Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9

A young 18 year old boy,Kinou, is isolated from everyone by a horrible disease.
He sneaks out in order to find his first love before it's to late.

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9


The next morning Kinou awoke to the silence but to his surprise, Kaworu was there. Kinou jerked himself up to find Kaworu stuck with IVs, a heart monitor, and a cup over his nose and mouth to help him breathe. Kinou stared in horror as he watched the low heart rate pulse. A nurse was next to him to make sure nothing went wrong. She looked up at Kinou. “Sagara-san you should be…”

“What happened to him?” Kinou asked, cutting Nasaka off. She was quiet for a time then decided to reply. “He started to have another heart attack but we caught it before it did any harm. We had to do surgery to loosen the blood cot. He'll be fine, he just needs to rest and heal.” She explained and finally smiled. Kinou was quiet, watching Kaworu's steady breathing.

Nasaka stopped what she was doing and turned to Kinou who hadn't moved his eyes from the sleeping Kaworu. “Kinou…you should be getting some rest…” She said with a worried tone. Kinou didn't even hear her by his deep thoughts.

After a few minutes of silence Kinou spoke up. “Are you going to tell Mizuka?” Nasaka let out a confused `mm?' and looked at her sheet of visitors. “Mizuka….Mizu…ka…ah, here he is. Why should I tell him? He's not an Ochira or a relative of some sort…?” Kinou's eyes slowly turned from Kaworu's body to Nasaka. “Did you not see Mizuka last night? He was horrified. Mizuka…he…loves…Kaworu…Please, tell him, Nasaka-san. It'll just hurt him more if you don't.” Nasaka was quiet as she listened to Kinou and thought for a moment. “Alright…I suppose I could give mister Kadō a call.” She got up, holding her clipboard close to her chest, and walked to the door. “Press the red button on your bed if something happens while I'm gone.” She added before she disappeared.



It was about two or three hours later before lunch came. Nothing happened to Kaworu in that time. His heart beat slowly, yet steady. Lunch didn't taste as good as it usually did, not that hospital food is the best. Kokoro was up in Osaka with her classmates, so she couldn't visit. Kinou's family was too busy with working on his mother's issues, so they couldn't come.

Kinou decided to sleep for a while and see what would happen when he woke up. He didn't expect much though, especially with how this day was going. His sleep, despite the fact that it was full of nightmares, didn't last very long.

The pale boy pulled himself up more on the bed and glanced over at the clock. 18:00 hours. He sighed and looked over at Kaworu. He was still asleep, his heart rate, low, like normal. There was a sudden moan and it came from Kaworu, or so it would seem.

A blonde head appeared from the opposite side of the bed and yawned. He looked up at Kinou. “Ah, Kinou, I didn't mean to wake you.” Mizuka stammered. Kinou raised his hands to stop Mizuka and shook his head. “No. You didn't. The nurse called you?” He asked. Mizuka became quiet again. “Yes. I'm very worried. What they told me…It scares me. I…I don't know what I could do…if I lose him…” Mizuka replied, beginning to sob.

“Mizuka,” Kinou started. “I don't think Kaworu would want you to worry. He'll come to. Soon. Okay, so don't cry.” The teen coxed as he stumbled over to the floor next to Mizuka. Mizuka's eyes filled with tears as he threw himself at Kinou and began to sob loudly.

Days had passed with Kaworu not stirring, Mizuka sleeping on the couch in the hallway, and Kinou hardly getting any sleep by worrying so much. Kokoro still hadn't appeared and Mizuka was unwilling to check on her, in fear that Kaworu would wake up while he was gone. It was only what seemed to be a week later until Kaworu finally awoke.

Kaworu slowly opened his eyes as the world pierced through like a sharp needle. His eyes strained as he groaned. Mizuka's head popped in the doorway, hearing his love's voice. Mizuka, to excited to say anything, jumped on Kinou's bed to wake him up and ran over to Kaworu's bed, eyes wide with joy.

Kinou slowly awoke. “Huh?” He moaned. “He's awake!!! Kinou!! He's awake!” Mizuka exclaimed as he jammed down on the nurse button. Kinou's eyes flapped open and almost fell out of bed, trying to get out of it.

Kaworu looked to his side, seeing that he was watched and smiled weakly. “Kaworu.” Kinou said both surprised and happy. Mizuka hugged the lump in the blanket where Kaworu lay. “Mizuka…? Kinou…?” He asked quietly. The two nodded.

It was at that happy moment two nurses came barging in. “What is it…? Is that Ochira?” One asked as she saw the man awake. “Get back, Sagara, go to bed. You know you mustn't move!” The other reprimanded Kinou. He reluctantly walked back but a nurse pushed him to move faster. Mizuka ended up being pulled out of the room by security, crying. Kinou was drugged so he fell asleep.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment