Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - chapter 8

A young 18 year old boy,Kinou, is isolated from everyone by a horrible disease.
He sneaks out in order to find his first love before it's to late.

Chapter 8 - chapter 8

Chapter 8 - chapter 8


“WHERE'S KAWORU-SAMA?!” A voice boomed as it awoke the pale boy from his short night's sleep. He didn't have much time to sleep for Kaworu had been `flirting', if you may, with the nurses most of the night. Kinou pulled himself up and looked over at the door. All he could see was light blond, long hair with what seemed to be a black shirt and jeans.

“Mizuka?” Kinou guessed out loud. The man pulled his head in, his eyes starting to water. He ran up to the bed and fell to his knees. “Kinou! Do you know where Kaworu is?!” Mizuka panicked. Kinou plainly shook his head as Mizuka pulled himself up and threw his hands up to his head dramatically. “Ahh! They won't tell me where he is!” He shouted.

Kinou couldn't help himself but feel bad for Mizuka, for his boyfriend was missing when he came and everyone refuses to tell him. He began to think about what it would be like to be in his place and franticly searching for Kokoro.

He decided to help Mizuka out because he was already familiar with him and it felt like he had known him for a longer time. He drew his sheets off and pulled himself to his feet. He took a step forward to comfort Mizuka who had thrown himself to the wall and was sulking. Then something cracked and Kinou fell over painfully. Kinou cried out as he hit the cold hospital floor and Mizuka swirled around to Kinou. He shouted for a nurse then looked back at Kinou. “Are you alright?!” He asked with widened eyes. Tears began to stream down Kinou's cheeks as he slowly pulled his knees to his chest. Mizuka shouted again before things turned dark.

“Uhgmm…” Kinou moaned as he awoke in his familiar bed with Mizuka towering over him. “Are you alright? They said you had a panic attack and you broke your toe.” Kinou pushed his hands against the bed, pulling himself up into a sitting position. Ignoring his question, he asked quietly, “Did you find Kaworu?” Mizuka was silent and his face drooped into a frown. “They said they took him in for surgery. He had a blood clot around his heart. He almost suffered another heart attack but they stopped it in time…” He explained quietly. “Now I won't act like I understand medicines and such so I won't but that's the best way I can describe it.”

“Kinou!” a voice said in the doorway, one that had not been heard for a few days. Kinou's eyes widened with surprise as he saw the woman in the doorway. “Mother!” He exclaimed, rather shocked. Mrs. Sagara ran to her son's side. “Are you alright? I rushed here from work when I got the call from the doctors.” Mizuka backed off quietly without Kinou's mother seeing him and slipped out the door. “Your father has come back from China.” She said with a smile. “Is he here?” Kinou asked his mother still watching the doorway. She nodded. “Once you left I stopped drinking so much and taking drugs… Well I have an occasional one but I am taking less!” She coaxed as she placed her hand on the boy's cheek. Kinou's eyes moved from the doorway to his mother. “Are you serious? You really are trying to stop?” He asked her in a serious yet surprised voice. The mother nodded embarrassedly. “Here, I'll go get your father.” She said getting up and leaving the room. After a few minutes later she came back in with a man of 5'5 or so, long grey hair with a sliver-like blue tint, like Kinou's, braded down to his lower back. Narrow eyes of a dark green showed through his shaggy bangs. He wore a black suit with a blue tie neatly done. The man looked just like a 47 year old Kinou. He bowed to his son. “Hello son, it is nice to see you. I have been reading that you have been sick. I was worried when I was in China. Are you doing well?” he asked. Kinou hadn't seen his father in three years and now he seemed to crawl back wanting to know everything about him?! Kinou was quiet. “Fine for someone with heart cancer…” Kinou said with a slight scowl, which his father ignored. “I read you have a roommate.” He said with a smile. “Do you like him?” Kinou continued to keep his eyes away from his father's loving eyes. “I guess… He's annoying though.” Kinou muttered. His father then frowned, losing confidence in his relationship with his son.

Mrs. Sagara purked up then, “So, why don't we do somethi---” suddenly a nurse popped in. “Oh, I'm sorry but,” she points to a clock. “It's already 17:45 hours. Visiting time is over. You can come back tomorrow.” She smiled then left.

Mrs. Sagara kissed Kinou on the forehead and went to the door. Mr. Sagara bowed yet again to his son. “I am sorry this day did not go so well.” He said in a quiet yet painful voice as he turned to his wife. “Come, Shinku.” She called her husband and left the room with Mr. Sagara following looking as if he were to cry.

Kinou awoke from his sleep and looked over at Kaworu's bed. It was still empty. Kinou caught himself feeling actually sad that his roommate was gone. It seemed much to quiet for him so he put on quiet music as he fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment