Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - As cold as ice

Based on real people in my life, this story is imaginative, creative, and a bit gory too!

Chapter 3 - As cold as ice

Chapter 3 - As cold as ice
Chapter 3 – As cold as ice.

Kevin and Jamie appeared in the middle of a desert, but this was no ordinary desert. The sky was overruled by dark black clouds. The sand wasn’t the typical sand at a coastal beach. Instead it was a purple with large burnt tree stumps occasionally planted in the strange surface. Kevin watched a diamond-back snake slither under a large black rock nearby.
“Welcome to my world Kevin.” The Genie turned to face Kevin. Kevin looked at him and said, “Is this what Chaos Crew 619 have done?”
Jamie nodded and screamed at a sudden flash in the clouds. Kevin looked up. It was a thunderstorm, with no rain. Another flash lit up the sky and Jamie screamed again and hid underneath Kevin’s legs. Kevin looked down and laughed at him and moved so he was vulnerable to the lightning again. He helped him up.
“There’s nothing to be afraid of Jamie,” Kevin reassured him.
“Oh yea?” squealed Jamie, “Then what’s that then?” Jamie pointed to a large animal running towards them. As it drew nearer, Kevin could see a large version of a motor bike just in front of it. The monster was 12 feet high with large horns running down the middle of its head. Its yellow eyes reminded him of an oozing liquid; the sickly purple colour which covered the rest of its body seemed to blend in with the sand beneath it. The horns were black and occasionally sparking with static electricity, trying to shock the bike. Its large feet pounded the sand, sending strong vibrations through the ground as it approached them.
The bike seemed far ahead of the creature, yet it was catching up. Kevin could see a figure on the bike, occasionally looking back to check if the monster had gone. As the bike drew closer to him and Jamie, it slowed down and stopped just where they stood. The girl sat on the bike looked at them.
“Get on.”
“But we don’t know...”
“JUST GET ON IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!”
Jamie and Kevin launched themselves on the back end of the bike and she flicked a few switches and set off again. Kevin and Jamie looked at each other, then back at the monster now less than quarter of a mile behind them. Kevin poked the girl.
“I think were in trouble...”
The girl glanced back then quickly switched the bike to automatic. She turned back to Kevin and Jamie and quickly and sharply spoke. “Keep control of the bike, I wont be long.” Kevin looked at her and nodded. He looked at her long enough to see beneath the hat at her eyes. They were a brilliant red, as clear as scarlet flames. But he couldn’t see her full face as a maroon scarf covered the bottom half, from her nose downwards. She jumped into a crouched position on her seat.
“When I say go, you grab the handles. Got it?”
Kevin nodded.
“GO!” As he lunged forward to grab the handles of the machine, she jumped up backwards. She unsheathed a sword from her back as she back-flipped in midair and landed on the monsters back. The monster ceased chasing them and thrashed around crazily. It bucked a few times, trying to throw the girl of its back. As she landed, she stuck the sword down the middle of its back, penetrating the spinal cord. The monster lifted its head up and howled with pain. At the same time, she released a thin cord from around her waist and swung it round its neck; she clipped it back to her belt and pulled it tight, strangling it. The monster now distressed and angry tried everything to get her off, even whacking its long spindly tail on its back, hoping to hit her. She jumped twice to avoid it and pulled out her sword. The third time it struck she slashed it to pieces, light blue blood spurting everywhere. With one last howl the beast fell to the floor, spraying dust and sand into the air.
The bike suddenly skidded to a stop and Kevin and Jamie watched it fall to the ground. She ran down the middle of its head, releasing the cord from round its neck then front flipped back onto the sand. She put the sword back on her back and walked towards the gobsmacked boys on the bike. Once she arrived, Kevin asked, “How the hell did you do that?”
She didn’t even turn round to reply. She took a deep breath said, “Years of training and practice. You’ll probably get used to it. So where you headed?”
Jamie looked at Kevin and shrugged. “Well, were heading towards the Snowy Mountains...”
She turned around to look at them. She momentarily looked at Jamie but stared at Kevin for a long time.
‘There’s something about him...’ she thought whilst staring into his blue eyes. She looked further down, first the t shirt, then jeans, then his shoes. She turned back round and flicked another switch which turned the bike back to manual. She revved the bike and said “You two don’t look like heroes.”
“Oh yea!? ” spoke Kevin who was now slightly angry at her stubbornness.
She turned back around and spoke cheekily. “Yea!”
“Alright then, bring it on!”
Jamie started to panic at the fact that he didn’t have a weapon and he was going to die in a matter of seconds. She flicked a switch and pressed a button and the bike shut down. She got off the bike and walked away fro them. She turned around and signalled for Kevin to get off. He got off the bike and stood in front of her.
“You’re a feisty devil aren’t you?”
“Maybe I am, what’s it to you?”
They looked at each other for a moment and the girl quietly laughed.
“What? What’s so funny? I can take you on any day!”
“I bet you could.” She removed her coat to reveal a strappy red vest-like top and a pair of black trousers, with red converse for shoes. She unsheathed the sword on her back and held it in front of her. Kevin looked at her curvaceous figure and wish he had never said anything now.
“Aw the guys a wimp, I can tell by his eyes. He wouldn’t hurt a ‘bad’ girl like me. Heck I bet he couldn’t hurt a god damn fly!”
“STOP IT!” shouted Kevin at the top of his voice. The sound echoed in the deserted landscape as she stood there watching him. His left hand glowed a bright yellow whilst his eyes burned red with rage. He clenched his hand and a strange object appeared. He swung the object in front of him to get rid of the bright light. She stepped back a few steps as he grabbed the sword with both hands and looked at her. Astonished, she put the sword back on her back and folded her arms. Jamie sat there on the bike smiling. ‘Has he finally remembered who he is?’
Well, the hero has returned then...” She uncovered her mouth and smiled.
“Yes I have...”
“Wait till my lord hears about this...”
“You mean Fenrir? He’s long gone.”
She looked at Jamie, now standing up beside Kevin. “So the hero I knew did die in the desert...”
“What is that meant to mean?!”
She picked up her coat, and swept it round her and disappeared. Kevin turned round to look at her back on her bike. She started it up and paused for a moment to look at them.
“The mountains are that way. You will see Sandy Village if you walk that way for 30 minutes. They will supply you for the trip ahead.”
“Hang on, one minute you hate me, the next minute your helping me, who are you?”
“Let’s just say I’m helping an old friend.”
“But I have never seen you around here.”
“All in due time, hero...” She sped off into the horizon and Jamie and Kevin stood there.
“She’s as cold as ice, she is!” moaned Jamie but Kevin was thinking about what she had said.
‘Let’s just say, I’m helping an old friend...’

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment