Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - The End

A KakaAnko fanfic.

Chapter 23 - The End

Chapter 23 - The End
****OMAKE KU****
*bonus #9

Kakashi sat in his living room listening to his radio. Sakura had been able to heal his leg pretty well, but she still recommended that he stay home until it fully healed, which he didnt like because the tree hadnt been that tall. Still, he figured it was better to stay in the house for a couple of days instead of in the hospital with a leg that would take even longer to heal.
Soon the song on the radio changed.

Youre way too beautiful, girl,

thats why itll never wor-

He quickly changed it.

You can leave it in a box,

I dont care, just drop it off-



Ksssshh



Yeah, Im so sick of love songs-



Ksssssshhhhh



You got me suicidal-



AARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH! he yelled in frustration, proceeding to beat the life out of the radio and throw it out the second story window, not bothering to look where it landed. Then he heard a knock on the front door. Grumbling under his breath, he wobbled over on his crutches to open it. Standing there was Gai, holding the radio that now looked like it had been run over by a sixteen-wheeler.
Isnt this the radio I gave you for your birthday? he inquired, raising an eyebrow.
Kakashi sighed. He didnt remember anything Gai gave him for his birthday, due to the fact that he usually shoved it in the attic and no one was to hear from it ever again.
Kakashi made a somewhat guttural Frankenstein noise and walked back into his living room. Since he wasnt exactly turned away, Gai walked in and shut the door behind him. As Kakashi plopped down on the couch and rested his crutches beside him, Gai asked, Is there something wrong?
No, Kakashi said tiredly, which to Gai of course meant something was wrong.
You miss her, dont you?
Maybe.
Yeah you do.
I said maybe.
I heard that suicidal song playing when you threw it out the window.
Dammit, now its stuck in my head! Thanks a lot!
Youre welcome.
Kakashi glared at Gai. Fine, Ill get going. See ya. Gai walked toward the door, waiting for Kakashi to possibly call him back. When he didnt, Gai opened the door and left.



___________________________________________________




Sakura watched Anko happily chew on her precious dango. It had been a full week since the... incident... happened, and Anko seemed to be doing fine. The other kunoichi were getting worried that she was going to stay like this for, well, they didnt know how long. After weighing the consequences silently in her mind, Sakura walked up to Ankos side, the latter not noticing her at all.
Hey, Sakura, Anko said without looking up from her feast. Okay, so she could have been a little more inconspicuous.
Hi, Anko-san. Uh, I was just wondering, are you still hanging out with Kakashi-sensei?
Yeah.
Like, as friends, or...
Bingo.
Sakura was silent, but Anko didnt seem to care. Finally Sakura couldnt take it anymore and blurted out, Aw, come on! Whyd you break up with him?
Anko was shocked enough to stare at Sakura for a few seconds, then finished up her dango. As she wiped her hands, she nonchalantly commented, Sakura, were just taking some time off.
But what if you dont get back together?
Anko shrugged.
Anko, Sakura sounded desperate, Why are you acting like this?
Anko looked down. I guess Im not cut out to be in a real relationship.
Silence. Anko looked up and saw Sakuras mouth hanging open.
Sakura started up again in a low voice. Who told you that?
Anko was quiet.
Who told you that? Sakura repeated. If it was Jiraiya, or Tsunade, or,...!!! Naruto! Ill kill him if he told you...
Kabuto.
A long pause. Who?
Anko repeated the dreaded name that seemed to hang in the air for an impossibly long amount of time.
Sakura continued to gawk. Then she lost it.
How could you not have told anybody that?!? You know that were searching all over Konoha for him! He was right there! You could have done something! And why didnt you report this to Tsunade?! Anko, you are...
Shut up.
A startled silence. Anger stirred up inside Sakura. Afraid she might tear the whole dango house down, Sakura walked out into the street. She couldnt believe Anko didnt tell anybody this crucial information. How she was keeping to herself, how she was...
Believing Kabuto. Letting him take control of how she chose to fell in love, or loving at all. Didnt she see that she wasnt Orochimarus student anymore? She could make her own decisions.
But she was playing right into his hands. For what reason Sakura had no idea. But she needed to help-or possibly stop- Anko.
Before it was too late.
For Anko.

And Konoha.



______________________________________________________




No crutches. No limp. Kakashi was fine now. Unfortunately, no one could see him as he walked along the deserted streets of Hidden Leaf. Ah, well; it felt so good to be using his legs again.
Then he heard a rustle. Figuring it was just the wind and trees, he walked around a corner.
Only to see two black cloaks with red clouds.


______________________________________________________


Itachi and Kisame.
Kakashi glared at them, though it did him little good. Im not letting you near Naruto, he said in what he hoped was a menacing tone.
Kisame grabbed his sword, but was stopped short by Itachi. Raising his hand, he gave the signal for Kisame to hold fire. Kisame. We are not here to cause a distraction. Itachi paused and contemplated.
Kill him quickly.
As Kisame grinned, he pulled the incredibly hefty sword from its hilt and steadied it in front of himself, ready to attack.
Kakashi struck first. He came at Kisame while lifting his headband, revealing his Sharingan.
Too slow. Kisame knocked Kakashi out of the way with Samehada, and Kakashi could feel half of his chakra already being drained. Kakashi crashed into the brick wall behind him. Kisame cringed at the sound. He now knew that even though his partner didnt show it, Itachi was furious at him for creating a loud noise that someone couldve heard.
Kakashi fell to the ground. There was no point fighting. He was going to die here and now.
Exactly what Itachi was thinking. Taking matters into his own hands, in a flash he was holding Kakashi up by his throat. Gasping for air, Kakashi flailed around wildly, trying to get a shot at Itachi.
Let him go. All three shinobi turned to the voice.
That came from a certain purple-haired kunoichi.


_____________________________________


Anko narrowed her eyes at the Uchiha that was strangling Kakashi. She started running at him, avoiding Kisames sword.
Itachi knocked her away. Are you here to save this? he asked gesturing toward the half-conscious Kakashi.
Are you proud to be associated with this? This worthless... He started to bang Kakashis head against the wall, Anko flinching every time.
Bang

Little...
Bang

Piece...
Bang

Of crap?
Anko, furious now, ran at Itachi again, and was knocked away once more.
Hidden Leaf has grown more pathetic than I thought. He threw Kakashi away like a piece of trash, letting him slide on the dirt. Anko struggled to lift herself up and move, but she felt something hard come down on her back. She screamed as Samehada started draining what little energy she had left. As she looked up, she could see Itachi kicking the defenseless Kakashi in the stomach, back, and chest.
That should keep them quiet for awhile. Kisame, lets go. The rogue ninja vanished.
Anko crawled over to Kakashi. She sat up straight and put his head in her lap. His eyes stared off into space as she asked him, Kakashi, can you hear me?
Nothing.
Can you hear me?
Nn...
...Come on, lets get you to the hospital. She started to get up, but exhaustion overtook her and she fell on her back, Kakashis head still on her torso, and all they could do was sit there.
And wait-- hope-- for someone to find them.



________________________________________



Anko woke up in darkness. Remembering where she was, she shook herself to wake Kakashi up. She didnt feel anything. Fearing the worst, she looked at her waist and found the silver haired ninja was gone. Catching her second wind, she immediately sat straight up and looked around. She was still in the same alleyway; if he had woken up, he would have taken her with him, wouldnt he? Ankos heart started racing. All of a sudden, someone appeared in front of her. It was Shizune.
Oh, good, youre awake, she said. Anko started to stand when Genma appeared. Dont get up, he commanded. Anko gave him a look that said Where is he?

Hospital. Same as you, soon. Sit down! he barked. Anko collapsed, and was then transported by Shizune and Genma.


________________________________________


Gai looked at the jonin sharing the room. He asked Tsunade standing right next to him, Will they be up eventually?
Broken ribs, zero chakra, punctured lungs and other organs, concussions. I dont think theyll be hopping around anytime soon.
...
He was going easy on them.
.........will they live?
It was Tsunades turn to stay silent.
The color drained from Gais face. Their chests were moving, but just barely. And Gai also knew that if only one of them didnt make it, the other would be a wreck. The situation was like a double-edged sword.
Cant you do anything? he asked the pigtailed blonde.
I can try, but no guarantees.
Gai left the room. He wasnt about to cry right there; no, he saved moments like that for Lee, and Lee only.
Tsunades head pounded with thoughts. Now she had to send out watch parties for Kabumaru and Itachi. If she didnt, Hidden Leaf would fall in a single day. If she did, she was risking the lives of innocent ninja; ninja that had friends and family that cared for them so very much.
And then there were these two. Two of Konohas strongest- no, possibly the strongest- shinobi, on the brink of taking a permanent vacation to the hereafter. Come on, what would Sarutobi sensei do? she asked herself. The problem was, she could see him having the exact same amount of difficulty she was having.
Tsunade cursed while leaving the room, turning off the lights on the jonin.


______________________________________________


When Gai looked up he saw Anko standing at a corner of the hallway. Eyes as wide as saucers, he went over to ask what in the world she was doing when he noticed Tsunade was talking to her. Tsunades eyes questioning his reason for being there, he immediately bowed and said, Oh, forgive me, Godaime-sama.
Tsunade waved her hand in dismissal. At that moment Anko turned around.
Whatever Tsunade had told her wasnt good news; it had made Anko cry. As she sniffled and looked at Gai with red eyes, he asked, Anko? What are you doing out of bed?
She managed to smile a little and replied, You think a little beating like that can keep me down?
Tsunade nodded in agreement. It seems I over-estimated the damage.
Gai lit up. So hows Kakashi?
At the sound of the name, both kunoichi looked down, Anko starting to breathe heavily and fight back tears. This was not good.
Whatever Itachi did, it didnt exactly help; hell be out for I dont know how long.
How was this bad news? Every shinobi had to stay in the hospital for an extended amount of time every once in a while. Unless...
Tsu-tsu-?
Tsukooyomi.(sp?) Tsunade finished the sentence for Gai, who cringed at the name of the technique.
And we dont know whether hell be fine physically or mentally. Or even at all.
That did it; Anko was sobbing now. Gai hesitated to put his arm around her. If these were Kakashis last few hours (or minutes), Gai didnt think hed want to be the last one to touch his girlfriend, ex or not.
I-its all my-my f-fault, Anko continued to cry. Tsunade walked away; she didnt handle comforting well.
No its not, Anko-san! Hes been through this before, hell survive! I know it! Gai yelled, being shushed by one of the passing nurses. Sorry, he whispered meekly.
T-thank you, Anko said shakily, brushing a loose strand of hair from her face. The she vanished in a puff of smoke.

___________________________________________________



HOW COULD YOU?!?! Gai and Kurenai answered sharply, not caring that they were yelling at the Hokage.
Ive made up my mind.
But hes still weak!
Hell be killed!
ENOUGH! Tsunade screamed. The three of them were in her office. Tsunade had discussed with them that she was sending out a group of ninja to find Sasuke and bring them back, consisting mainly of teams 7, 8 and 10*. And her decision to force Kakashi on the mission was the cause of this disagreement (a MAJOR understatement).
If he gets out soon enough, hell have no choice.
But thats not fair!
Wholl even the score with me when hes gone? Gai asked, receiving a chakra-packed punch from Kurenai in the shoulder. As he fell to his knees in pain, Kurenai continued to talk. You cant send him out like that. Hell be dead in less than an hour!
Thats a risk well have to take. Tsunade said with a final tone as she shooed them out of her office.

__________________________________________________

I know what youre thinking. @#$! YOU, TSUNADE!
Relax, keep reading.

____________________________________________________



Anko visited Kakashi every day, even if she had to sneak in after visiting hours were over. She was surprised he hadnt become afraid of the hospital (or had he?) Occasionally, she would place a small kiss on his forehead before she left, hoping that there werent cameras in the room.
But when she came back for the sixth time, she saw Gai was already there. At that moment Gai told her the plans Tsunade had for Kakashi.
As Ankos eyes grew wide, she tried to scream, but no sound came out. When she tried again, all that came out was, Why?
Gai shook his head, as if to say, I wish I knew myself.
At that moment, Anko didnt care; she leaned over and softly kissed Kakashi on his forehead again, feeling Gais hand on her shoulder.



____________________________________________________



The next day Anko came back to the room to find Kakashi awake, sitting with his arms hanging over his knees. Both startled for a second, Anko ran at him and threw her arms around him, causing him to breathe in sharply at the pain.
Oh no! Im sorry! Im sorry! Im sorry!.. she apologized quickly. No, really, its okay, Kakashi tried to console her.
Anko, he started with that tone. The tone that meant either:
A.) A guy was breaking up with you, or
B.) There was other bad news.
Anko realized that it couldnt be A, so she froze.
Do you know where I have to go tomorrow? he asked, not to find out, but to see if she knew.
Then it hit her. Gai had told her the date of the mission; tomorrow. She didnt know whether to nod or not, and at this Kakashi realized that she was aware of what was going on.

----FLASHBACK----

Kakashi opened his eyes, finding himself in a hospital room.

Good, youre awake. said a voice. Kakashi sat straight up and found Tsunade at his side. He started rubbing the sleep out of his eyes when Tsunade said, Youre leaving tomorrow.

What?

Youre looking for Sasuke.

Tsunade, normally I wouldnt refuse, but...

No questions. Goodbye. With that she left the room.



----END FLASHBACK----

Anko looked down. How dare Tsunade force him to do something that he didnt (or couldnt) do?
Looking at Kakashi, Anko asked, Can you even walk?
Somewhat.
She started to sniff. I cant do anything about it, Anko. Kakashi reminded her.
And at that she started crying.


_________________________________________________


All right, lets go! Naruto shouted energetically as the group stood at the gate. Not yet, Naruto. Kakashi sensei isnt even here! Sakura forcefully explained to him.
The lazy bum, Inner Sakura thought about Kakashi.
Anko stood a distance behind them. Kakashi hadnt shown up yet, late as usual.
Suddenly she felt a tug on her sleeve. Turning around, she found Kakashi in a large brown cloak. Well? What are you waiting for? Go catch up. she told him.
Wait, he said. He pulled his mask down and placed his lips on hers. When they separated, she took a look at his face. His perfect face, that she prayed she would see again.
Will you come back in one piece? she asked him, begged him really.
He nodded. Of course.
Anko wrapped her arms around him, wishing she didnt have to let go, but knowing she had to. She released him and looked up, watching him smile under the mask.
So...
Ill come back. I promise.
...Thank you.
Kakashi started walking toward the group, met by friendly cries of, Where were you? Weve been waiting! God, even Shikamaru shows up on time!, Anko knowing that she would be greeting him with a long-anticipated,

Welcome home.



________________________________________________

Wow, long chapter.

Thats it! Thank you all so much for reading! Oh, I wish it wasnt over, but I had a fun time with this story. I just loved it. Long-live KakaAnko!

See ya!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

zerotimberwolf on October 29, 2007, 6:06:37 AM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfALL RIGHT!!!! i hate that the story is over but that was one hell of an ending. Pure writing talent."Long-live KakaAnko!"