Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Mount Olympus

The story is about Aclaeus Johnson who findes ou he is the son of Zeus the king god of Olympus. His father tells him that a war is brewing between the gods, not only of Olympus, but between the Egyptians.

Chapter 2 - Mount Olympus

Chapter 2 - Mount Olympus
The plane slowly accelerated, then took off gently on the fairly cold late November morning. You may think that this is perfect for a take off. I, on the other hand, was breaking Zeus' godly hand. Wait! I forgot to tell you what happened before! So.....

I stared him. He was smilling, but not the I'm just kidding smile. It was a happy smile. I thought that this could be his poker face, but still I believed him. "Dad? Is it really you?" I could almost feel a tear trickling down my face (how childish of me!). He nodded. I continued to stare at him. My mouth was on the floor.
"Honey," my mom said. "Close your mouth before a fly flies in there. We don't want to have a repeat of last month." She stared at me sternly. I reached down and pulled it up closed.
Then, I remembered what he said in that same sentence. "Wait, you said something about Zeus. What is that supposed to mean?"
"Aclaeus, I am the great God Zeus, King of the sky and lighning, not mention all of Olympus." I stared at him, not in complete awe, but the "you got to be kidding me do I look like an idiot ?" stare.
I exploded. "You've got to be kidding me! Do you think I'm an idiot?" He stepped back as if punched in the chest. It must've been my ferocity. "How the hell could you have the guts the come into our house and claim that you are my dad and the god Zeus! This is not my dad and not your husband, mom!" I pivoted around on the squeky clean floors and stomped out the room.
"Aclaeus!" Mom got up to follow me but the man stopped her. He gently seated her back on the metal stool we had for chairs. "I'll show him." He reassured her. This got me even more mad than I already was. As I stomped up the stairs, I was sure that everything on the first floor was vibrating. I continued on into my room slamming the door behind me.

10 minutes later someone knocked on my door. "Who is it," i sadin as i continued working on my Social Studies home work. I had to draw a picture of either a Greek god or a Norse god. I had chosen Thor, the Norse god of lightning and thunder.
"It's me." The dude from downstairs.
"Why are you still here. I thought I told you to leave." This man was ticking me off.
"I'm still here and I'm coming in." He opened the and came inside.
"The door should've been locked. Mom is going to have to replace the lock, which means more hours for her at work." My eyes glanced at him from behind my paper.
"I'll replace it since I'm the man of the house." He smiled jokingly. I didn't think it was funny at all.
"The hasn't been a man of the house since my dad left," I glanced up again, "and I turned 13. So you can shut up and leave, Zeus." I could feel the fire in his eyes. I had almost pushed him to the breaking piont.
"You don't want to see me snap." I put down my piece of paper and looked at him.
"Oh really?" I put my hands over my chest. "What if you do?"
"Something bad could happen to you."
"So now you're threatening me, huh. Mom won't be to happy." I got off my bed and started to the door. I brushed past him, bumping my shoulder against his torso (he was really tall).
I guess that set him off because I could feel a change in the room. Like (this may sound wierd) there was a shift in the amount of energy in the area. Crackling errupted around him. I stopped in my track. An eriee blue light shown over the drawing filled walls of my room. I peered behind my shoulder. In his hand was a lightning bolt. A real, pure lightning bolt. Electricity crackled around his eyes and blue smoke flowed from them.
"Now do you believe?" A smile flickered across his face like the lightning in his hand. I slowly turned my whole body around.
I still couldn't believe he was my dad. "So, you are Zeus." I felt as if my whole body was going to explode. I guess it was just the energy in the room from finding out that in my house is the one of the greatest gods in the world. I took a step closer.
"I would not come any closer, Aclaeus." Still I continued, and took another step foward. Suddenly, an arc of lightning split from the mass and flew towards me. I threw my hands up. I heard Zeus yell, "Aclaeus, no!". BUt the arc continued and then everything went black.

The first of my senses returned. "Aclaeus? Aclaeus?" It was very faint, but I could under stand it. Then, I could smell. It was like singed hair and burning paper. It all came back to me. I had been electrocuted by Zeus' master bolt. Finally, I could see and standing right over
off me was the Zeus.
"How you feeling, son?" I moaned and tried to sit up. He pushed me back down. "Stay down."
"Fine. Well, I can't feel my fingers, feet, toes, so on. So, over all, I feel like crap." I sighed. "So, Is anything wrong with me? Is my hair all burnt off? Do I have 3 degree burns on my arms and all over my body?"
My mom looked at Zeus. Then back to me. "Honey...." She sighed also. "YOur hair is kinda-"
"Burnt off!" My eyes exploded open.
"No, it's kind of silvery."
"What?"
"Aclaeus," Zeus said in a gruff voice. "The hair on your scalp is now silver instead of black."
"Nu-uh!"
"What is Nuh Uh?"
"Nothing. I am going to look at myself in the mirror if you don't mind." This time, Zeus didn't stop. I sat up and slowly got off the table. The gos ran to help me, but I brushed him away. "I got it," I had said. Walking up the stairs made my head hurt.
"OW!" I brought foot up fast balancing on one foot. THere was a large splinter in my foot. "Dang!" I quickly pulled it out and continued on my determined way to the bathroom. The next obstacle in my way was my bedroom door. I must went flying when I was shocked and had broken down the door. I peered inside and everything was fine. I walked into my final destination. The bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I used to think that any color hair other than black wouldn't look good on an African-American, but boy, I looked good with silver hair.
I flexed infront of the mirror. I actually looked better. I walked back down stairs arrogantly, as if everyone wanted hair like mine. "So, how do I look?" I posed infront of mom.
"As handsome as usual." My mom smiled and I blushed a little.
"Like your father," Zeus said. The blush immediatly vanished from my face.
"You are not my father and never will be." I pointed at him, tempted to jab my finger in his chest. I didn't want to get electrocuted again so I didn't.
"I guess," he smiled smugly, "you don't want to go and see my kingdom."
My eyebrows shot up. "Are you saying that you are going to take me to-"
"Mount Olympus."


So.... I was grabbing Zeus's godly hand because I had never been on a plane before and was kind of afraid of heights.
"Um... Aclaeus. Are you afraid of heights?" He looked at me with a quizzical expression.
"Well, I have had some difficulties with the sky," I said through clenched teeth. "One of my highly suicidal friends decided to meet fall of a building right in front of me. Very traumatic." I closed my eyes. "I'm going to sleep."
Alas, sleep never came. 2 hours after my desicion to fall a sleep failed, HTe plane started to jerk.
My eyes flew open. "What's happening?"
"Oh, just some naiads saying hi to their father." Outside the window I could see the wind shaping into human forms, then dispersing. Zeus waved at them.
"There're so many of them I don't remember their names." He waved at one, causing many people to give us weird glances.
"Um... why don't you stop." He turned to look at me.
"No one tells the great god Zeus to stop." Now that got many people to question his sanity. "We are almost there!" he suddenly yelped.
I looked out the window. I was nothing except the giant mountain in the back. The peak a few feet under us.That couldn't be it! "Is that it," I asked Zeus.
"NO! You think to small." He pointed out the window. "That is the great Mount Olympus." Beside the plane was a giant mountain, the peak no where in sight.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

grbn on November 4, 2010, 5:01:01 AM

grbn on
grbni didn't thinl it would turn out good.

inuyasha1997 on November 3, 2010, 4:50:27 PM

inuyasha1997 on
inuyasha1997more more more its so awesome please oh please write more.i am your number 1 fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grbn on October 22, 2010, 7:25:22 AM

grbn on
grbnI hope its good.