Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Old Friends

After the Tallest tell ZiM that he's just a joke, he is determined to end their amusement-and his life. But Dib, stubborn little big-headed Dib, stops him and convinces the Irken to go and pay the Tallest a little visit...

Chapter 3 - Old Friends

Chapter 3 - Old Friends
Zim climbed out of the Cruiser, first noting that Dib was staring at the back of Tak's ship. Then he spotted Tak herself, standing between the ships with a furious expression. He stalked over and hissed, "What are you doing here?"
Glaring at him, she retorted sarcastically, "Having a party."
As Dib began walking over cautiously, Zim smirked. "Then where are the balloons?"
Tak clenched her firsts as she replied, "You moron, stranded Irkens don't throw parties!"
"Stranded?" Dib had finally reached the other two. "Doesn't that mean that you can't leave?"
"How stupid can you get? Of course stranded means that I can't leave!"
Zim's mouth curved into a sneer as he said, "If you're just going to get in the way, then back off. We've got things to do."
She smirked. "And why should I do that? It's my ship, so hand it over."
"I beat you in combat, therefore all objects surrendered belong to me. Unless you've forgotten the Code?" the ruby-eyed Irken replied.
Tak grinned- an unnerving sight. "No Irken can forget the Code, because it's programmed into our PAKs. So then, fine, you win this time." Then she fully realized who she was talking to, and her grin faded into a snarl. "But you're supposed to be invading Earth, not bringing humans on tours around the galaxy."
Dib, indignant, spoke up, "I'm not going on a tour around the galaxy!"
Zim smirked. "And, apparently, I'm not invading Earth."
"So, you've finally figured out that your mission is a lie, have you?" she sneered. "Took you long enough."
Dib sighed impatiently and said, "If you're just going to talk, then have Tak join our expedition and let's go."
Always the impatient one, Zim thought irritably. Aloud, he growled, "Like the earthmonkey said, we've got places to go. If you're incapable of hitiching a ride off the planet, Tak, then that's too bad." He turned to Dib and roughly grabbed the hyper drive out of the human's hands. The Irken stalked over to Tak's ship and climbed in to install it.
Dib looked to the female and said, "If you want to come, Tak, feel free."
She laughed and responded, "Ride in a ship with Zim? You have got to be kidding, Dib. Not even you could convince me to."
He narrowed his eyes. "If you hate Zim so much, ride with Gir in your ship."
She snorted, on the edge of more laughter. "His insane 'bot is just as stupid, though... with MiMi's influence, he shouldn't be too annoying."
The makings of a smile formed on Dib's face as he answered, "Where exactly is MiMi? Gaz said that Gir nearly destroyed her."
Her expression darkened. "He did." As a communication device extended from her PAK, she barked into it, "MiMi, come over to Landing Pad Three."
Dib looked around curiously, and spotted a gray-black shape appearing from another landing pad. The SIR didn't look much different, but was slightly taller and looked much worse for wear.
Suddenly, Zim reappeared. Seeing MiMi, he scowled at Tak. "I'm not here to fight you, Tak. I've got an Armada to take down."
A shocked expression covered her face. "I don't think I ever realized you were stupid enough to try and bring down the Irken Empire." Then her expression was replaced by a grin. "I'll be coming along. I'm taking my ship, though."
The Irken male narrowed his eyes, his accusing gaze focused on Dib. Then he abruptly turned around and siletly returned to his Cruiser. Dib shrugged and followed, as Tak climbed into her ship.
---
"How much longer?"
Zim gritted his zipper-like teeth and snarled, "We left Miiro's atmosphere only five freaking minutes ago. Shut your noise tube and be quiet."
Dib refused to be silenced and repeated himself.
"Five days at the most. Now shut your noise tube, before I do it myself."
The human smirked, as a voice emitted from the screen that was previously showing Tak's hand.
"Five days with the hyper drives could bring us to Irk's system. Is that-"
Zim cut her off, "Yes, we're headed for Irk."
The hand reappeared on the screen and the sound of Gir squealing began. Dib rolled his eyes and muttered, "At least Gir's not sitting on my head."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment