Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

This is a story I wrote based on a character I asked imperfect-illusions to draw...GO LOOK AT THE PICTURE! ^.^ lol...It's basically about death's apprentice, its a short story!

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
When I heard what he said my heart stopped...I couldn't do it, I had promised myself no matter what that I would never stoop to his level. But I had already stooped to his level, I had killed just as he had, without ever meeting the people whose lives I had destroyed with one snip. One snip of the rusted scissors that I now held in my hands now, the scissors that looked like they had been through centuries of abuse and mistreatment. My hand shook as I pulled out the thread and I stared at it as my mind flashed back

I looked up from my files to see a man walk into my office. Around 5' 7", towering over my desk, his muscled arms at his sides as he stared at the dusty ground shuffling his feet waiting for me to acknowledge his presence. "Please sit down." I said motioning to the chair behind him. He sat down and had still yet to look me in the eyes, I raised an eyebrow at this but cleared my throat pushing my paperwork aside. "Mister Azaki, I have heard that you are very good at your line of work. My boss unfortunately doesn't have the time to interview his clients personally, so that is my job. How many years of experience have you had previously?" The man, Azaki looked at me straight in the eyes then and I let out a small gasp. His eyes were crimson red, almost black, I felt myself getting lost in his eyes and before I knew it he was speaking in a soft yet strong voice. "Ten years previously Miss Maiyr." I smiled softly, "Please call me Maiyr." "Alright Miss Mai...I mean Maiyr." He said looking up slightly as I softened my harsh gaze that I had given him. "When will you be able to start work?" "Today if it pleases you miss." I nodded, "Very good, I'll show you around."

I smiled at the memory and looked up toward Azaki once again, his crimson eyes boring into me. "Sir, I can't." I said looking at my boss, turning away from his entrancing eyes. "Of course you can Maiyr, you've done it many times before." "But this is different, I know him, I had never met the others." My boss grunted pulling the cigar out of his mouth. "If you value your own life as well as your mother's then you will end his life now." I shivered at his harsh voice and how uncaring he seemed. But he had to be, he was the Grim Reaper after all. I looked down at the silvery thread again, noticing how thin it seemed, how it could come undone at a simple breeze. Though it made sense, human life was easily ended, even by the rusted scissors that I had with me now. Azaki stepped toward me as placing his hand on my shoulder and I looked up tears threatening to come. He pulled me into a hug and I began to shake as sobs racked my body. He whispered in my ear "Do it, I've enjoyed my time here." "But I..." I said into his embroidered vest. He shook his head, "You must do this, please Mai." I nodded reluctantly and looked at the scissors in my hand. The scissors that had by some unseen force almost attached to me since I started this job. Then I looked at the thread, with it's various knots and twists and turns, the man's life I had to end in order to save my mother's and mine. As I drew the scissors closer I bit my bottom lip to stop the tears and then I cut, in one clean motion. My vision blurred and then became black as my body sunk to the ground, I had cut my own thread in order to save his. The last thing I saw before my eyes closed was his face full of shock and pain. I'm sorry Azaki, but I saw the potential in you to become a savior to many, my visions had finally come to me as predicted, and I am great full for them even as my heart stops and I take my final breath. Breathing the last mouthful of tainted air that had followed me throughout my life.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment