Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Bella Swan's parents have arranged for her to marry Edward Cullen.She is being forced against her own will and moves to live with him.Will she be able to go through with the marriage?And more importantly, will she end up loving Edward?Set in 1921.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2
The Life I Live Now
Chapter 2

“Bella?” An angel's voice called my name. Was I dead? As my eyes fluttered open, I saw a man shaking me awake. I immediately jumped backwards, out of his arms. Where was I and who was this man that was awaking me? Then I remembered what had happened, I had fallen asleep in the coach with my...fiance, Edward.

“Sorry, you just startled me,” I explained.

“My apologies Bella, but we have arrived,” he said, getting out of the coach. He helped me get out as well. He was a complete gentleman.

As my feet touched the ground, I looked up and gasped as I saw the house we were in front of. It was so beautiful, and so....big! It was a huge white manor, with big glass windows. It was surrounded by trees, and was on a large piece of land. I was overwhelmed.

Suddenly I was knocked over by something soft, before I could fall an arm reached out to catch me. When I looked up I saw a tiny pixie-like girl standing in front of me, and Edward was holding me up. As soon as he saw that I was stable he let me go, I felt my face blush.

“Alice,” I heard Edward growl at the girl. She had short black hair and was tiny. She was absolutely gorgeous. She had a huge smile on her face and was jumping up and down excitedly.

“You must be Bella! I'm Alice, Edward's sister! I have been so excited to meet you and now you are finally here!” the girl babbled as I tried to understand what she was saying. “Come on, we need to start planning the wedding! I was thinking that we could do a traditional wedding with-”

“Alice, do you think Bella should meet the rest of the family before you scare her away,” Edward interrupted her. Alice pouted at her brother, begging for him to change his mind. He just looked away and started to lead me inside. “Sorry about Alice, she gets a bit overexcited. You will get used to it.”

I smiled up at him. “It's fine, it's sweet that she cares so much.”

I looked up as we walked inside the house, it was so big and open. He was watching my reaction to everything, smiling at my awe. Two people, who must be his parents, walked in, smiling at us.

“You must be Bella. It is so good to finally meet you. I am Carlisle Cullen, and this is my wife Esme.” the man said. I could see where Edward and Alice got their good looks from, they were all breathtakingly beautiful.

Carlisle looked so young, he had blonde hair and a perfect, pale complexion. He looked like most girl's dream man. Esme had a heart-shaped face and long caramel coloured hair. Her complexion was just as perfect as her husbands. They seemed very compassionate and welcoming.

I smiled at them, “It's a pleasure to meet you.”

“Where are Rosalie and Emmett?” Edward asked.

“They went into town to get some things, they should be back soon.” Esme replied.

“Would you like a tour of the house, Bella?” Edward asked politely.

“Okay” I murmured.

He led me through the house, showing me each room. There were three stories, my room was on the second story. As I opened the door, I let out a gasp of shock. It was incredibly beautiful, yet so simple. The walls were a cream colour and the floors were polished wood. There were windows along one of the walls, showing the amazing view of the surrounding forest.

There was a huge four-poster bed against one of the walls, and a dresser with a mirror above it. There was also a huge built-in closet, when I looked inside it I realised it was filled with clothes. I gasped and stepped back from the closet. I turned to look at Edward, a look of utter disbelief on my face.

“Alice,” Edward explained simply. I looked back at the closet wearily, how many clothes did she think I needed?

“Would you like to see my room?” Edward asked timidly.

“Sure,” I answered shyly, following him out of the door. He led me upstairs to the third story, there was only one door up there. He led me upstairs to the third story, there was only one door up there. As we walked into his room I was astonished. He had a huge four-poster bed with a gold coloured comforter set. On the opposite side of the room was a black couch, with gold cushions.

There was also an ensuite bathroom and a wardrobe on the same wall as the door. There were large windows on the wall opposite me, there was also a desk covered in books and music records. Beside the music records was a Victrola. I looked back at Edward, he was staring at me to see what I thought.

I smiled at him and he smiled his crooked smile at me. I looked up into his dazzling eyes, unable to look away. He stared back into mine, like he was trying to read something in them.

That is when I heard the door crash open. We were both startled by the sound, and turned around quickly. Alice was standing in the doorway. A devious smile spread across her face, as she started towards me.

“Come on, Bella! We need to start planning the wedding! Oh I'm so excited,” she trilled, while pulling me out the door. She was surprisingly strong for such a tiny girl. I looked back at Edward as I was dragged out of the room, he had an apologetic look on his face. That was when I knew that whatever Alice was going to do to me was not something that I would enjoy.

AN: Thanx so much to my betas Kate and Megan! You guys are amazingly helpful and I wouldn't have been able to write this without you guys! Also thanx to all the people who have read this story and have either reviewed, subscribed or favorited it, you are all awesome! Please review coz I love reviews lol!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

darkwolf333 on December 23, 2008, 6:01:13 AM

darkwolf333 on
darkwolf333awsome chapter, I like