Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The master isn't happy

The story of a girl who one night stops a boy from being beaten up and suddenly her world is spiralling out of control. Strange powers, talking werewolves and dragons, bad food and romance are all found within these pages.

Chapter 3 - The master isn't happy

Chapter 3 - The master isn't happy
River was in trouble, he knew it the moment he returned without the boy.

He also thought, that he would be rewarded for bringing information about the girl.

He waited in the lobby, studied his associates and wondered how an operation could have gone so wrong.

It was that girl’s fault.

Suddenly, he was called in.

There was a man sitting at a desk. Strong shouldered, grey-haired and blue eyed, he was the stuff perverted women and gay men dream of.

That was River’s father.

His name was Stone McKenny.

He was also River’s worst enemy. He worked for his father because he wanted to keep an eye on his father and because his father paid well, plus he was being blackmailed.

His father, who knew that River would stab him rather than save him, hired him because he wanted to keep an eye on his son and his son was a very good worker.

His father leaned forward.

“Master won’t be pleased. I am really disappointed. I promised master you would be a good apprentice, but you have been nothing of the sort. You won’t blood someone, you barely drink and now, you can’t even recapture a little boy who can’t use his powers yet!” he snarled.

River leaned in as well so that his nose was millimetres from his father’s.

“Well, first off I didn’t WANT to become a vampire. YOU attacked me when I was asleep.
Secondly, I didn’t want to be one of you, in case you don’t remember, YOU ARE BLACKMAILING ME and lastly, I wouldn’t have had to go and recapture the boy if YOU hadn’t let him escape in the first place!” River hissed.

Stone looked like he was about to punch his son’s lights out.

Then he shrugged.

“I’ll let the master teach you respect, that way I won’t have to” he said softly.

Then suddenly a soft feathery voice sounded.

“You would use me for your own ends, would you Newton McGregor?” it asked.

Stone turned brick red as he flung himself onto the polished floor, only his master used his human name to rebuke him.

“Master, I beg you, forgive me! I spoke foolishly!”

An old man stepped out of the shadows, a classic evil old guy.

He lifted his withered old lips in what could be called a smile.

“Yes, Newton, yes you did.”

Then quick as a flash, the old man drew a slender gun from his robe and fired once.

Stone shouted in pain as he crashed to the ground. His arm was bleeding and he was writhing in pain.

The old man, smiling benevolently, walked to Stone’s side, and then knelt down, with the gun pointing at Stone’s head.

Then he said cheerfully, “Newton I have heard that you have a head thick as a rock, hence your name, but believe me, this gun could shatter a diamond, had the bearer of the gun been foolish enough to want to, and though I would prefer to keep someone as powerful as you on our side, I will not hesitate to put this gun through your thick skull if you ever imply that I will do your dirty work for you.”

Then the master turned to River, who had jumped up upon hearing the master’s voice.

“Now River,” he said in the same chipper tone, as he turned the pistol on River, “We seem to be missing a guest. You were supposed to bring that guest, any particular reason why you didn’t?”

River was in a very precarious position.

He had to be polite, but get his point across BEFORE the master killed him.

“Master, with all due respect, there is a reason why I didn’t bring the boy back, a very good reason.”
Master raised an eyebrow.

“Well unless you have found another gifted one, I’ve probably heard it already.” He said drily.

River smiled secretively.

“Well that means I just got lucky, because while on our recovery mission, we found one such person.”

Then River paused.

“Maybe we should discuss this privately. I wouldn’t like certain persons to overhear and try to take this into their own hands to try and win your favour.” River said smoothly, while his father glared at him.

The master, did not care.

He nodded and ushered River away, River caught his father’s eye.

Then River smiled.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment