Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Lunch Break!

When feelings start blooming in the Upper East Side, who knows what will happen? NaruHina, SasuSaku, SaiIno, NejiTen, ShikaTema, KibaOC, and anything else I decide to throw in there =)

Chapter 2 - Lunch Break!

Chapter 2 - Lunch Break!
Ino looked around the workroom-turned-beehive. Suddenly she spotted Sai leaving the coffee room. She had been eyeing him for a while now, and as she smoothed her hair back except for her bangs, she tried to think of what she was going to say. She approached Sai carefully, but he spotted her anyway and greeted her with Sup?
Ino smiled and tried to look casual. Nothin much, She breathed in and tried not to wimp out before she could speak. So, um, do you have anything for Saturday? I mean, if you do, then thats okay, but I was just wondering... Ino trailed off. Sai tried to make eye contact with her. That was a bit of a struggle, considering she was looking this way and that. Finally he just said, Yeah, Im free. Ino suddenly looked up, showing an ear-to-ear grin. Oh, no! Act casual, act casual!!!!! screamed a voice in her head. So she softened her smile, and talking slowly, she responded, Okay, should I give you my number?
Sai shrugged.
Okay, um,-oh, Tenten! Ino said to her friend a few feet away at her desk. Tenten turned around to see who had spoken, and when she saw Ino looking at her, she asked, Yeah?
Could I borrow a sticky-note?
Fine with me. Ino quickly ripped off a piece of paper from the stack and hastily scribbled her number on it. She turned around and practically shoved it in Sais chest. Here, she said happily. Sai smiled at her and headed back to his desk.
Ino sighed with delight. She was seeing the mega-hottie on Saturday, and she didnt know if life got any better than that. Tenten smirked behind her. So, how long have you been waiting for that to happen? she asked playfully. Ino looked around and gave her a dirty look. I dont know what youre talking about, she defended herself. Come on, Ino. Its old news now. Everyone knows you like him. Well, everybody except him.
Shut up, Tenten. Ino snapped. As soon as she turned back around, she started letting that dreamy smile creep back on her face. Tenten sighed and swerved back around in her chair, unintentionally making eye-contact with Neji. They smiled at each other being the good friends they were, and Tenten went back to work on her computer, once again getting angry at the stupid printer for crashing because of too many print requests.



______________________________________________




Thats it, Shikamaru said with a yawn. The printers not working; Im taking my lunch break. He started to get up. What are you talking about?! You havent even typed two pages! Fujimi pointed out to him. Shikamaru shrugged and said Ill be at Offerdahls. See ya. And with that he headed towards the exit, disappearing in the sea of workers waiting for their papers. Fujimi shook her head, not believing how she could be sitting next to such a lazy bum. She would have described him as an idiot, but that didnt seem to fit too well, considering Shikamaru had an IQ of over 200. If only he used it more often than he did...
Fujimi looked back at her screen. She was one of the few people who had already printed and turned in the report to Tsunade, but now she didnt know what to do. She was hungry, and figuring she had done enough work to actually deserve a lunch break, she headed for the door, and ultimately, Einstein Bagels. Once she stepped out she found the other girls going to lunch, too. Hey, wait for me! Fujimi pleaded as she caught up with the rest of them. Temari turned around and gave the others the signal to wait. Fujimi, Sakura started. Where are you going? Because we have no idea.
Einsteins, she answered. The others nodded in agreement, deciding it would be okay for today. Hey, what do you say when work lets out, we stop at Current Events? Kurenai suggested, knowing that it was the favorite clothes shop for all of them. Ino nodded furiously, knowing she would probably have to buy something for her date with Sai. Anko started humming Public Affair and received a playful punch on the shoulder from Tenten.
As they walked along, Sakura got a devilish smile on her face. Hey, guess who I caught Hinata staring at today? Hinata froze and gave Sakura a look of complete shock. Sakura went on, seeing the looks on everyones faces at the mention of shy little Hinata being in love. Sakura, dont! Hinata almost screamed clutching Sakuras arm. Sakura was getting a kick out of this now. Its-
NOOOOOOO!
NARUTO! Sakura finished.
Everyones eyes grew wide. Suddenly Anko and Ino burst out laughing, and Tenten smiled, although it was obvious she was trying not to. Fujimi and Kurenai were saying, Thats it? Youre making fun of her for that? No ones reactions were helping to Hinata. She turned red and started walking in the opposite direction, leaving Sakura asking, Wait, where are you going?
Im not hungry! Hinata yelled back.
Hinata! HINATA! Sakura continued, suddenly feeling bad. Fujimi was glaring at her, giving her a look that said, Smooth.

So Hinata starved that day until she got home.

____________________________________



Aw, poor Hinata! Well, that about wraps this one up. Ill start the next one soon.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

vampireprincess2 on March 30, 2008, 8:44:12 AM

vampireprincess2 on
vampireprincess2So I see that Sakura is the gossiping office whore, eh? figures. It suits her.

Symphoniaprincess101 on September 22, 2007, 8:56:08 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101poor hinataT^Tawsome chapter^^

zerotimberwolf on September 4, 2007, 11:15:25 PM

zerotimberwolf on
zerotimberwolfGood chapter, keep em coming

cloudaeris on September 4, 2007, 11:22:35 AM

cloudaeris on
cloudaerisAwww how sad.Great chapter.

rffraff05 on September 4, 2007, 10:43:06 AM

rffraff05 on
rffraff05AWW thats so sad! everyone picks on Hinata! great chapter!