Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Princess and the... Snowman?

Based on real people in my life, this story is imaginative, creative, and a bit gory too!

Chapter 6 - The Princess and the... Snowman?

Chapter 6 - The Princess and the... Snowman?
Chapter 6 - The princess and the... snowman?

Kevin and Jamie trudged through the deep snow. Above them, the sun shone brightly however it wasn't enough to melt the snow. Steeper and steeper they climbed until they reached a small valley between two mountains. An eagle flew over their heads as they descended into the valley, the rocks now showing underneath the blanket of snow. The town was based round a large lake, created by nearby mountain springs. As they got closer, the white palace glinted with sunlight which made the town seem brighter.

“Sunburst City.” Jamie said, smiling. Kevin nodded. “I’m so glad you remember everything now…”
Kevin looked at him, “But I still don’t know who that girl is, but I recognise her.”
Jamie shrugged. “I guess it will come to you in due time.”

The streets were paved with concrete, each building built with dark grey stone. Many people walking down the streets or cycling. No other method of transport was used. ‘I guess an eco-friendly city’ Kevin thought watching a couple of school kids playing with little dolls. He noticed one of them was a miniature version of him. The kids looked up at him and their mouth opened with amazement, the youngest of the kids holding the doll up to compare them. Kevin smiled and waved then continued walking. The kids laughed and smiled back.
10 minutes later they reached the palace gates. The gardens bloomed with lilies and daisies as they walked down the path to the main door. The palace guards opened them and bowed as they walked into the throne room. A white girl sat on a beautifully decorated chair at the end of a light blue carpet. She was sat with a miniature snowman, playfully wagging her finger in front of it as it tried to attempt to grab it. She smiled every time it caught it and gently chewed it. She kept doing it until the it got tired, then she picked it up and placed it on her head where it curled up and fell asleep. She looked at Kevin and Jamie, and stood up. They bowed at her but she ran down to them and signalled to get up.

“Why should you bow to me when I should bow to you?”
“Well you are a princess, your majesty.”
She laughed. “No need.” She touched Kevin’s chin and lifted his head up. She smiled at first then stopped and said, “You’ve lost your powers…”
“He has your grace.” Jamie nodded furiously, “You told me he wouldn’t be this bad.”
She let go of him and he stood up. She walked back to her chair and grabbed her crystal sceptre and raised it above his head.
“Stay still Kevin,” She calmly said, waving the sceptre, sprinkling a fine dust over his head. Jamie’s jaw dropped as Kevin’s body began to glow white. The princess clicked her fingers and the white glow disappeared and replacing the old jeans and t shirt was a white and chocolate coloured armour. Kevin smiled at the princess and bowed his head. She smiled back and said, “As strong as titanium, but as light as aluminium. This will protect you for the battle ahead.”
“Speaking of battles,” continued Kevin, now flexing his muscles to get used to the armour, “What has exactly happened?”

She sighed. “Well, after you were transported back to your world, Chaos Crew 619 helped to recover Fenrir. Fenrir has been plotting his revenge ever since, thing is, we don’t know what it is yet. He could be summoning another Ifrit for all we know, but we think he’s been training new recruits and giving them special powers.”
Kevin thought for a moment and said, “Well that explains the girl with the red eyes...”
The princesses eyes lit up. “No, no it doesn’t.”
Kevin looked at her oddly.
“She’s just doing Fenrir’s dirty work. In fact, she is a rare gemstone collector. She will do anything as long as she gets paid.” She lowered her head at the thought. Snuffles began to wake up and he looked at Kevin and Jamie with his little beady eyes. He jumped off her head onto her shoulder, then her hand, then the floor and shuffled over to his little bell toy given to him when he was created. He sat their happily jingling when the princess continued.
“I have sent many brave warriors to find out what they are doing however none of them have returned. Even though they have taken over most of the world apart from here and Sandy Village, I doubt that my army is strong enough to hold them back forever. That’s why I asked Jamie to send for you.”

The jingling suddenly stopped as Kevin, Jamie and the Princess looked at where the marshmallow snowman had been. “Snuffles?” She called out but no squeak of a reply. She ran over towards the little bell on the floor and looked round to see if she could see a glimpse of its red scarf. Behind them, footsteps echoed round the room as a girl ran out of front door. “Freeze!” Kevin bellowed but she looked back towards him and he instantly recognised her by the red eyes. As she turned back round he noticed a white blob on the girls hat, playing with the feather, happily squeaking. It was Snuffles. He ran after her, amazed at the speed and lightness of his new armour. She ran through the lilies, her speed gently wafting the lilies as she went passed through the palace gates. He began to catch up to her as she ran through the city to the entrance. As she reached the entrance she tripped over a loose rock and landed on her stomach. The snowman was sent flying into a patch of wildflowers, squeaking at the soft landing. The girl cursed under her breath and turned round onto her back. Kevin held his sword to her throat so she didn’t move. He looked at her with a disappointed look in his eyes. She looked up at him, breathing heavily whilst tilting her head back to give her a little extra distance between her neck and the sharp blade. He noticed the scarf wasn’t covering her face. She had a radiant face,' He thought,'but why did she hide it under the scarf?'

“Where’s the Snowman?” He said with a stern voice. She attempted to nod at the wildflowers. Kevin glanced at it, happily trying to catch a bee. He looked back at her but she didn’t look the same. Is eyes became out of focus and he saw the same girl in nothing but black lace, lying on a bed. She was breathing heavily gently tempting him by stroking down her body. Kevin quickly shook his head and blinked. 'An old memory, a flashback?' He relaxed the sword from the girls neck and walked over to the snowman and picked him up. It hiccuped and a small bee flew out of its little mouth. He turned back round to her but she had run off. He couldn’t stop thinking about the flashback. He knew it had happened, he remember it happening, but he never got the girls name. He looked at Snuffles and tickled its stomach with his little finger. It squeaked with laughter and he smiled as he walked back into the city with him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment