Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10

A young 18 year old boy,Kinou, is isolated from everyone by a horrible disease.
He sneaks out in order to find his first love before it's to late.

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10


After a few weeks of the same thing, having all the medical people working on Kaworu and all, Mizuka came back when it started to slim down a little. Though, Kokoro still hadn't come back. Every passing day, I could do nothing. I think I had just about memorized Ichigo Meets Momo because it was the only book I had that I could read. Well, other than those boring `How to Clean Your House' or `Baby Care' magazines.

“Kinou-kun, are you okay?” A voice said in his head. “No, I'm fine, Kokoro-chan.” The boy smiled. “But you look so awful. You seem to get paler every day…” The younger Kokoro cried. There was a moment where the two were quiet, Kokoro staring deeply at the young Kinou, as if she was going to cry at any moment, Kinou, deep in thought. “I'll be alright…” The boy finally answered.

The very next day Kinou was called in sick and went to the hospital for a check-up. It seemed like one of the worst days ever in his life. They told him that it was final, that the test came in positive. He had cancer. That was when his mother began to change dramatically. She became harsh and cruel. She always was so sweet and kind, but now, it was almost impossible to see it like that. Mrs. Sagara also started taking drugs and drinking too much about a month after he was diagnosed. It was probably because of the stress taking care of such a sick child and she just didn't want to continue to watch him. Kinou's father wasn't around then, he was in China.

Kinou, like always, was snapped out of his thoughts by Mizuka entering. “Morning Kinou, How are you today?” He asked sweetly, stopping by Kinou's bed like he always did before Mizuka went to Kaworu's. “I'm doing okay… It's been really boring here. I don't have much to do.” He explained. Mizuka hugged Kinou's head with a smile. “Wish I could help. But the nurses here don't like it though.” He said, sticking out his tongue with a wink and walked over to Kaworu. He kissed his lover on the head and sat down in the chair next to the bed.

Kaworu opened his eyes slowly and smiled. “You came…” He said in a raspy voice. Mizuka's eyes watered up a bit. “Of course I did, love.” Kaworu rose up his hand to touch Mizuka's cheek but he caught it and hugged him. “Don't over do yourself, love.” Mizuka added, wiping away some hair in Kaworu's face.

Kinou watched the two and began to feel very lonely and hurt. The times he could use the phone, Kokoro hadn't answered. He began to get very worried with what had happened to her.

The two seemed to of felt the rain over on Kinou's side of the room because they both looked over at him. “Are you alright, Kinou?” Kaworu asked as loud as his voice could go. Kinou looked over at the two who both had worried expressions. “I'm just worried about Kokoro, that's all.” He answered truthfully. “Hey, if you want, I could stop by her house on the way home.” Mizuka added thoughtfully. “You'd do that?” Kinou asked, surprised slightly. It was probably due to the fact that he had never had any other friends than Kokoro and wasn't use to such offers. Mizuka nodded with a smile. “It's fine.” Kinou looked down at his hands. “But I have nothing to give in return.” He said quietly.

It was quiet for a moment as Mizuka and Kaworu looked at each other. Mizuka nodded and walked over to Kinou's bed and sat down next to him. “Kinou…why do you think you need to give me something? I would be happy to do something for you.” Mizuka said coaxed. Kinou began to cry and threw himself at Mizuka, clinging tightly to him as he cried. Mizuka comforted him with what he could by hugging his friend back.

It was close to that time where the nurses would come in and kick out all the visitors so Mizuka packed up what he needed, kissed Kaworu one last time and said his good-byes. It was a quiet night as Kinou was stuck in his thoughts of Kokoro and Kaworu had fallen asleep, due to his pills.

It was not only an hour that Mizuka showed up on Kokoro's doorstep. It was around 19 hours. He rung the door bell and a little boy with black hair and big purple-blue eyes opened the door. Mizuka smiled sweetly. “Little boy? Would your big sister be at home?” Continuing to stare at him, the little boy shouted, “KOKORO!” A few seconds later Kokoro came stomping down the stairs in her pajamas and walked over to her little brother. “Mizuka? What brings you here?” She asked, letting the boy run off. “May I come in?” He asked. Kokoro nodded and stepped aside. Once entering, taking off his coat and shoes, the girl led him to the empty living room and sat down.

“I'm here on a request. It would seem Kinou has gotten very lonely.” He replied finally. Kokoro's eyed dropped. “I'm sorry. Test just started a few weeks ago and I can't go anywhere. I'm usually stuck at a library or something…” Mizuka smiled. “I'm glad.” Kokoro looked up at him, confused. “What? Why?” The blonde winked at her. “I'm glad that it isn't that you don't love him. I think that would break his heart.” Kokoro looked down at the floor. “I never… meant to make it seem that way…” Without delay, Mizuka hugged Kokoro. “No. I don't think Kinou thought that for a minute.” Kokoro began to sob, clenching his shirt in her hand. The male stroked her hair with a smile.

Suddenly there was the sound of a plate falling to the ground and a scream which made the two twist around to see what it was. “Mother!” Kokoro squeaked. “Don't `mother' me! Who is he and what is he doing in the house?” She replied in shock. Mizuka stood up, held up his hand and said, “Ma'am, I don't go for girls and personally I already have someone.” It seemed to of token her mother some time to figure out what he meant by `not going for girls' because she stood there as Kokoro and Mizuka said goodnight and left.

“Mom?” Kokoro asked, poking her in the arm. Mrs. Higarashi turned to her with horror written on her face. “Is that man gay?” She finally added. Kokoro couldn't help herself but laugh.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment