Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - chapter 1

A young 18 year old boy,Kinou, is isolated from everyone by a horrible disease.
He sneaks out in order to find his first love before it's to late.

Chapter 1 - chapter 1

Chapter 1 - chapter 1






The bright sunlight shone through the small window in the dim room. The soft white sheets on the bed moved as a pale head popped slowly out of the sheets. His hair was a light blue like sliver color. His eyes were light green.

The young man groaned, trying to pull himself up. He narrowed his eyes, looking through the open window. He covered his pale skin from the bright morning sun.

“Oohayo, I am Kinou Sagara. I am usually stuck in my bed by my ill heath. I haven't been to school in months. I have been in my bed for almost four months now.”

Kinou got out of bed and wobbled over to his slippers. After getting each slipper on he wobbled out and down the hallway. “Kinou! What are you doing out of bed! You know you were told by the doctor not to move!” A woman yelled, approaching the boy. He turned to see her wearing a long blue gown. “Mother…” Kinou replied slowly. The woman he called `mother' stopped in front of him and smacked him across the face.

Even with such a light hit he could feel the blood, rush up his throat. Kinou coughed, letting the blood drip from his lip. While still on the ground, covering his face, his mother grabbed his lose kimono and dragged him back to his room.


“Stay in there and don't come out! You have all you need in there!” She yelled and slammed the door in his face. The boy reached up and touched his red cheek. Tears dripped down his face as he just stood there.

Back in bed, Kinou looked over at the table clock. “3:07pm…” He read quietly then sighed. “My life is so dull. I can't even get out of bed.”

He laid his head back down then picked up a book from his bedside table. “Ichigo meets Momo. Story by Kinou Sagara, art by, Kokoro Higarashi.” He began to read through the story, his palm touching the delicate pictures. With that, his memory of his childhood came back.




“Hehe. Kokoro-chan! We should make a story! You art is so awesome, you can do all the pictures in it, I'll write it, okay?” A young boy who looked like a younger Kinou, said excitedly to a little black haired girl in a purple dress. The girl nodded shyly. “Yes. That would be fun. It could even make the stores.” She said, continuing Kinou's excitement.

The girl named Kokoro looked almost two years younger than Kinou and she had beautiful light purple eyes that shinned with happiness. The two hugged.



Yet another flash back came to him, one from his early high school years.

“Ko-chan…” He said placing his hand on her shoulder. He was 17 and Kokoro was 15, her first year in high school. Kinou was already in his 3rd year. The girl turned, her black hair flying, now with a red streak on one side. “Yes?” The boy looked down, not knowing what to say. “Kokoro…I promised I'd be here to help you with high school. It seems now…I have to break that promise. I'm sorry…” The girl stood quiet. “I have…cancer and…I won't be able to go to school anymore…” He continued, looking at his feet.

The girl began to cry. “Kinou…n-no…” She sobbed, running up to him and hugging tightly to him. Silent tears fell to the ground from the young man's face. “I'm sorry.”




Now a year later, he was still in bed, his cancer still very small but still a threat to his life. It drained almost every inch of his energy so he was usually only allowed to stay in bed.


He sat there looking through the pages of the book. “Kokoro-chan..” He said silently as a shining tear dripped down his face.

He remembered the time that they promised to be together as boyfriend and girlfriend, no matter what. But now in this state his family would not allow one visitor to see him, not even his own family.


He remembered that Kokoro would try to visit him everyday since the day he left, but after some time of always being rejected, she slowly began to come less and less, then not at all.


Kinou got up from bed, walked over to his mirror and looked into it. His face was pale white; his eyes had almost lost all color. He also noticed that his hair was getting quite thin and it would fall out, more and more. His eyes showed much sadness.

He groaned then walked to his window. Opening the curtains, he peered out. Such a lively world out there that he would never see. Kinou glanced back at the door to his room then outside the window and back. His heart raced. “This will be my only chance…” He said to himself and unlocked his window. Luckily he lived in a one level house and his window was close to a lump in the ground which made escaping much easier.


The boy never took off his lose kimono or slippers because he could barely have the energy to change.



The town was bigger than he had remembered it. People would stop and stare at him, wobbling down the streets. Some even mumbled things. His eyes hurt by the sunlight but he wouldn't turn back; not now.


Kinou had something set on his mind to do, but what?


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Furuba_Rei on April 10, 2006, 8:36:30 AM

Furuba_Rei on
Furuba_ReiMORE HIGE!! I"M TIRED OF WAITING!!! LOL just kidding.

Komi: HEY! LET ME READ IT!!!!
Rei: Komi, you can't read.
Komi: Right... Read it to me!
Rei: Fine.

Rei

Shadow_Wolf100 on January 5, 2006, 8:21:00 AM

Shadow_Wolf100 on
Shadow_Wolf100Hey!!! That is a really good story!!!I really liked it a lot!!!
I can't wait to read the rest!!! Keep it up!!!


Shadow_Wolf
=^_^=