfully. In her mind was the Pokemon she wanted. A Torchic. And she would get one from Professor Birch.

She wandered around Littleroot Town, looking for Professor Birch. She heard a scream (which Birch would later call a “manly yell”), so she ran over to investigate.

She saw a white haired boy running around frantically waving his arms. She also noticed an (I'm sorry to say this, but it's true) overweight man also running around, except being chased by a couple of Poocheyenas.

The man and boy took no notice of her as they were too busy being cowards.

“Brendan, take a Pokeball from my bag and use it against these Pokemon!”

Brendan gulped, took out a ball, and threw it with his eyes closed. The Pokeball bounced off a tree and hit him in the head, knocking him unconscious. A Mudkip emerged, saw its trainer, and sweat dropped.

“I'm dooommmeddd!!!!!!!” shouted Birch dramatically. Then he saw Crystal. “You! Please help me!”

Crystal ran to the bag and picked up a Pokeball.

“Go!” she shouted, flinging the ball near the Poocheyenas.

A Torchic popped out.

Wow, Crystal thought. My own Torchic!

“Torchic, use scratch!” Crystal commanded.

Torchic leapt up and scratched a Poocheyena. It howled and ran off with its comrades.

Crystal ran over to Brendan and woke him up.

Brendan opened his eyes to see a brunette girl with yellow highlights. He blushed. She's so beautiful, he thought secretly. Quick, act cool!

He stood up a little too quickly and immediately tumbled over. Crystal grinned, and he bushed a deeper shade of red.

“Hi! I'm Crystal!” she said.

“I'm—I'm—I'm—uh,” he stuttered.

“Brendan, right?” she finished for him.

He nodded as he couldn't say anything.

“Oh, sure, like I'm not even here!” Birch said a little sniffily.


***
A few months later...

Crystal had just won the Hoenn league. She and Brendan were riding on their bikes back to Littleroot.

“Hey, Brendan,” she prompted.

“Y—yeah?” he stammered.

“You know what you're gonna do now?” she asked.

“No,” he said.

“Well, I'm gonna travel!” she grinned. “I'll go to Kanto and get some more Pokemon!”

Brendan's face fell. “I hope you have fun,” he said mechanically.

And he watched her pedal away into the distance.


 

***


Six years passed...

Brendan was now older, but he still remembered Crystal. One day he got a letter from her:

Dear Brendan,

Remember me? I'm returning to Littleroot in a couple of days. I'll tell you all about my travels then.



 



Yours truly,


 



Crystal



A few days later, Crystal knocked on his door. He opened it sleepily.“Hey!” she grinned. “Long time, no see!”

“Uh, h—hi,” he spluttered. Crystal told him of how she traveled all the regions: Kanto, Johto, and Orre.

“My friend should be here any minute now,” she said.

“Your friend?” he asked. Her boyfriend, he thought glumly.
“Yeah, I met her during my travels in Kanto.”

Oh, so her friend is a girl, he thought, relieved.

The door opened to reveal a spiky-haired brunette. She looked at him, amused.

“Brendan, this is Rhia, my friend,” Crystal explained.

“Hey Crystal, who's the gramps?” she smirked.

Brendan stood up angrily. “The name is Brendan,” he growled through clenched teeth.

“Sure thing, Grandpa.”

Crystal laughed nervously and steered Rhia into another room for a private talk.

“Try to be polite,” she implored.

Rhia rolled her eyes and joined up with Brendan again. Crystal followed her.

“She's—a little...” Crystal hesitated.

“Rude,” Brendan hissed.

“Rash,” Crystal insisted.

“If you're quite finished talking, I'd like to go to Crystal's house now!” Rhia called from the hallway.

Crystal grimaced apologetically and led Rhia to her house. Brendan sat down wearily and kneaded his brow. He had a feeling that the next weeks were going to be too long for his comfort.


***


 



Instead of insulting Rhia like he wanted to, Brendan worked up his courage to ask Crystal out on a date for the next few weeks.

He took a deep breath and walked outside his house. He strolled down to Crystal's house and rang the doorbell.

Rhia opened the door.

“Hey, you're not the pizza man!” she said indignantly.
He rolled his eyes and pushed past her, ignoring her protests. He found Crystal in her room, reading a book.

“Uh, Crystal, can I talk to you—in private?” he asked, thinking of Rhia.

“Sure,” she smiled.

He grabbed her hand and led her down the stairs and outside.

“Uh, I'm not really sure how to say this, but—“

Crystal gave him a look.

“Uh, how would you like to go out with me this Saturday?” he asked, feeling a bit stupid.

Crystal grinned. “I'd love to!”

And she gave him a kiss on the cheek. Brendan turned scarlet.

Just then, they were interrupted by loud cackling. They turned around to see Rhia watching them from a window.

“When's the wedding?” she laughed.

Crystal and Brendan ignored her and leaned in for a kiss.



THE END

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

gemdrop123neo on November 22, 2006, 7:49:50 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoRargh! This is the best I can get it! Oh well....
Better than...the....EVIL WHITENESS!!!!!

BlackPhoenixHighlord on October 15, 2006, 2:35:34 AM

BlackPhoenixHighlord on
Comment Deleted

gemdrop123neo on October 15, 2006, 11:23:29 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoYeah, I tried doin' everything...but...this...was the best. *shudder*

sapphirestar7789 on June 12, 2006, 11:48:06 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

sapphirestar7789 on June 12, 2006, 11:37:50 AM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S WORST WHEN IT'S OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!

gemdrop123neo on June 12, 2006, 11:37:21 AM

gemdrop123neo on
gemdrop123neoHow'd it turn out like THIS???!!!