Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Healing

Worlds are being destroyed, and once again Riku finds himself wrapped up in a mission to save them. Now Riku must pursue Malifecent through strange new worlds with a partner he could live without, while trying to find the answers to his existence. Oneside

Chapter 2 - Healing

Chapter 2 - Healing
His eyes could not lie, thought he tried desperately to hide his feelings. Those dangerously tangible and tangled things, lurking behind the curtain of long silver hair he had cultivated before his eyes. Such a mask was a meager defense, for every small gust of wind, the quick swipe of a hand, or the very act of brushing those bangs before his face, betrayed his motives.

He smiled and shook his head, but his eyes would always reflect what he didn't want them to know. The guilt they misunderstood, the pain they misread, they knew him better then himself, and yet the didn't know him well enough.

True, his feelings for Kairi were deep enough to scare and scar him, but he accepted that he would never be able to love her like Sora did. While the three of them shared a bond stronger then any other, the connection between the two of them was the strongest. Not even the legendary power of the paopu fruit could compare.

He pushed his hair from his eyes, only to have it swing back in place as he leaned against the base of his favorite tree.

It hurt him sometimes to see them so close, but he tried not to linger to long on it. Thought things may change between them, he knew they would always have room in their hearts for him.

So when they sat close together, or when they laughed and swatted playfully at the small amount of space between themselves, he knew, one glance at him, at his eyes, could ruin the delicate strings that held the three together. His feelings, his treacherous feelings, were out in the open, but nothing could lessen the pain, nor hide their quick glances, their secretive shy smiles, their lingering hands, just as nothing could hide the tiny amount of painful guilt he tried so hard to bury within his chest.

His eyes could not lie, even when he insisted he felt nothing when his friend first approached him. The boy remained skeptical, staring up at the taller teen as thought expecting to see something, and perhaps he had. The question had been hypothetical of course, Sora had assured him with a laugh, a nervous chuckle, and they continued their lives.

Again running a hand through his bangs he released an aggravated sigh, knowing that somewhere, probably in their own home, Sora and Kairi were thinking of each other was beginning to drive him mad.

Watching them blush and laugh nervously as they quickly glanced away from each other was laughable, but it made him feel mad with guilt and frustration all the same.

He was jealous of their relationship, and afraid he was going to be left behind.

His eyes could not lie, to his friends or to himself.

Something had to be done. The anxiety that began to spread through his restless body upon the arrival of nightfall was beginning to stir within his being, and he knew it was time. Within his hand he clutched a bottle, the love of his two best friends possibly sealed beneath the cork along with his fate.
Pushing himself up off the tree, he pulled back his arm, and flung the bottle as far as he could out into the sea.

In the light of the setting sun all he could see was its tiny shimmering shape as it bobbed and ducked beneath the waves, and finally disappeared.

His eyes could not lie, nor could they hide the wounds that had yet to heal. He had redeemed himself, been freed from the darkness, but there was still more he felt he could do.

He planned to find himself, and maybe, for them and for himself find a way to heal.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment