Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

A young 18 year old boy,Kinou, is isolated from everyone by a horrible disease.
He sneaks out in order to find his first love before it's to late.

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11


KNA-CHAPTER 8

It was very dull in the hospital, like always, but this time Kaworu spent more time sleeping or off somewhere getting tests done. Kinou's life was becoming longer and more boring by the second. At this moment he was alone because some nurses and doctors had rolled Kaworu out only a few minutes ago.

“Hello?” a small and child-like voice appeared from the doorway. Kinou looked over at the door to a little boy with short light blue silver hair, like his own, wide pale blue eyes, and wore a white and green t-shirt and shorts. “Kinou?” He asked in the same quiet voice. Kinou nodded, still confused by the qualities of the child that reminded him so much of himself. The boy walked up to the bed and sat down next to him without a word. “Not to sound rude, I appreciate the company and everything…but I'm afraid I don't recognize you.” Kinou stammered for the right words. The child shook his head. “No. I don't think you would. I was always alone…I was told not to go anywhere near you. Mother told me to play in my room instead.” He said quietly. Kinou's eyes narrowed in confusion. “I'm sorry…I don't understand.” The boy sighed. “I'm saying I'm your brother.”

He said plainly. Kinou stared in silence, his eyes wide. “H-how old are you?!” Kinou asked abruptly. He held up his left hand and straightened out all his fingers. “Five? How would I not of known about you by then?!” He asked, not completely believing the boy. “Mama told me to stay away from you. I only did what I was told. I never really met Papa…” He said quietly, “till now. I wasn't supposed to meet you at all…Papa's the one who took me to see you. Mama would have flipped if she heard that this happened…” He continued explaining. Kinou though a moment then asked, “Papa's here?” The sibling nodded and pointed out the door. “He's in the lobby down the hallway.” He said. Kinou got up and pushed on his slippers. “Are you allowed to get up?” the youngster asked. Kinou nodded. “Every now and then.”



“What about your toe? I heard you broke it.” He added. “It's okay. I'll be fine…wait…What's your name anyways?” He finally asked. “Yuriko.” He replied. `That's kind of girlish….' Kinou thought to himself with a weird expression, which made Yuriko's face tighten. “Alright…Can you take me to Papa?” He asked. His little brother nodded and walked out the door with his brother trudging after him, wheeling the IV alone with him.

“Papa, big brother wants to see you…” Yuriko said as they entered the lobby. Kinou's father stood up immediately his mouth slightly open with surprise. Kinou's eyes gave him the same cold look like he had given him when he first saw him. Shinku walked over, his long braided hair flying slightly behind him. “Kinou, you shouldn't be out of bed in you condition.” He said in a sweet quiet tone. Kinou just looked up at him, his eyes narrow. He didn't know why he wanted to see his father so much, especially when he didn't feel like he could be nice to the man yet. “You sound like her…” He said in anger. “Her? Who is `her'?” His father asked. Yuriko backed off to the far side of the room, keeping away from the cold conversation. “That would be your wife!” He shot back, his voice raising. Shinku didn't even flinch when Kinou got up in his face. “Kinou, I think it would be best if we went to your room so we don't involve others in our own family issues…” He said quietly as he looked down at his son with his beautiful blue-green eyes. Kinou let his head drop and nodded, leading his father back to his room. It was better that Kaworu wasn't there because he wouldn't have been able to leave in his condition and the talk would probably make him feel uncomfortable.

“Why, Kinou?” Shinku started as Kinou pulled the covers over his stomach. “Why do you hate me so much?” He finished. Kinou shot a look at him. “It's because you left me with that woman for China, you haven't been there for me my whole life, and now you tell me I have a little brother!?” He snapped. Mr. Sagara's eyes pulled together to hold away the tears. “I-I had no choice. I was shipped there at a time where our money was low and we were desperate. Do you think I wanted to leave my children? You were so small and Yuriko was still an infant. I didn't want to leave, I really didn't. From the letters I was sent, they said nothing of Mokachi turning to drugs or treating you badly.” He paused, keeping his voice from cracking. “She told me everything when I arrived on Sunday. I was stunned and horrified, but I knew then that she was confessing that she had changed. My love for her hasn't changed. I-I don't want you to hate me…” Shinku began to sob. Kinou watched his father suffer his feelings with guilt. “Papa…stop. I understand now. Don't criticize yourself because of me.” Kinou said with shame, hiding his face in his pillow. Shinku saw that his son truly felt sorry, walked over to him, and wrapped his arm around the boy. “Kinou, I would do anything for you. Don't ever forget that I love you.” He said in a serious, yet loving tone.

“Should I come back later?” A male's voice asked from the doorway. “Mizuka.” Kinou stated. The adult smiled. “Yup, well I don't want to be interfering in a family matter so I'll just le-” He stopped when Shinku grabbed his hand. “No, you aren't interfering at all. Please do come in.” He offered, backing off from the grip.

Mizuka obeyed without heed and sat backwards in one of the chairs. “Mizuka Kadō. It's nice to meet you, sir.” He said politely, offering out his hand. “Shinku Sagara.” Kinou's father replied, taking the hand and shook it. Mizuka pulled his hand back and smacked him on the back in a friendly manner.

He stopped and stared at the older adult, who was sweating nervously, and then said, “Hey! You're Chinese-Japanese, aren't you?” Mizuka let off a wide smile. “My great-great grandpa was Chinese-Japanese. My mother was American.” He giggled. “That explains my blond hair.” He said, flipping it around. Kinou gazed up at Mizuka. “Wow. I never knew that. That's so cool!” the boy exclaimed. Shinku smiled, though he said nothing because Shinku is one of the more shy types that don't talk much around others they don't know well.

Mizuka then pulled out a few books and boxes from his bag, left by the door, that he brought in. “No matter how many times I come, I only see you with that little paper book! I felt bad so I decided to bring you some stuff to keep you busy. That's a puzzle, that's a book series that I personally love, uh, that there is a stress ball.” He explained as he pointed everything out.

Shinku felt rather out of place and felt bad for leaving Yuriko by himself. “Kinou, I need to go. Yuriko must be bored and wanting to go home…oh, please don't mention that I showed you him. She'll be very angry with me.” He said with a wink before disappearing.

“Strange father you have.” Mizuka said after a few long seconds of silence and hit Kinou on the back. “Oof!” Kinou coughed then shot a glare at Mizuka. Mizuka backed off, his hands up in surrender with a goofy grin.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment