Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

A young 18 year old boy,Kinou, is isolated from everyone by a horrible disease.
He sneaks out in order to find his first love before it's to late.

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5


It was nighttime with one or two small lights on in the white hospital room. Kokoro was chased out by Mrs. Sagara. It was the loneliest time for Kinou now. The nurses and doctors wouldn't check back in with him till tomorrow and Kinou wasn't tired at all. All that he had to do was read “Ichigo meets Momo”. He sighed as he picked up the small paper-made book. Kinou smiled as he remembered that the two characters in the story were based on Kokoro and himself. His smile soon drooped down to a frown. “I wonder what she did to Kokoro after she dragged her out of here…?” He asked himself out loud.

“Who did what and you want to know what?” A male voice said at the door. Kinou looked up immediately looked toward the entrance of the room. “Hey.” The boy said as he shot Kinou a peace sign then walked to the extra bed in the room. The boy looked about 19, dark brown hair, yellow eyes, and about 5'4. He wore a hospital gown with a white shirt and blue jeans in his hands. “Who are you?” Kinou asked the boy. “Me? Oh, I'm Kaworu. Ochira Kaworu, but you can talk to me like a friend. I'm guessin' you're Kinou Sagara, right?” He said with a smile.

Kinou nodded. Kaworu smiled as he reached in the pocket of his pants. “Hmm. Nice to meet you, I'm your new roommate.” He explained and pulled out a cigarette. Kinou's eyes widened as he watched Kaworu stick the cigarette in his mouth and light it. “But-but-but…you're not allowed to smoke in a hospital.” Kinou stammered. The boy looked up. “Mmm? Oh, heh, I don't really listen to `rules'.” He explained with a chuckle as he flumped onto the bed. Kinou fell back onto the thin hospital pillow. Kaworu laughed. “So you don't want me? I can go ask for a different room if ya want.” He said with a smile. Kinou shook his head. “No. heh, you saved me from complete boredom.” Kaworu smiled. “Good `cause I was to lazy anyways.”

The next morning Kinou awoke with a nurse complaining very loudly. “Aww! See? You woke him up!” Kaworu whined. The nurse put her hands on her hip. “Don't try to get out of this. You know you're not allowed to have cigarettes in a hospital!” She demanded. Kaworu shrugged. “Hey, call it habit.” He said in a very lax tone. The nurse growled. “No wonder you had a massive heart attack! Don't ever let me catch you doing that again!” She said before stomping out.

“What happened?” Kinou asked. Kaworu laughed. “She found my stash and took it. Ah well, I'll buy more later.” He said as he laid his head back. Kinou almost fell over. He steadied himself out and sat next down to Kaworu. “Mmm?” Kaworu muttered in question. “You do know that smoking is bad for you… And you haven't told me why you're in the hospital.” Kinou said in a stern voice. Kaworu sat up, not looking Kinou in the eye. He raised his hand up to his face, as if to study it. “Heart attacks. I've been so reckless.” He started out with a soft laugh.

“I've had two so far. I guess I've given up all hope for life. You see, I was in a biker gang when I was 18. We didn't listen to anyone but ourselves. We'd rob shops and threaten others to respect us by guns. I've also smoked since I was 9.” Kinou sat quietly. `This is the first time I've seen him be serious since he arrived last night.' He thought to himself. “Are you planning on quitting?” Kinou asked. Kaworu let out a soft embarrassed laugh. “Ah, well that's the problem. It's always hard to quit, right?” He sighed.

Kaworu looked over to the window for a moment in the silence. He suddenly jerks back. “Hey! I've never heard your story!” He exclaimed as he rested his head on his hand. Kinou looked back. “Huh? You want to know about me?” He asked. Kaworu nodded with a big smile. “Alright… I'm 18, I have cancer… I use to go to Yakama High. I left there about a year ago. I would of 4th year there if I was still attending it. I just recently reunited with my best friend, the one I love the most…” Kinou said quietly as his pale face turned a light pink. Kaworu smiled. “That's great! Oh, if you're interested, I'm 23.” He explained. “Hey, that friend of yours got a name?” He asked. Kinou nodded. “Kokoro.” He said lightly with a smile. “Kokoro? That's a funny name, but whatever.” He laughed.”

“Sagara-san! You're not supposed to be moving around so much!” The nurse complained as she walked in the doorway. She had light blonde, wavy hair with glasses. Kinou bowed slightly and walked back to his bed. “Hey, Sisu, where's my meds? I haven't taken my 13:00 h. ones!” The nurse glared at him. “Ochira-san, we are not friends so do not call me by my first name!” Kaworu stuck his tongue out and laid back on his bed. The nurse, Sisu Rumoki, scurried around the room for the meds and placed them in front of Kaworu. Kaworu raised his arms in the air as if to say `yay' and gulped them down. Kinou sighed. “Oh, Sagara-san, you have a visitor.” Sisu added. “Mm? Who?” He asked. “Me.” Kokoro's voice floated in. Kinou turned to the door. “Kokoro!!!” He exclaimed as the nurse slipped out of the room. “Ehhh?” Kaworu exclaimed. “Who? Kokoro?” He asked as he got up. Kokoro cocked her head to one side. “Who are you?” Kaworu stopped in front of her and bowed. “Kaworu Ochira…and yourself?” She did the same. “Kokoro Higarashi.” She said with a smile, but it soon faded into a wide-mouth-stare. “Mmm…They seem real…” Kaworu said blankly as he poked at her chest. Both, Kokoro and Kinou blushed a deep pink. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING KAWORU!?” Kinou gaped. The boy turned from the stunned girl's chest to Kinou. “I thought you were talking about a guy…” He said, still rather plainly. “A WHAT?!” The two screamed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment