Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - And she's caught again

The story of a girl who one night stops a boy from being beaten up and suddenly her world is spiralling out of control. Strange powers, talking werewolves and dragons, bad food and romance are all found within these pages.

Chapter 7 - And she's caught again

Chapter 7 - And she's caught again
River was not happy. In fact, he was plain pissed off. He had faced perils some humans cannot begin to imagine. He had fought monsters that would have given a grown man nightmares, he had even laughed in the face of death, but never, NEVER had he encountered a being as annoying as her.

As he carried her up the stairs he debated whether or not he should attempt to reconcile with his girlfriend, then he decided against it.

He would have dumped her the next day after he had gotten what he had wanted and then found a new girl. As his sister said, “You choose them, use them, abuse them and lose them. Not necessarily in that order” she had added.

He snarled as he almost tripped then doubled his pace. He might not have a girl to have fun with tonight but he still had things to do.

Finally he got to the top floor. Then he walked down the corridor and knocked on the fourth door on the right.

The door slowly opened, and standing in the doorway was an adorable girl who looked about twelve, with rosy cheeks, big blue eyes, brandishing a rusty axe the size of her body.
When she saw who it was, she dropped the axe and screamed “River!” before throwing her arms around him in a big bear hug.

River smiled saying, “Hey Brooke,” and against his better judgement, hugged her back, forgetting he was still carrying Tracey, who fell on her head with a painful thwack.

River sighed wearily, then threw Tracey over his shoulder and carried her into Brooke’s room, then dumped her unceremoniously on the bed, and then he turned to Brooke.

“Look I’ve got stuff to do, so do me a favour; get her measured, into those old fashioned dresses, you know, the old English ones which made it a trial to walk in. Give her the corset, lace-y bits, the whole shebang. I don’t want her able to move more than an inch a minute on her own okay?” he rapped out briskly.

Brooke nodded and River sighed in relief.

But Brooke couldn’t resist adding, “That thing you were going to do, does it concern a certain balloon breasted girlfriend of yours?”

River rolled his eyes and began to walk away, but said nothing.
“Or maybe,” Brooke continued, thoroughly enjoying herself, “You’ve got a crush on her and can’t bear to do the deed yourself.”

River turned, then he raised a single eyebrow that clearly said, “That’s not true, shut up now.”

Brooke fell silent but gave him a smug look with an insufferable grin that replied, “Well if it’s not true, it shouldn’t bug you and if it doesn’t bug you I can still say it.”

Then River raised the other eyebrow as well as the other, saying, “Try me.”

Brooke still wore the insufferable smile, but she didn’t say anything.

She loved her brother, but despite what he thought about her, she was not dumb enough to provoke him at that moment in time and was sure that he would be in no humour to take it as a joke. She knew from past experience.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment