Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The forest

I thought of this while doing a roleplay in furcy! Anyway I write at a grade 10 grade level but I'm in grade seven... comments? Questions?

Chapter 1 - The forest

Chapter 1 - The forest
Darkness. An element that tears upon one’s soul. It beats the heart to a lifeless pulp. Even the bravest fear wandering into a darkened woods alone, the slightest noise causing sweat to escape the pores and drip down the skin. This one forest knew darkness well, for its long dead branches intertwined with each other to create a wall that blocked all sun. Soon a second element rose; fear. The thousands of seldom used dirt trails created an intricate maze through the forest’s depths. The underbrush was nothing but lichen and some small ferns each tinted the dullest of green and brown. Strange creatures lived within the bush; vampires, werewolves, giant serpents, you name it and it lived there.

Something else was making its way down the overgrown path. Her hair was tinted the colour of sand, yet it was caked in mud and dirt. Her slim boy was clothed in the strangest of materials formed into an emerald green cloak, also splattered with muddy water. Her legs were very thin and bony, her skin of the palest ivory. Only her cheeks held the faintest hint of colour. Her eyes were huge spheres, pools of lost emotions. These were painted emerald and appeared to glow.

‘Why did I agree to do this? Stupid dragons…’ She spat onto the ground irritably and glared at the feline beside her. The cat asked. His voice echoed within her head and sounded masculine as it was. His coat was of ebony with the exception of the two perfect white angel wings upon his chest. His wings were almost invisible as the blended in with his pelt. His eyes were of amber. Orbs cut from the stone and shaped perfectly so the shone out with such emotion in could almost light the path. “Nothing…” The girl mumbled.

The cat nodded enthusiastically as he spoke telepathically to Nimius and she nodded. Silence was the only noise upon the forest, broken occasionally by the frightening screech of a crow or the rustle of a rat under foot. It was impossible to tell night from day.

She sighed as the cat continued to mumble something. She was trying her best to ignore him. For Scetescaro, or Scete, was always mumbling on about what was sensible. Finally as though breaking through a wall of courage, tears began to stream down Nimius’s face. The washed dirt from her pale face and made an ivory-tinted streak upon her cheek bone. “Oh Scete, I’m so afraid! Why must the damn egg be in here?” She began to sob uncontrollably and she reached up to dry her pale face with her sleeve only to smear mud across her lips. It tasted bitter and earthy and Nimius soon spat it out.

Scete sighed and continued walking in silence. For the girl’s sake he wasn’t flying like she should be and his wings were beginning to cramp from the absence of work. The girl gazed blankly at the cat and finally nodded her petite cranium sadly. She didn’t want to be alone… alone in the darkness.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment