Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Whisperpaw's Wish Come True

This is a story about my Warriors clan Sunclan and Whisperpaw! It is a story of how she joined Sunclan ^^ OC's welcome to join! This is gonna be a LONG story so be prepared for a lot of reading ^^

Chapter 2 - Whisperpaw's Wish Come True

Chapter 2 - Whisperpaw's Wish Come True
Tally lifted her head to the morning sun and bounded over to her food bowl. She gulped down a few mouthfuls of tasteless food pellets and then dashed outside to play with her brothers and sisters. She blinked from the bright sun and her ginger coat shone in the sunlight. She looked for her brothers and sisters but couldn’t see them anywhere. She sat down and washed her fluffy tail with a white tip but then, from the corner of her eye, she noticed the bush at the back of her garden moving. She stopped washing her tail and dropped into a pathetic crouch with her fluffy tail sticking right up in the air. She prowled over to the bush and stopped right next to it and listened carefully. She could hear giggles coming from the bush. She grinned and then jumped into the bush knocking over a ginger tabby she-cat and a tabby tom. She pinned them to the ground and looked into their frightened eyes and she growled at them. Then she laughed and got off the 2 cats as they sat up laughing too.
“Good one Tally, you really got us that time!” The ginger tabby she-cat grinned at Tally playfully.
“Thanks Ginger! I think I’m getting the hang of this!” Tally smiled back at her.
“Keep it up and you’ll be a full grown warrior in no time!” The tabby tom teased.
“Well, I think I have what it takes to be a warrior cat of the forest Oliver!” Tally playfully growled at the tabby tom.
“Yeah right, you will never be a warrior!” Oliver teased Tally. Tally snarled at Oliver and then turned around and walked over to the hole in the fence at the edge of the garden. Tally would usually sit there looking out of the hole through the fence at the forest. She would often see warriors stroll past hunting but she never got to talk to any of them. They looked amazing with brightly coloured pelts and excellent hunting skills! Tally sighed as she looked up at the tall fence.
“If only I was older I could just jump over the fence and go and be a warrior of the forest!” Tally said. Suddenly, she heard paw steps creeping up behind her. She spun around to see the ginger tabby she-cat approaching her.
“Guess I need more training on my hunting!” the ginger she-cat grinned.
“Hey Ginger” Tally groaned and put her head in her paws.
“I wish I was a forest cat too!” Ginger grinned.
“You do? But I thought I was the only one in our litter that wanted to be a warrior!” Tally gasped. Ginger shook her head.
“No! I often dream of being a warrior, hunting in the prey infested forest, catching my own food instead of eating dry, tasteless pellets all the time!” Ginger chuckled and Tally nodded.
“Maybe we will be warriors one day! Me and you, guarding our clan from other blood thirsty cats trying to invade our territory!” Tally smiled. She looked as though she had cheered up a bit.
“That would be great!” Ginger agreed.
“Maybe one day, we will be able to make the jump over the fence and escape into the life of a forest cat!” Tally grinned.
“That would be a dream come true!” Ginger smiled as she lay down next to Tally and peered though the hole in the fence. They sat there looking through the hole for ages until Ginger went in for her supper.
“Coming Tally?” She asked.
“No, I think I’m going to stay out here for a while!” Tally smiled.
“If your sure!” Ginger said as she bounded into the house. Tally sat there looking through the hole in the fence when suddenly, a powerful white tom with different patterned red paws and brown stripes leaped out of the trees and pinned a plump mouse to the ground. He finished the mouse off with a graceful blow from his claws. He was just about to turn to leave when he heard something.
“Wow!” Tally gasped peering through the hole. The tom dropped the mouse and walked over to Tally. Tally got a bit scared and started to back away as the strange cat approached her.
“You must be the kittypet who lives here,” the cat said to Tally.
“Well, I do live here but I have another sister and a brother!” Tally said shyly. The cat grunted and then turned to get his mouse and walk back into the forest when he felt a tugging on his fluffy tail.
“Wait! I want to be a warrior too!” Tally shouted as she gripped onto the cats tail. The cat spun around in surprise.
“Do you really think a kittypet could be a clan cat?” The tom asked. Tally fell silent and let go of the toms tail. He turned back around and picked up his mouse again. He was just about to walk back through the trees.
“I’ll get Sunstar to come and meet you tonight at moonrise and she will decide your destiny of a kittypet or a clan cat,” The tom spoke through the mouse in his mouth and then he leaped through the trees and back into the forest. Tally was so excited that she couldn’t even sit up. In the end, she ran back to her house to tell her brothers and sisters but then she stopped dead in her tracks. Why should I tell them? All they do is mock me! Except Ginger! Tally thought to herself. She sat down and thought it over. In the end she decided to keep this a secret from them. She bounded inside to see Ginger and Oliver asleep in their basket with the lights turned off. The humans must be asleep Tally thought as she climbed into the basket with Ginger and Oliver and fell into a deep sleep dreaming of the forest.
 
A few hours later, Tally awoke and crept out of her basket at moonrise and waited in front of the hole in the fence. She waited for ages until suddenly, a slender ginger she-cat with a golden muzzle and pelt and paws and a tuft of ginger hair on her head crept out of the forest. She sniffed the air for any other clan cats around on her territory and then she walked over to Tally. She sniffed her and then stood up tall against the fence.
“So you’re the kittypet Bloodfoot told me about then?” The she-cat asked Tally. Tally nodded shyly. The she-cat sniffed her again.
“How can you get out?” the she-cat asked.
“I’m not sure!” Tally admitted. The she-cat shook her head and then, with one graceful jump, she leaped over the tall fence! She landed on the other side and stood next to Tally. Tally cowered at the huge cat but when she realised, she stood up straight. The she-cat sniffed her again.
“Do you think you have what it takes to be a clan cat?” The she-cat asked. Tally nodded.
“I have dreamed about forest life ever since I was born!” Tally said. The she-cat nodded.
“My name is Sunstar, the Sunclan leader. The tom you met yesterday was my deputy, Bloodfoot,” Sunstar said and Tally nodded.
“It’s very nice to meet you Sunstar! My name is Tally!” Tally smiled.
“Follow me Kittypet if you really want to be a clan cat,” Sunstar said as she lifted Tally up in her jaws and jumped over the fence. She dropped Tally on the ground on the other side and walked off into the forest. Tally ran after her. They went through many tangles of vines and nettle patches until they got to a little stream. Sunstar leaped into the stream and swam across. Tally put her paw into the water and then jumped back. It was ice cold. Sunstar narrowed her eyes at Tally so she quickly jumped in and swam across, the cold water freezing her but she finally made it across.
“Get used to it kittypet!” Sunstar said as she ran off into the forest again. Tally ran after her. They ran through many more nettle patches and poison ivy and sharp bushes with thorns on them until they finally got to two rocks lodged close together but they left a big enough gap for a cat to get through. Sunstar slipped through the two rocks and Tally followed her. When they got through the rocks, Tally gasped. In front of her, were cats of all shapes and sizes running in and out, bringing in supplies or fresh- kill. There were also two small caves to the left with cats resting inside them and on the right was another cave with sunflowers covering the entrance. Almost next to the entrance, was another cave that went underground. It had cobwebs covering it and injured cats were running in and out. On the left of the entrance was a huge hollow tree stump with a few old looking cats lying in it eating fresh kill bought to them by other cats. There was also a very tall rock in the centre of the scurrying cats. Behind it was a hole in the ground surrounded by flowers and various she-cats would run in and out of it occasionally. Sitting on the tall rock, was Bloodfoot. He noticed them and jumped down from the rock. He dipped his head to Sunstar.
“Welcome back Sunstar, I see you have brought this kittypet to our clan! Do you think she has what it takes to be a clan cat?” Bloodfoot spoke to Sunstar.
“She thinks she has what it takes but only time will tell,” Sunstar replied. Bloodfoot nodded and dipped his head to Sunstar.
“Would you like me to show the kittypet around the camp?” Bloodfoot asked Sunstar.
“That would be good Bloodfoot, thank you,” Sunstar replied as she left Tally with Bloodfoot and she walked into the cave with sunflowers covering the entrance. Bloodfoot looked down at Tally.
“So Kittypet, you joined Sunclan! Welcome, you have made the right choice of joining Sunclan, that is of course, if you are destined to be a clan cat. The only kittypet ever to be in our clan is the elder, Sweetsilence,” Bloodfoot said pointing his nose to an old but pretty she-cat with silky ginger fur sitting in the hollow tree stump next to another she-cat who was a tabby with a very pink nose and an old brown and white Manx tom. Next to them were also a longhaired calico she-cat with unusually long claws and an old black and white she-cat with mattered fur and rotten teeth.
“Sweetsilence is the ginger elder and the rest of the cats are other elders. The longhaired Calico is called Longclaw and the brown and white Manx cat is called Fishbreath. The black and white she-cat with mattered fur and rotten teeth is called Rottenfang and the tabby she-cat with the pink nose is called Berrynose,” Bloodfoot explained and Tally nodded. “They are in the elders den. Only elders are allowed in there unless the other cats are taking them fresh-kill,” Bloodfoot explained. He walked over to the first cave on the left and Tally followed. She peered in to see younger cats resting or sharing fresh-kill with one another in small nests.
“Is this where I will be sleeping?” Tally asked Bloodfoot.
“Yes, this is the apprentice’s den. Apprentices sleep here until they get their warrior names and then they can stay in the warrior’s den in the next cave,” Bloodfoot explained as he pointed his nose to the den next door with older cats resting or sharing fresh-kill. Bloodfoot moved on to the huge rock. “This is the high rock where Sunstar or I will stand if we want to call a clan meeting or announce something to the clan,” Bloodfoot said. “Next is Sunstar’s den, you are not permitted into her den unless she ask to see you,” Bloodfoot explained pointing his nose to the cave covered in sunflowers. They moved on to the underground cave next to the camp entrance. “This is our medicine cat, Kestrelwing’s den. Cats who are sick may come and see
“What’s that hole at the back of the High Rock?” Tally asked.
“That’s the nursery where queens nursing kits or expecting kits stay. You are not permitted to go in there unless the queens say you can,” Bloodfoot explained. As Tally and Bloodfoot stood at the camp entrance after the tour, Sunstar walked out of her den and came over to Tally and Bloodfoot.
“Did you enjoy the tour of Sunclan camp?” Sunstar asked Tally.
“Yes, I enjoyed it very much! You have a wonderful camp!” Tally smiled.
“Good, then I think its time we introduced you to your fellow clan mates and have your naming ceremony!” Sunstar told Tally. Tally grinned with excitement as she followed Sunstar and Bloodfoot onto the High Rock. Sunstar called all of the cat’s attention and they all stopped what they were doing to come and listen to her at the High Rock. As all the cats sat down in front of the high rock, Sunstar spoke.
“Sunclan, I bring you a kittypet who wishes to be a clan cat!” She spoke to the clan. There were murmurs from the crowd of cats.
“A kittypet as a clan cat?” A young grey tom with a tarnished pelt spoke out.
“That’s ridiculous!” a longhaired white tom shouted into the crowd.
“Kittypets don’t belong here!” a young tabby she-cat snorted. Tally crouched in shame of her kittypet roots but then someone spoke over the crowd.
“Leave the poor thing alone, I was a kittypet too you know!” Tally turned around, it was Sweetsilence!
“Sweetsilence is right, I have chosen this kittypet to be a clan cat and it is her who will prove if she is really capable of living in the forest!” Sunstar spoke. Tally nodded gratefully at Sweetsilence and she nodded back and then sunk into the crowd.
“The kittypet by the name of Tally will now have her naming ceremony!” Bloodfoot stepped forward and spoke to the cats. Sunstar stood at the edge of the high rock and faced the crowd.
“I Sunstar, leader of Sunclan will now give this kittypet her apprentice name,” Sunstar said. Tally looked at Sunstar with wide eyes. “From this day forward, this cat will be known as Whisperpaw!” Sunstar shouted as she stepped forward to Tally and put her head on her shoulder. Tally licked Sunstar’s shoulder as an acceptance of her apprentice name. Whisperpaw smiled and sat proudly facing the cat.
“We will observe you for the next moon and then appoint you a mentor,” Bloodfoot told Whisperpaw as they all walked down from the High Rock as the cats made an aisle in the middle of them so they could walk through all of the cats. As they did, they all dipped their heads to Whisperpaw, Sunstar and Bloodfoot. Sunstar walked Whisperpaw to the apprentice den.
“Get some sleep, you will need it for your training tomorrow,” Sunstar told Whisperpaw as she walked off. Whisperpaw walked into the den and looked around. The whole den was full of mossy nests. Whisperpaw sat down in the corner and watched the other cats walk in. They seemed to eye her as they settled into their nests. Whisperpaw felt hurt that none of the cats had told her what to do or had even bothered to greet her into the clan. She sighed and lay down in the nest and closed her eyes. She was just dozing off when a rustling noise woke her up. She looked to her left to see a black and white she-cat getting comfortable in her nest. The she-cat turned to face Whisperpaw.
“Hey there Kittypet!” The she-cat smiled at Whisperpaw
“Hi!” Whisperpaw said surprised that a clan cat had actually talked to her. The she-cat must have noticed this.
“I don’t mind that you’re a Kittypet!” The she-cat smiled.
“You don’t?” Whisperpaw gasped.
“Of course not! Oh by the way, my name’s Ticklepaw!” The she-cat grinned.
“Cool!” Whisperpaw grinned back at Ticklepaw.
“Maybe you can train with me and my mentor, Cherryblossom tomorrow!” Ticklepaw grinned.
“That would be great!” Whisperpaw replied.
“Awesome! See you in the morning then! We need to be up before sunhigh tomorrow to eat our fresh-kill and then be ready to train by sunhigh!” Ticklepaw yawned as she tucked her head in-between her paws and closed her eyes.
“See you in the morning!” Whisperpaw smiled as she wrapped her tail around herself and fell asleep. She was finally a clan cat.


See, yold you it was long! XD Hope you still like it though ^^

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

silvercat on September 22, 2007, 8:55:40 AM

silvercat on
silvercatI love Whisperpaw's personality. Great story so far!