Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Now What??

The story of the young Rini Jenova and her childhood as Hojo's experiment.

Chapter 4 - Now What??

Chapter 4 - Now What??
Three Years Later:


The 18 year old experiment sat in her room all alone. She had not seen Dr. Hojo for a few days and had become extremely worried. She wondered if she had done something to upset him. For the past 18 years she had lived in this one room, only leaving to use the bathroom or to have tests run. She heard a strange noise at the door and stood up.

“Rini?” A deep voice rang out as the door opened and a tall figured stepped into the room.

She stepped backwards; in her entire life only three people had ever heard the name Rini being referred to her. She nodded. “Yes?”

The tall man came farther into the room and the light revealed his identity. Rini’s face lit up as she ran to the person. “Papa!!”

He stood firm as she wrapped her arms around him. “Get out of her, run…far away. I don’t know how long you will be safe but I will come find you when it is time.” He said pulling away from her and turning around.

“Huh? What do you mean?” She said as he walked away from her.

The tall man left the room dragging a long sword behind him. “Papa?” Rini called after him. He didn’t respond. He only walked farther and soon was gone out of her site. She looked at the open door. She had never left the room by herself and was frightened by her father’s words. He told her to leave. What was happening? She sat down on the edge of her cot thinking a moment. She had never been given a choice to leave. She was unsure of what to do or where to go. She just gazed at the open door as the hours past. Finally after a few hours she shook her head and stood up. It wouldn’t hurt to look around. As she walked out of the office she noticed a few people running down the hallway past her. They seemed to be in a hurry for something. She climbed into the elevator and pressed a button. She wasn’t sure where she was going.

Soon the doors opened revealing a seemingly empty hallway. She stepped out of the elevator and began walking down the long carpeted hall. As she turned a corner she saw someone sitting against the wall. A young man, dressed in a white suit with light blond hair sat on the floor in the hallway. His head was pressed against the wall and he was staring intently at the ceiling. As Rini came closer to him, she recognized him. He was the president’s son. He turned quickly hearing Rini in the hallway with him.

“What are you doing out?” He said quickly getting to his feet.

“I….I…Papa…opened the door and told me to leave.” She said looking up at him unsure of what to say.

Rufus took a deep breath and looked the girl over. She was very tiny and fragile looking wearing a pair of black pants and a tight white sleeveless top. Her hair was shoulder length and had a glittery ribbon hanging from a single braid. He shook his head. “You shouldn’t be here…”

She looked up at him confused. The young boy looked as if he had been crying or something. She walked a little closer to him. “Is…everything ok?” She said looking at him with concern.

He looked into her eyes not really sure what to think about her. He had seen her from time to time, over the years. He knew who she was…and what she was. He sighed, he knew Hojo had never told her who her father was and why she was an experiment. She probably never even asked him why, she didn’t seem the type to really wonder why she existed. He turned around and laid his head on the wall. “You need to leave here. Get as far away as you can.” He turned looking at her. He began walking down the hall then turned to her. “Well, are you coming or are you just going to stand there like and idiot?”

Rini watched him then jumped a little when he yelled at her. “Uhh…yeah?” She said following him.

They walked down to the end of the hallway where a large metal door stood. Rufus reached in his pocket and pulled out a card. He quickly swiped the card through a tiny device beside the door and then opened the door. “Go…don’t look back, just go before I change my mind.”

Rini nodded to the boy and walked out of the door. “Goodbye Mr. Shinra…” She said quickly turning around looking at him.

“I said don’t look back.” He shook his head and slammed the door in her face.

Three Years after that:

After three years of wandering the world aimlessly Rini found the link to her past that she needed. She had made her way back to Midgar, where she was born and raised. Many things had happened over those past years…she had seen many news casts. She even watched the passing of her own father on television. It scared her to think that so many people hated him, he was evil. He had become a monster. She was always told she asked too many questions, but it didn’t matter…she needed to know the truth. She looked at the city, now practically in ruins. All because of one man, her very own father. She knew the truth now, she knew what she was. But why Rufus Shinra let her go, she would never know. She remembered a news broadcast about his death as well. She found a small ally way and walked down it. Sitting down on the ground she put her head in her hands and cried. The first time in her life she ever felt truly alone. She never had anyone, never had any friends, nothing…so she thought. But now she knew that what she did have…she never would again.

**21 years ago, there was a young Angel named Julia who had come to Midgar. She was a beautiful woman, not really an angel…but they called her that because of her intense beauty. She was alone and unhappy until she met a young scientist who she fell in love with. He was strange and cared more about his science projects than a woman. During this time there was a man named Sephiroth. He was created by the Shinra company through genetic tampering. Doctor Hojo decided he wanted to make a science project to last a life time, taking his young girlfriend and the DNA from the creation named Sephiroth he created a new life. Nine months later young Julia gave birth to a girl; Julia could not hold on though. Her body couldn’t take the childbirth and she died that very afternoon. Doctor Hojo was left to take care of the young child himself. He named her Rini Jenova…she was indeed part of the massive Jenova project. He allowed Sephiroth to know about being the father of this child, hoping the young SOLDIER would have been able to help take care of her. Hojo was proved wrong; Sephiroth was much too busy to take care of a young girl. President Shinra spoke with the young man and told him he would house, and take care of the young girl as long as they were allowed to use her blood to help create new warriors. Sephiroth knew his daughter would be safe with Shinra. After all, the president did say he would treat Rini as if she was his own daughter. Sephiroth agreed to the deal and left, not seeing his daughter again for most of her life.

Things didn’t go the way Sephiroth had planned; President Shinra went straight to Hojo and put him in charge of the young girl, never even meeting the young one until she was 14 years old. Hojo took charge of the girl, each and everyday she began to look more and more like her mother, Julia. Hojo had a hard time looking at her as just an experiment; there were times when he resented telling Sephiroth that she was his child. Hojo was more her father than anyone, he spent every free moment with the child. The years indeed past by quickly and Rini grew up and matured into a young beautiful girl.**

Rini stood up looking around the ally where she had come into. She turned around looking back at the city and seeing two young men, one with bright red hair, the other bald, walk past her. She nodded a little to them then looked into the sky. Here she was, back home…with nothing…
Now what?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

HoneyPossum on July 30, 2005, 3:34:37 PM

HoneyPossum on
HoneyPossumWow!!! I TOTALLY didn't see that coming! I was betting on Dr. Gast or Hojo as her real father!! MAN! That was written really well. I definitely enjoyed reading that. And I like the potential for a sequel!

You're an excellent writer. Hopefully I'll get around to reading your other work soon!

PS - Sorry for the flood of comments. This just rocked so MUCH! Definitely a great piece of work!!