Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Beyond the moonlight

Based on real people in my life, this story is imaginative, creative, and a bit gory too!

Chapter 1 - Beyond the moonlight

Chapter 1 - Beyond the moonlight
Chapter 1 – Beyond the moonlight

Outside, the full moon shimmered over the deserted village as a mysterious girl wandered aimlessly around. She adjusted her maroon neck scarf to cover her button nose as a cold dusty wind blew violently down the street. The wind caught the brim of her hat and forced it into the air. The white feather upon the hat absorbed the moonlight, giving the feather a gentle glow. She stuck out her hand, piercing the wind as she grabbed her hat and repositioned it upon her ink black, curly hair. She spun round to face an abandoned shack to see a shadowy figure appear. Black and purple smoke rose from the bottom of the figure as it stepped forward to greet her.
She unsheathed the long sword placed on her back and swung it in front of her. The figure raised its hand. Though it did not speak, she felt as though she didn’t need to threaten it. She put away the long sword, folded her arms and waited. The cloaked figure finally spoke.
“I called you here for a reason.”
“What reason is that?”
“To make a deal.”
The girl put her hand to her scarf-covered chin and thought.
“What will I get in return?”
The figure raised its arm, palm facing downwards at first, then slowly turning it over, revealing a ruby-like gemstone. The Girls eyes lit up with disbelief. She stared, fascinated by the utmost desire presented in one single gem. She secretly smiled.
“Tell me what you want doing then,” she said, breaking the silence.
“Well,” they paused a moment, clasping his hand, making the gem disappear into purple and black smoke. “We need you to do a few little errands for us...”
She nodded, her maroon eyes catching the moonlight, momentarily glinting. Her long black gunner coat wafted as the wind died down to a refreshing breeze. The sky began to lighten as the two figures stood motionless. As the sun peered over the sandy horizon, the cloaked figure finally spoke.
“Until we meet again...”
The girl nodded as the figure disappeared into thin air, leaving a faint trail of black and purple smoke to drift off.
She looked towards the sunrise in the distance, thinking deeply. She had no idea where to start this mission. Her phone vibrated in her pocket, scaring her momentarily. She grabbed it, pressed a few buttons and pressed it to her ear. A few seconds later she pressed a few more buttons, ended the call and put the phone back in her pocket and walked to her transport parked outside an abandoned bar. She hoisted herself onto the seat, flicked the ignition switch, put it into the correct gear and sped of into the sunrise.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment