Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Shadowkiller's Job

Another Sonic fanfic from DA.
Darkness is coming and only an ancient prophecy can save everyone.
(Barley update this now but I'll try to soon)

Chapter 3 - Shadowkiller's Job

Chapter 3 - Shadowkiller's Job
That night, Eggman trudged through the Dark Dungeon and through the Fourth Wall. The dark creature, known as the Master and Shadowkiller were standing there waiting for him. Shadowkiller had his arms folded and a blank scowl on his face whilst the Master’s face was shrouded in darkness and it was impossible to see his expression. Eggman bowed before the two.
“Welcome.” The Master breathed in throaty words. “Rise and come forth.” Eggman did as he was told and walked closer to the two. There was a small pit that looked somewhat like a well next to the Master and Shadowkiller that was green with red fumes spiraling around the green water. “This is the Pit of Souls. Dead soles dwell here if their body is unable to go on.” Shadowkiller explained. Eggman gasped. This was his first time in the Fourth Wall. Shadowkiller had been her numerous times since he had been made a warrior but he wondered if this was how Shadowkiller had felt the first time he had gazed into the Pit of Souls.
“Shadowkiller has been here more than five times, this is your first.” The Master explained. Eggman nodded through his gasping expression. He was a much newer warrior than Shadowkiller which meant he was less trusted. Only the Master’s most trusted warriors were allowed into the Fourth Wall. Shadowkiller was very trustworthy and high-ranking and it was that that had allowed him to come to this place often. “We need two more soles to complete my collection. The soles of Sonic the Hedgehog and Silver the Hedgehog.” The master breathed slowly. Eggman turned towards the Master, a puzzled expression on his round face.
“Why Silver’s? Surely he’s not a problem?” Eggman questioned. The Master turned towards Eggman, his eyes glowed bright red that seeped through his shadowed face and burnt into Eggman.
“Do you dare question your master? I have trusted you to view the Pit of Souls and be present in the Fourth Wall and this is how you repay me?” The Master scowled through gritted teeth. Eggman took a step back but the Master moved closer to him, leaning into Eggman’s face until he could feel his burning breath scorch his nose. “If the prophecy is true, then Silver must be destroyed as well.” The Master replied shortly. Prophecy? What prophecy? Eggman thought but he knew better than to question the Master again. Instead, he bowed his head.
“I understand master.” He replied. The Master leaned back and went to stand by Shadowkiller again.
“If the prophecy is true, then why are you sparing me?” Shadowkiller asked curiously although his tone was blank and emotionless.
“You have proved your worth. I’d think twice before ending your life. As one of my most trusted Warriors, I know you better than to turn against me.” The Master replied. Shadowkiller nodded.
“You can trust me master. The Dark side is my life and my one true promise is to you.” Shadowkiller stated. Eggman looked at Shadowkiller curiously.
“But what about your promise to Maria?” He asked. Shadowkiller turned his gaze towards Eggman. His eyes slanted and his teeth gritted.
“Do not mention that name. Maria is dead, as is my promise to her. I can’t waste my time dwelling on the past. My path has unfolded and I now know where I belong and you have no right to question my moves!” Shadowkiller spat scornfully.
“But…” Eggman started but was cut off by the Master’s sharp claws gripping his throat.
“Are you questioning Shadowkiller’s loyalty?” the Master asked, his grip tightening. “Maybe you should question your own before you question others.” He scorched before throwing Eggman to the ground. “Be gone! Your use here is done. I’ll think twice before trusting you again.” The Master whispered, turning his back on Eggman. Eggman got up, gaping but knew better. He knelt to the floor and bowed his head.
“Y-Yes Master.” He stuttered before scurrying off. The Master turned to Shadowkiller.
“If the prophecy is true, you need to make sure you don’t mess this up. Finish your duty tonight.” The Master ordered. Shadowkiller nodded and started to walk to the exit of the Fourth Wall. “And Shadowkiller.” The Master started. Shadowkiller turned to face the master. “Don’t fail me. Again.”
“Yes master.” Shadowkiller replied, a flicker of shock glinting in his eyes but he continued to walk proudly out of the Fourth Wall, leaving the Master by himself.
“If you fail me again Shadowkiller, you will pay dearly, this time with your life.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment