Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

A young 18 year old boy,Kinou, is isolated from everyone by a horrible disease.
He sneaks out in order to find his first love before it's to late.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


Kinou stopped in front of a store, leaned down on a chair to sit down for a minute. He stopped and breathed heavily, covering his eyes. His heart beat quickly and every beat seemed as if knife was shot into his chest. Kinou placed his free hand on his chest, grabbing himself tightly.

“He-hello?” A woman's voice asked. Kinou looked up at her, squinting. The girl was wearing a white skirt with a dark blue sailor top. She had long black hair…AND A RED STREAK! Kinou's eyes widened as he stood up. The girl gasped. “What's wrong with you!?” She asked quickly, a bit freaked out. Kinou's mouth was opened, panting. “Ko-KOKORO!?” He almost shouted, some of the workers around the store stopped to stare.

The girl dropped her books and backed up with sweat forming on her face. “How-how did you know my name?!” She asked in a panic. Kinou's lightened face grew sad. “Don't you remember me? ...I'm Kinou Sagara.” The girls face turned to tears. “Y—you, what are you… why…” She cried. Kinou wobbled over to her and embraced her. “We made a promise. Do you remember?” He asked. Kokoro nodded her head, burring it into his chest. Those around witnessing this all fell into awe.

Kokoro looked up into Kinou's eyes and smiled. “Can you run?” She asked him, still gripping to his kimono. The boy shook his head. “No. I'll just black out.” He answered slowly. She smiled at his response.

“That's fine. You don't look to heavy.” Kokoro remarked as she picked the pale boy up and began to run. “Damn! You are light!” She shouted against the wind. Kinou didn't reply.

Kokoro stopped in a sakura park. “Remember this?” She said as she let him down. There was a beautiful pond with sakura trees surrounding it. Kinou's eyes widened and tears formed. “This is where I confessed my love to you.” He said softly, smiling. The girl knelt down next to him and wrapped her arms around him, closing her eyes. “I missed you so much.”

Kinou grabbed Kokoro's arm and pushed it towards him. Kokoro's expression changed. `His skin…It's so…cold.' She thought to herself. Kinou broke her out of her thoughts and pulled her on top of him. He was crying. “You-You were the one I wanted to see. All this time, I've only wanted to be with you!” He sobbed, tightening his grip. The girl didn't know how to reply but other than to hug him back. “Me too.” She whispered.

“You know what my childhood wish was?” He asked her. Kokoro became quiet, playing with his robe while thinking. “No, what was it?” She asked, looking up at his face. His white lips formed into a smile. “It was to marry you.” He replied. This shocked Kokoro very much and it showed on her face. The light green eyes traveled down to see her face. “I'm sorry. That was rude-” He started to apologize but was stopped by a soft peach finger pressed against his lips. Kokoro bent up and kissed his lips softly then looked into his eyes, showing much joy. “I do.”

Kinou stopped and stared up at her. “W-What?” He stammered. Kokoro sat up, looking up at the sakura above them. “I will live my live with you until the day you die.” She repeated in a simpler form. Kinou sat up, watching her gaze at the elegant tree. “But…You know that…I won't be around much longer…” He said in a saddened voice. She turned her head back down and looked at him. “As long as I can be there till the end.” She said sweetly.

The two sat there, catching up on old times till the time was getting obvious. “The sun is setting!” Kinou exclaimed as he jumped (almost falling back down) up. Kokoro stood up, catching him from falling. “But…What's the matter?” She asked then stopped. “You didn't sneak out…Not just to find me!?” She said, her voice rising more and more. The boy hung his head low in apology. “Forget about that!” She shouted as she, again, picked Kinou up and ran out of the park.

She stopped finally reaching Kinou's house. “Here. Should I sneak you in?” She asked. He shook his head. “No. It doesn't matter now. They will know.” He wobbled the front door with Kokoro following him.

Mrs. Sagara opened the door. “KINOU!” She shouted. She slapped him hard. “How could you? You're ILL!” She pulled him inside by his kimono but stopped. “Higarashi! How long have you been here?” She hissed. Kokoro's face darkened. “Long enough.” She said, letting herself in, and pushing Kinou's mother's hand away. She slowly led him to his room. Mrs. Sagara growled.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment