Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Doom Arrives

What will happen when a new (revenge-crazy) girl comes to Zim's Skool? Will Dib convince her that Zim's an alien? What will happen to the kids that annoy her? And what happens when Zim has a new plan involving her? Read and find out! UPDATED-2/4/06

Chapter 1 - The Doom Arrives

Chapter 1 - The Doom Arrives
(After rereading this, I have decided that the first chapters do not show Mez’s real personality. Dun Dun DUN!! Sooooo… If ya wanna see Mez’s originality, I suggest the you read chapters three and four. I just wanted to point that out!)Today was the day. Today she was going to start over. She had moved from town to town because of her “issues”. Her name…was Mez. She looked at the rundown school, this was where she was going to start. Mez had taken anger management classes and they were finally going to pay off. She was finally going to fit in. Mez thought as she entered the school, or “skool” as it was named.Mez had long, dirty-blonde hair. She was wearing a plain white T-shirt, and blue jeans. She had wanted to wear her black shirt that said “I Hate you” in red ink, but she wanted to make a good first impression. As she entered the filthy classroom the children immediately stopped talking and watched her as she took her seat. “Don’t lose control… They probably saw me in the paper or something.” Mez thought. Her thoughts were interrupted however by a kid shouting “FREAK!”. “That’s it!” Mez said as she readied herself to pounce on the kid, as she had done so many times before.Before she could attack, she noticed that no one was looking at her any more. Mez followed their gazes to the front of the classroom. There was a huge shadow in front of the chalkboard, when Mez looked closer she realized the shadow was the teacher. A name card on the teacher’s desk read “Ms. Bitters”. “Class, today’s lesson is about volcanoes, and how they will all eventually erupt at the same time, destroying all life.” Ms. Bitters announced.Mez was glad that the teacher forgot to introduce her. She was normally shy, when not provoked. Mez had a few simple “qualities”: She did not like being touched, she also would attack anyone that called her names or provoked her. This was why she moved so frequently.At the end of class she waited at a lunch table for someone to approach her, she wanted to make at least one friend. She scanned the lunchroom, occasionally kids would point at her but she didn’t mind. Mez would take care of them soon enough. Besides that, no one even glanced at her.Mez decided not to eat the cafeteria food. It looked unsafe… She looked up from the food and noticed two kids from opposite ends of the room, staring at her. One “kid” had green skin and was staring at her wide eyed. The other kid had spiky, black, hair and was looking at her curiously.The spiky haired kid was the first to approach her. “Hi, my name’s Dib.” he introduced. Mez realized he wasn’t going to leave when he sat next to her. “My name is Mez.” she said shyly. Mez wasn’t used to so much social interaction, usually she would attack the person talking to her. “Do you believe in aliens?” Dib asked suddenly. “Yes…” Mez replied, taken aback by the random question. “Why?” Mez asked hesitantly. “There is an alien in our class that’s trying to conquer Earth!!” Dib exclaimed. “Do you mean the green kid?” Mez asked with no interest. “Yes! His name is Zim and he’s Irken!” Dib excitedly replied, not noticing Mez’s tone of voice.Dib chattered about Zim for the rest of the lunch period. Mez listened to most of it, but only because she had nothing better to do. When the bell finally rang, Dib kept talking to her as they walked back to class. Even though she didn’t believe Dib, Mez was curious as to why Zim had green skin, no ears, and no nose. She knew that no skin condition could do that to a person.Mez was driven back to reality when the bell rang. For the last hour of class she had been deep in thought. As she made her way outside, her curiosity finally won. She decided to follow Zim home. Being the revenge-hungry person she was, she had a lot of experience. Mez skillfully, and stealthily stalked Zim to his “house”. “That has got to be the freakiest house I’ve ever seen.” Mez thought, as she gazed at the green and purple house Zim was entering.Mez hid in a tree until it was evening, “Alright, time to go to work.” she muttered to herself as she jumped down. Quickly and quietly she made her way to the nearest window. Unfortunately, Zim wasn’t in that room “I guess I’ll have go in.” Mez sighed. With agility similar to a cat, Mez climbed onto the roof. She dislodged three shingles, and squeezed into the hole, putting the shingles back as she climbed into the attic.When Mez’s eyes adjusted to the darkness, she looked at her surroundings. The attic was completely empty, nothing at all was in the room, not even a door! “What?!” Mez exclaimed in frustration. “How can an attic be empty!?” she screamed in her head. Even though Mez was upset, she still kept quiet. Mez glanced up at the ceiling, it was too far up to get out the way she came in. Having no other choice, she scoured the room for any means of escape… But to no avail.In a rage Mez kicked the floor. “AM I GOING TO BE STUCK IN THIS ACURSED ATTIC UNTIL I STARVE?!?!” she screamed out. Almost magically the section of floor she was standing on started to lower down into the living room. Thankfulness soon turned into embarrassment, as Mez realized she had just blown her cover. “Crap.” Mez cursed as she was placed on the living room floor. Immediately she fell into a defensive stance when she noticed someone standing in the doorway leading to the kitchen. “Well, well, well. If it isn’t the new Earth-Monkey from Skool.” the figure said, as though he was expecting Mez. “I have a name ya know!” Mez replied irritated. “You humans have such short tempers.” the figure stated amused. Mez was about to retort when a small robot ran up to her. There was an awkward silence, until the robot started singing. ‘Doom, doom, doom, do, doom, doom, DOOM!” the robot sang in a high pitched voice. “GIR! I thought I told you to stay in the lab!” the figure shouted at the robot. The robot or Gir as it was called, stopped singing and looked at the figure. “I thought so toooooooo…” Gir replied while cocking his head. Mez stifled a laugh while watching the two argue.“Gir, just wait for me in the lab!” The figure ordered. “But master, The Scary Monkey Show is gonna be on soon.” Gir stated pleadingly. Mez could barely contain her laughter at this point. “Gir! I am your master! And you will obey me!” The figure commanded. Gir looked longingly at the television, “But Zim…” Gir started to object. “OBEY MEEEE!” The figure shouted. Gir glanced at the t.v. once more, before walking into the kitchen. “Wait a minute!” Mez suddenly exclaimed. She recalled what name Gir had called the figure. “Zim?!” She asked shocked. The figure marched out of the shadows to reveal himself to be Zim. He had blood red eyes, antenna, and an evil smirk on his face…

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dragon_ally on September 12, 2005, 9:13:49 AM

dragon_ally on
dragon_allyI LOVE YOUR STORY!!! WRITE MORE!!!!!