Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Depression and Guilt

I have written this story for my best mate so here goes....
...Harry returns to Hogwarts, but Lord Voldamort is in the process of turning Harry's life upside down.
Enjoy reading
 

Chapter 15 - Depression and Guilt

Chapter 15 - Depression and Guilt






Over the next couple of weeks they returned to lessons as usual. Ron was constantly complaining that even though Rae was in the same house as him he was barely getting to spend any time with her. This was due to the fact that both Rae and Maya were having extra lessons to catch up on anything they had missed out on while being home tutored. Harry was impressed how the girls were coping with the amount work and extra time they had to put in. But by the second week Maya was beginning to show signs of not being able to cope.





Harry, Ron and Hermione walked out of the castle and down to Hagrids hut for Care of Magical Creatures. Harry and Ron were very drowsy after a very long and dreary Divination lesson, and it did not help with Hermione constantly talking about her arithmancy lesson. When they arrived at Hagrids hut they found him waiting with the Skatzabing puppies that were very much bigger than when they were born. The Slytherins had not yet arrived, but it was not long before they heard the cheers and shouts of the Slytherins that signalled their arrival.





Malfoy had automatically ignored and often treated Rae and Maya very badly and today was no exception. He had already embarrassed Rae in front of the class in potions earlier that morning and he had been teasing Maya all week. But this was nothing to how he treated her now.





Oh look who it is, said Malfoy Home tutored girl,





The Slytherins laughed. Maya looked at Malfoy staring at him with pure hatred.





Youre a half blood arent you? asked Malfoy





Yeh, so what? asked Maya





Harry looked round to see why Hagrid was not stopping this. Hagrid knew that the girls where new, but he was nowhere to be seen.





Where has Hagrid gone? Harry whispered to Hermione





Went round the back to get something, said Hermione





I am sick of new comers, said Malfoy





Shut up Malfoy, said Harry





Oh Potter you sticking up for your girl, said Malfoy I heard they joined you for Christmas. Is it true that they are orphans?





Oh just get stuffed, said Harry





Maya was shaking with anger but she had a very upset look in her eyes.





Just as well anyway, we need less half bloods, said Malfoy Mud bloods are bad enough, he said looking at Malfoy But the less half bloods on this planet as well the better, leaves more room for the pure bloods,





Maya pulled out her wand and pointed at Malfoys face who took a step back. Harry rushed forward and lowered her wand.





He is not worth it, said Harry





Maya snatched her hand out of Harrys grip and ran back up towards the castle. Harry turned round and punched Malfoy in the face, he then turned and ran after her, with Hermione close behind. They found Maya in the courtyard sitting on windowsill that had a very steep drop the other side. She had her back to the courtyard. Harry walked up to her slowly. She turned round to look at who was there.





Go away! she said





Maya had tears pouring down her cheeks.





Leave me alone! she said loudly





Maya come and sit this side of the window, said Hermione





No! replied Maya





Maya you have to just ignore Malfoy he is just an arse hole anyway, said Harry





He edged closer to Maya who stood up and look downwards at the fall she would take if she took one more step. Harry backed off from her and turned to Hermione.





I am going to get Professor McGonagall, stay with her, said Harry





He ran out of the courtyard and into the school. He ran along the corridor and up the stairs to the transfiguration room. There he knocked on the door.





Enter, said a voice





Harry opened the door of the classroom. Professor McGonagall was sitting at her desk watching her students working. She looked up when Harry entered and the class turned their heads to look as well.





Potter, shouldnt you be in class? she asked





Professor can you come with me please its really important, said Harry





Can you not see that I am in a middle of a class, said Professor McGonagall





Professor I would not ask if I did not think it was an emergency, said Harry





Professor McGonagall looked Harry up and down. Then she turned to address her class.





I want you to carry on with what you are doing, and I do not want to hear form other teachers that you have been loud and have disrupted their lessons. I will be back as soon as I have dealt with this emergency, she said





She stood up and walked out of her classroom.





Right Potter what is this all about? as she asked





Its Maya Professor She is in the court yard and is standing on one of the windowsills that has a steep drop the other side and she is refusing to come down. Something has upset her,





Professor McGonagall quickened her step and headed to the courtyard, with Harry jogging behind her to keep up. When they reached the courtyard they found Hermione hugging Maya, who was crying.





How is this an emergency Potter? asked Professor McGonagall





Well she was about to jump, but it looks as if Hermione managed to talk her out of it, replied Harry





Professor McGonagall rushed over and led Maya back into the castle leaving Harry and Hermione standing alone.





We should probably head on back to the lesson, said Hermione.





Harry nodded in agreement. Hermione and Harry walked back down to Hagrids cabin to find the class walking up to them. Ron walked up to them with Rae and Neville. He seamed to be shaking with fury.





Whats up with you? asked Harry





Malfoy said Ron through gritted teeth





Hows Maya? asked Rae





Um&shes a bit upset, said Hermione She has gone with Professor McGonagall,





How come the lesson has ended so early? asked Harry





It hasnt, said Ron





You guys were ages the lesson has ended, said Rae





The four of them walked up to the castle and headed into the great hall for lunch. There was no sign of Maya or Professor McGonagall over the lunch period. Once they had finished eating the four of them decided to go to Professor McGonagalls office to check if Maya was ok. When they arrived outside the door, Hermione knocked. They waited and soon the door opened. It was Madame Pomfrey. She showed them inside. Professor McGonagall was sitting on a sofa hugging Maya who had tears streaming down her face. Madame Pomfrey walked over to Professor McGonagall and notified her that they were in the room. She looked up and directed them to chairs opposite them. Harry and the other walked forward and sat down. Professor McGonagall stood up and helped Maya stand too. She walked her over to Madame Pomfrey.





Maya, Madame Pomfrey is going to take you up to the hospital wing and she is going to give you something to calm you down. I will be up in a couple of minutes to check on you I just have to sort something out, said Professor McGonagall





Dont leave me, said Maya. She was very distressed. Professor McGonagall held her hand and looked into her eyes.





I am not leaving you, she said I am just going to sort something out and then I will come straight up to the hospital to see you, I promise,





Madame Pomfrey walked Maya out of the room and Professor McGonagall closed the door behind them. She turned to face Harry, Ron, Hermione and Rae. She summoned cups of tea with her wand and handed them out to each of them.





Do you want one Professor? she asked





Harry looked at Ron with a puzzled look. There was no other teacher in the room.





Oh no Minerva I am quite alright, said a voice





Harry jumped. He turned to see Professor Dumbledore standing by Professor McGonagalls desk. Harry had been to concerned about Maya to notice him standing there earlier.





Sorry to scare you all like that, said Dumbledore smiling at Harry





He walked over and sat on the sofa where Maya had previously been sitting, Professor McGonagall sat next to him and looked at Harry, Ron, Hermione and Rae.





How is she Professor? asked Hermione





Maya is very depressed at the moment, she is finding it hard to cope with the death of her mother. She is also finding it hard to settle in as she is finding it hard to make friends. All of this has led to her struggling with her work, said Professor McGonagall





Harry sat there in the deathly silence. He had not known that she was so upset. She had not told him anything. He did not even know that he was struggling with making friends.





Now seeing as you are all here, continued Professor McGonagall I want to ask you what has happened today that might of cause her to become so upset?





No one spoke. But Harry could tell that they all knew the reason why Maya had run off crying.





It is important that we know, said Dumbledore





Harry still did not answer, and he was a little confused of why not. Hermione who had been looking very nervous and uncomfortable for the past couple of minutes could no longer bare to wait and told Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore of the encounter with Malfoy.





Well I will be speaking to Mr Malfoy about that, said Professor McGonagall And Potter I suggest that next time you get annoyed with him, dont hit him, it will only cause trouble for yourself. I will overlook it this time but in future be warned,





Right well just keep an eye on Maya, she really needs her friends at the moment. And if any of you think she is struggling or is finding it hard to cope come and tell one of us, so that we can help her, said Dumbledore





I must go and check on Maya, said Professor McGonagall And you four should think about heading of to lessons,





She stood up and walked out of the room. Professor Dumbledore returned to Professor McGonagalls desk and sat down. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Rae stood up, picked up their school bags, said goodbye to Professor Dumbledore and headed back to lessons.





Over the next week and a half Harry, Ron and Hermione saw less and less of Rae and Maya. Both girls had begun to hang out with different people and soon had some more friends. In the Gryffindor common room both girls where very well liked, and some of the other houses where beginning to get to know them more. Harry had also noticed that Ron was spending less and less time with Rae. Harry approached him about this and Ron had replied with that there was no time to spend alone together without prying eyes looking in his direction.





Harry, Ron and Hermione headed down to breakfast together. They entered the hall to find it bussing with chatter from all the students. All the staff where seated up at the top table as well. Harry, Ron and Hermione walked down the Gryffindor table and found a seat about two thirds of the way down. Ron immediately started helping himself to sausages and toast, while Hermione picked up a copy of the daily that was lying on the table and began to read. It was not long though before her face fell in horror.





What? asked Harry Is it Sirius?





Ron looked up his mouth bulging with food.





No, said Hermione A six year old girl was snatched from her house three days ago and she has not been seen since. It says that the young girl was playing in the garden and her mother turned her back for ten minutes while she had a bath, when she came back the little girl was no where to be seen,





Do they have any idea who might have done it? asked Harry





Well they suspect that it was probably death eaters, said Hermione





What would they want with a small girl? asked Harry





I have no idea, said Hermione





Just then they where joined by Maya and Rae. Maya sat next to Harry and Rae sat next to Ron.





What you talking about? asked Maya in a cheery voice





The latest disappearance, said Hermione





And suddenly she and Maya where immersed in the subject. Rae and Ron where talking in hushed voices and Harry could not understand what they where saying.





There was a sudden screech from above indicating the arrival of the morning post. None of the others made any movement what so ever to the arrival of post. Harry continued to eat, but was taken as surprise as an owl landed in front of him. The owl was carrying a parcel, wrapped in brown paper. On the front was a message;











Dear Harry





You left this behind at Christmas, I am sorry I did not send it earlier its just that I did not find it till the other day when tidying out my sons bedroom. Hope you are well?





Molly Weasley












Harry thought no more of this and seeing as Hermione was to busy discussing elf rights with Maya, and Harry not wanting to join in, he began to unwrap the parcel.











Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

enelya on July 10, 2006, 2:29:36 AM

enelya on
enelyaoooooooooooo...
u did kinda give alot away at lunch 2day...hehehe
v v good-as usual!