Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Annoying and the Annoyed

After the Tallest tell ZiM that he's just a joke, he is determined to end their amusement-and his life. But Dib, stubborn little big-headed Dib, stops him and convinces the Irken to go and pay the Tallest a little visit...

Chapter 4 - The Annoying and the Annoyed

Chapter 4 - The Annoying and the Annoyed
Two days passed in the same fashion. Dib would continually pester Zim with questions to the point that Zim would threaten to throw him into space. Tak would keep screeching at Gir to get off her head, and Zim would try to ignore everything. But, eventually, Tak lost her patience.
Fury clear in her voice, the Irken female yelled, "ZIM! Get your filthy robot out of my ship!"
He snickered. "Would you rather have Dib pestering you nonstop?"
In reply, she snarled, "In the name of Irk, get your 'bot OFF MY SHIP!"
He shrugged and turned to look at Dib. "Saying as you don't have a PAK, you'll have to hold your breath while you cross over."
Dib stared at Zim in shock. "Cross over?! I can't fly in space!"
The Irken smirked. "You don't have to. Now get moving."
As the ceiling opened, Dib grabbed the blankets he'd been using and pulled himself out of the Cruiser. The human spotted Tak's ship instantly- it was right beside Zim's. Quickly, Dib climbed across, careful not to lose hold of the ships. Entering, he spotted MiMi sitting in the back, Tak up front, and Gir on Tak's head. He walked over and pulled Gir away from the Irken female. "Hey," he said, "go join Zim in his ship."
"Okay!" Gir squealed, before jumping up and leaving the ship.
The ship was silent for a moment, until Tak sighed with relief. "Finally, that little menace is gone."
Glancing at MiMi, Dib spotted what looked like the SIR's interpretation of a smile on its face. He turned back towards the front of the ship, and observed the vast emptiness that is space.
---
"Why did you join Zim and me?"
Tak leaned back in her seat, propping her feet up on the control panel. "Did I ever tell you why I came to Earth, intent on taking Zim's mission?"
Dib shook his head. "No."
"To cut a long story short, I was on the Irken military training planet, Devastis. As I was about to take the final test to become an Invader, Zim used a Maimbot to get a snack out of a vending machine. He blew out the power on half the planet, and my door was blocked by debris. The Control Brains refused to let me take the final test once I got out, and I was sent to planet Dirt. I built a ship and robot out of scrap parts there, and left to hunt Zim down. It wasn't hard, mostly because the Tallest began broadcasting his reports all over the galaxy. You know what happened after that, apart from the fact that my escape pod landed on Miiro."
He nodded. Grinning, Dib replied, "It's still a long story."
She glared at him. "Be quiet, Dib."
He raised an eyebrow.
"What do you want?" she asked resignedly.
Dib grinned wickedly and answered, "Admit it."
"Admit what?"
"Admit that you still like me."
Tak fell off her seat, and, getting back up, asked incredulously, "Like?! That's a human thing! Irkens are devoid of any emotions save for anger, hate, and pride."
He smirked, as they both heard a faint snicker coming from the screen with Zim on it. "Zim seems to have a pretty wide range of emotions, and so do you."
She bit her lip and said, "So I picked up a bit more than I thought from you humans. Big deal."
"So you like me."
"Perhaps. Now SHUT YOUR NOISE TUBE!"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RodrMattA on December 5, 2008, 3:06:56 PM

RodrMattA on
RodrMattADo I sense a romance sub-plot? XP

Also, nice knowledge of Zim-lore there :P