Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Suprise

After the Tallest tell ZiM that he's just a joke, he is determined to end their amusement-and his life. But Dib, stubborn little big-headed Dib, stops him and convinces the Irken to go and pay the Tallest a little visit...

Chapter 2 - Suprise

Chapter 2 - Suprise
Dib woke to find a plate of waffles in front of his face, and an extremely bored Irken sitting nearby, munching on a waffle and grimacing. He poked them hesitantly, half-expecting them to attack him. But nothing happened.
"They're not poisoned, unlike others that Gir has made."
The human looked towards Zim, who had a half-eaten waffle in his hand. "Huh?"
Zim's antennae twitched agitatedly, and Dib quickly decided to start eating the waffles. They weren't the greatest waffles he'd ever eaten, and there was way too much syrup on top, but at least they were edible.
"Do humans normally sleep for sixteen Earth hours?"
Dib shrugged. "I usually only sleep for ten, but it's not unheard of." He looked at the Irken suspiciously. "Why would you care?"
Zim sneered, "Irkens do not sleep, and you will hold us back if you sleep for so long."
"Us?" The human child was thoroughly suspicious by now.
The rubies narrowed. "You suggested we taken down the Armada, and so that is what we're doing. And besides, where better to start than the Armada's homeplanet?"
Dib nodded, understanding the reasoning, as well as why Zim had brought him. So, he's not enslaving me... yet. But who knows what awaits us on his planet? I don't look anything like he does, and they'll spot me immediately...
"You will need something to occupy your time, correct?"
The large-headed kid shrugged, unable to know what to make of Zim's... less aggressive behavior.
"Well, hurry up, Dibstink. We've got only one Earth day until we arrive at our first stop."
Dib raised an eyebrow. "First stop?"
"We'll be stopping at planet Miiro to get a few things," Zim replied nonchallantly.
The human nodded. "I want to know more about your race. Do they all look like you, Tak, and your leaders?"
"Yes. How about you humans- are you all the same?"
"No... every human is different somehow. What organs do you have?"
Zim smirked. "Quite a few less than you, and they're quite a bit different. Irkens all have a brain, a heart, a squeedly-spooch, and a fourth, which has no known use. Our PAKs could also be considered organs."
"PAKs?"
The Irken narrowed his eyes. "You stole mine, once before. If I hadn't stopped you, you would've been destroyed by it."
"Ohh... I still remember that. What was your question about humans, then?"
---
Time passed, both enemies trading facts about their respective races, though Zim was careful not to reveal any weaknesses. By the time they stopped, four hours later, both had gotten bored and were running out of questions.
"Is there any way to go faster?" Dib asked, staring at one wall of the ship.
Zim smirked. "Why do you think I'm stopping on Miiro? Some of the best ships in the galaxy were designed by Miirans, or built with Miiran parts. I should have enough monies to buy a hyperspace drive for both ships."
"What do Miirans look like?"
"They're usually about the height of the TAllest, and look a bit like you humans. They have blue skin and webbed hands and feet, though they're adept at both mechanics and swimming. Unfortunately, despite the fact that they're all amphibious, they can only survive so long out of the water."
"So, this... hyper drive. How long will it take to get to your homeplanet in Earth time?" Dib asked curiously.
"From Miiro, about five of your days. A very short time compared to going without it."
---
As the ship touched down on the landing pad, Dib stared outside the Cruiser in awe. For as far as the eye could see, there was light purple water. No wonder Zim seemed so uncomfortable. The moment the canopy opened, the large-headed human jumped out and watched as Gir landed Tak's ship. Zim followed suit slowly, shuddering slightly. While the robot climbed out, a tall blue creature jumped out of the water and onto the landing pad. Judging by the rings in its long, pointed ears and its sleek silver hair, Dib guessed that it was female. She walked over to them and stared at the human suspiciously before smiling at Zim. She spoke in a strange language, which, to Dib, sounded like gurgles and murmurs. Zim replied in the same language before telling the kid, "She said, 'It is nice to see you again. What are you looking for?'"
Dib nodded, as the Miiran female dug a small box out of a pocket in her slim dress. SHe then spoke into it and replaced it.
"She was summoning another Miiran to bring the hyperspace drives," the Irken explained, as she headed back for the water. "Because they can only survive so long out of water, they take turns dealing with customers."
Moments later, another Miiran appeared, much like the other, but taller and more masculine. This one held two small plates, which he then handed to Zim. The Irken handed him several gold coins and thanked the Miiran in its native tongue, before returning to the ships.
As Dib followed, Zim tossed one plate to him. "See if you can install that in Tak's ship."
The human raised his eyebrows at the Irken, who had disappeared into the cockpit of the Voot Cruiser, before heading into Tak's ship. As he searched around, looking for someplace he could try to install it, Dib heard a familiar voice say something in a weird language that he had heard Zim use once before. Then it repeated itself in English.
"Who are you, and why do you have my ship?"
Dib poked his head out of the ship, and looked at where the voice had come from. A purple-eyed Irken stood there, arms crossed and one foot tapping the ground. Taken aback, he stuttered, "T-Tak?"
She recognized him after several moments, and her eyes widened. "You!" she exclaimed, fury burning in her eyes.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RodrMattA on December 5, 2008, 3:00:16 PM

RodrMattA on
RodrMattANot sure bringing Tak back was the best idea, but we'll see where this goes... :3