Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Safe?

Another Sonic fanfic from DA.
Darkness is coming and only an ancient prophecy can save everyone.
(Barley update this now but I'll try to soon)

Chapter 5 - Safe?

Chapter 5 - Safe?
“What do you mean they got away?!” The Master yelled at the black and red hedgehog kneeling in front of him.

“I said they got away but they won’t survive, trust me, I’ll get those two if it’s the last thing I do.” Shadowkiller replied, confidence lingering in his voice although his throat was dry with the thought that the Master could kill him instantly. He felt his glowing eyes burn through his fur, no sympathy shone for the scared Hedgehog as he knelt before his superior.

“I trusted you Shadow Killer.” The Master begun. “And you failed me!” He instantly unsheathed a huge claw and struck Shadowkiller painfully across the face causing the hedgehog to fly back into a tree trunk as blood gushed from his petrified face. One eye remained closed as Shadowkiller emerged from the mess of broken wood, blood dripped from a fresh scar streaked right across his left eye, the other one blood shod as they both stared in fear at the Master.

“I said I would kill you but I’ll give you one last chance. Bring me Sonic and Silver by tomorrow. Dead.” The Master droned in his gravely voice as he sunk back into darkness. Shadowkiller, sprawled on the floor lay there for a while longer before eventually shaking his head and rising up again. Instead of hope, fear flashed in his eyes. This was the first time Shadow had been truly scared, that was, until Maria’s death. He pushed the blonde girl to the back of his mind. Maria was dead and there was nothing he could do about it. The Master had taught him not to linger to the past and he wasn’t about to start to. With his last ounce of strength, he heaved himself towards the end of a hill and started to walk across the plains. Sonic and Silver wouldn’t live to see tomorrow.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
“Ouch, looks like that hurt! You ok buddy?” Sonic asked a tired looking Silver. The young hedgehog had just regained consciousness from the shock that Shadow had unleashed upon him.

“S-Sonic? Is that you?” Silver asked attempting to get up.

“Whoa, take it easy there pal! You need to rest.” Sonic soothed as he pushed Silver back to the sofa and pulled a blanket over him.

“But didn’t you see Shadow? He’s gone crazy! We need to do something about him!” Silver gasped as he tried to get up again only to be stopped by Sonic.

“Listen Silver, I saw Shadow and I know he’s acting all crazy but there’s nothing you can do about it now. We’ll have to see to it in the morning.” Sonic pointed out raising an eyebrow. Silver only sighed and slowly nodded his head leaving Sonic to get up and approach his bar-like kitchen.

“So, is this your house?” Silver asked in a surprised tone.

“Yup. Knuckles and Tails helped me build it.” Sonic replied whilst busying himself in the freezer looking for some ready-made chilidogs.

“You three built this?!” Silver gasped as he stared in awe at the beautiful house.

“What can I say? Were Sonic Heroes!” Sonic grinned in a joking way as Silver just rolled his eyes. “But anyway, you want something to eat?” Silver looked thoughtful for a second.

“What have you got?” He asked after a while.

“Lemme see. I have chilidogs, frozen chilidogs, microwaveable chilidogs and ready-made chilidogs.” Sonic replied whilst rummaging in the fridge and freezer generously.

“Uh, do you have anything other than chilidogs?” Silver questioned hopefully.

“Well I do have this one box of sushi if you wanted. I got it when Tails came to stay the night but Tails didn’t eat it.” Sonic asked. Silver thought about the offer and then nodded his head in approval. “Great! I’ll put it in the cooker and then I’ll go and get some apples from the tree just down the path outside my house.” Silver blinked hard.

“Why?” He asked slowly.
“Oh you should try sliced apples with chilidogs, tastes delicious!” Sonic grinned. Silver just stuck his tongue out leaving Sonic to shrug and walk outside to gather his own apples.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
“Hmph, no apples with his chilidogs! I mean I’d try anything with mine, what’s his problem?” Sonic muttered to himself as he zipped around the fields gathering shining apples that had fallen to the fluffy grass and positioned themselves in crevices of earth. As the blue blur bent down to pick another up he was knocked off guard by a yellow flash. “Ouch! What the? Shadow?” He asked in shock as he spun around to see the black hedgehog standing isolated by a tree with his arms folded, back turned to Sonic and only his blood red eyes stared at him as he twisted his head to view the hedgehog. ‘What now?” Sonic asked in an angry tone still mad about the previous fight.

“Silence, my name is Shadowkiller and I’m here for you Sonic the hedgehog.” Shadow grinned a grotesque, evil smirk that would scare the living daylight out of anyone.

“Shadow, this has gone too far, look what you did to me and Silver!”

“Well you look fine unfortunately however, I wouldn’t say the same for that naïve future hedgehog though.”

“Shadow, what happened? You’ve changed. I mean you were always angsty but never evil!” Sonic replied, sorrow etching at his words as he stared at his long-time rival. Shadow flicked an ear, thoughts seemed to be flooding his mind for a mere second but he soon shook off whatever he was thinking about.

“Angsty?” He questioned in an almost child-like voice.

“Well duh! What’s with all that stuff about loosing Maria and then your amnesia, you know!” Sonic started blabbering with his eyes closed, not noticing Shadow’s face turning into a scowl, fangs snarling towards his blue nemesis.

“Don’t mention Maria, she’s dead!” He shouted at Sonic, stopping the poor blue hedgehog in mid-sentence.

“Shadow…”

“No, stop trying to talk your way out of this Sonic, that’s all you ever do! I was ordered to kill you and your pathetic silver companion and I’m not going back on my words!” He growled as he lunged towards Sonic, a gun grasped between his hand aimed directly at Sonic and with one move, he shot the gun.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment