Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Posters of Amazment

I have written this story for my best mate so here goes....
...Harry returns to Hogwarts, but Lord Voldamort is in the process of turning Harry's life upside down.
Enjoy reading
 

Chapter 18 - Posters of Amazment

Chapter 18 - Posters of Amazment
Harrys thoughts did not settle over the next couple of days. He was always aware of his surroundings and he kept a close eye on Hermione. He was not sleeping very well and kept having visions of the lake scenes again and again. Dumbledore had spoken to the school the day after their meeting, informing them that the lake was out of bounds. Many students questioned why this was, but no one apart from Harry knew the answer. But after a couple of weeks people just accepted that they were not going to find out. Harry on the other hand was still very agitated and was getting very little sleep each night. Many of his friends were very concerned about him, but he would not talk to anyone about it, least of all Hermione. The teachers were also very concerned and it was not long before they spoke to him.
It was at the end of a potions lesson that Professor McGonagall dragged him to one side after the lesson had ended.
Potter I would like you to come with me to my office, she said
Harry waved to Hermione, Ron, Rae and Maya and followed Professor McGonagall to her office. Once they had reached it she lead him inside and sat him down on one of her sofas. Harry sat there in silence.
The headmaster will be joining us in a moment, said Professor McGonagall
Whats this all about? asked Harry
You will find out in a moment, said Professor McGonagall.
Harry sat staring out of the window opposite him wondering what on earth he had done and what this meeting was about.
It was not long before Professor Dumbledore joined them.
Good afternoon to the both of you. I hope you have not had to wait very long? he asked
Not very long at all headmaster, said Professor McGonagall Please sit down. Can I offer you a drink of any sort?
A cup of tea would be delightful Minerva, said Dumbledore
Potter, said Professor McGonagall Can I interest you in a drink,
No thank you, said Harry
Professor McGonagall summoned a pot of tea and two cups for herself and Dumbledore. Once she had poured out the drinks she sat next to Harry on the sofa while Dumbledore sat opposite them in an armchair.
Harry, I am sure you are wondering why on earth we have brought you here for a meeting, said Dumbledore
Harry nodded.
Two weeks ago you had a dream, and you came to me about it. Myself, Minerva and your teaching staff have been extremely worried about the effect this dream has had on you, said Dumbledore It has been two weeks now since the dream and you seam to be still worrying about it,
Your lack of sleep has also concerned us Harry, said Professor McGonagall Have you been getting much?
Harry shook his head.
Harry, we want to help you, said Dumbledore Your lack of sleep has resulted in you struggling in many of your subjects and you lack of concentration has concerned many. We want you to try and forget about this dream. Nothing of yet has happened, and the likely hood of it happening is reducing,
Its easier said than done, said Harry annoyed.
I know, but you must try, for your own sake and for others. You friends have been very concerned about you, and some of them have even spoken of their concerns to Minerva, said Dumbledore
Every time I have a dream, I am told to try an forget about it, said Harry No one else is having these dreams and no one knows what they are like,
Harry, I know I must be hard-, said Dumbledore
Hard! Hard! Just imagine one moment dreaming of something nice or nothing at all and the suddenly it turns into a nightmare. But these nightmares are not real, you get injured in them, a hooded figure tries to kill you, choking you injuring you, and then on top of that you see this person killing people and there is nothing you can do about it! shouted Harry You try and forget about being tortured in dreams, the one place you feel safe. You try and go to sleep every night sacred of being attacked or someone else that you care about being harmed or killed. You imagine being able to see someone drown that you know is a friend and not being able to help her, and then being told to forget about it!
Harry, calm down, said Dumbledore You are right, I have no idea what it must be like. But I will not sit back and see one of my students and someone I care about becoming more and more distressed and distance. I care about you a lot and so does Professor McGonagall, but you have got to help yourself and forget about this dream. The person you saw may not have been Hermione, you are just assuming that.
Harry looked at his shoes, he could feel anger bubbling inside him but he was restraining from releasing his anger on Dumbledore and McGonagall.
Harry, just promise me you will try, said Dumbledore
Harry nodded.
Well I think you should return back to the common room and then you can go and have some dinner with your friends, said Professor Dumbledore
Harry stood up and left the office. He walked down the corridor until he found one that was deserted. He walked over to a nearby wall and thumped it hard with his fist.
Why didnt anyone believe him? He continued to thump and kick the wall, hitting his head against the wall as well.
Why? he thought, It was Hermione he saw! It was! He knew it!
It was! It was! he shouted thumping his fist and head against the stonewall.
Harry? said a concerned voice running towards him. Harry?
Two hands grabbed his shoulders and turned him around. It was Professor Ferdit
Harry? What on earth are you doing? he asked
Just leave me alone, said Harry angrily
No I am not leaving you in this state, said Professor Ferdit Whats gotten into you?
Harry did not answer and looked at the floor.
Harry talk to me, I would like to help if I can, said Professor Ferdit
Harry began to tell Professor Ferdit about the dream and about his meeting that he had just had with Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall.
And I just dont understand why people arent listening to me, said Harry
People are listening to you Harry, said Professor Ferdit They are doing what they think is in your best interests. They are only concerned,
I dont care, they are not taking me seriously. This is something that is really bothering me and no one seams to want to help, said Harry angrily
They do want to, and they are helping, said Professor Ferdit You are not letting them help you. Dumbledore is right to suggest forgetting about this dream of yours,
I dont care! said Harry picking up his bag and walking off towards the common room ignoring Professor Ferdit calling his name.
When Harry reached the common room he stormed in and up to the dormitory ignoring, once again his name being called. He burst through the door of the dormitory and threw his bag onto his bed. He hit the four-poster bed very hard; ad then stood staring out of the window one arm on the cold stone. He heard the door open behind him.
Harry? said Rons voice Are you ok?
Harry didnt say anything
You coming down for dinner?
I am not hungry, said Harry angrily
You must eat something, said Ron
Just leave me alone Ron! shouted Harry
Ron just stood there for a while, but soon the door closed and Harry was left alone. Harry got dressed into his pyjamas and got into bed. He lay there furious, he wanted to scream to yell to hit something.
Harry did not fall asleep until much later that evening. He pretended to be asleep when Dean, Seamus, Neville and Ron entered the room.
Whats wrong with him? asked Seamus
Just leave him, said Ron Hes got a lot of things on his mind at the moment,
Still, he shouldnt take his bad mood out on us, said Seamus
Just leave him, said Ron He doesnt mean to take it out on us. Hes tired; he hasnt been sleeping very much. He thinks I havent noticed but I have,
Whys he not been sleeping, said Dean
No idea, but just let him cool off, he will come round in his own time, said Ron
I feel sorry for him there is obviously something bothering him, or he would not be like this. I just hope he overcomes this problem soon, I hate seeing him this way, said a small voice which had to be Nevilles.
Me too, said Ron
The four of them were soon in bed and the lights were switched off. Harry lay there listening, all was silent but it was not long before snores could be heard. Soon Harry was overcome with tiredness and his eyes drooped and he fell fast to sleep.

The next morning Harry awoke in the early hours of the morning, the sun was just beginning to rise. Instead of lying in bed, Harry stood up and dressed into his school robes. He then went downstairs and sat by the fire. He sat there thinking until the sound of movement could be heard from above him. It was not long before the common room was slowly filling. Hermione, Rae and Maya joined him by the fire and waited for Ron. Rae and Maya were talking, but Hermione was looking at him with a concerned face.
How come you are up so early? she asked
Woke up early, said Harry
Are you feeling better today? said Hermione
I wasnt even ill, said Harry
I mean have you calmed down asked Hermione
Yes, muttered Harry
Suddenly Ron appeared.
Morning, he said, Shall we get some breakfast? They all nodded and headed down to the main hall. Once they had their breakfast they returned to the common room to gather their books and headed of to the first lessons of the day. They had two singles before break, Defence against the dark arts and divination. Harry was not looking forward to Defence against the dark arts after his encounter with Professor Ferdit the previous evening, but he regrettably cued outside the classroom door waiting for the lesson to begin. When Professor Ferdit turned up he allowed the class to enter, but he held Harry back.
How are you feeling today? asked Professor Ferdit
Fine, and there was nothing wrong with me, snapped Harry
Alright mate, but you were not yourself. I have never seen you in that state before. Remember my door is always open for you to come and chat if you would like to, said Professor Ferdit
Thanks, said Harry And Im sorry for yesterday,
Dont worry about it, said Professor Ferdit Just remember people do care about you Harry, so allow them to help you,
He clapped Harry on the shoulder and they entered the classroom.
The lesson was reasonably enjoyable. Professor Ferdit got them making posters to help them with revision. They were allowed to do it on anything they had done with him so far, using any forms of presenting it. Harry and Ron spent most of the lesson gawping at Hermiones amazing poster, she had things twinkling, flying about the page and every now and then things jumping out. Harry looked at his. He had yet to add his special affects, what ever they may be, all he had was writing in different colours with the occasional crap drawing every now and then. By the end of the lesson, his and Rons didnt look much compared to most other peoples presentations. To top it all of Professor Ferdit announced that he was going to get them all to present them all next lesson.
Hes got to be bloody joking if he thinks I am going present my crappy poster to the class, especially seeing as Malfoy and his cronies will be there. If they laugh or make a comment I dont think I will be able to resist jumping the desk and punching him in the mouth, said Ron as they walked along the hallway towards the north tower.
Ron you need to learn to ignore him. It doesnt matter what he thinks, said Hermione
Easy for you to say, said Ron
Look, I have to go to arithmancy, said Hermione So I will se you at break, in the common room,
Hermione peeled off from Ron and Harry and headed off down a hall in the direction of the arithmancy classroom. Harry and Ron proceeded down the hallway until they came to a staircase, on which they began to climb to the top where they knew Professor Trelawney would be waiting to predict their horrific deaths.

Once the lesson had finally ended, Harry and Ron descended the stairs and headed back to the common room. It had been a miserable lesson, and as usual Professor Trelawney had predicted Harrys death once again. Harry and Ron returned to the common room to find it buzzing with convocations. They barged their way through the many people until they found two seats by the fire, in which they sat. There was no sign of Hermione
I bet she is asking Professor Vector some boring and pointless question, said Ron
Probably, said Harry
As break continued more and more people entered the common room, but none of them was Hermione. Maya and Rae where both taking arithmancy with Hermione, but when they entered and made their way across to Harry and Ron, Hermione was not with them.
Hello, said Ron Good lesson? I bet Hermione was asking really pointless questions,
Hiya, said Rae Yeah it was ok, oh an for your information Hermione never turned up for the lesson,
What? said Harry sitting up and staring at Maya and Rae.
No she never turned up to the lesson, said Maya
Thats odd, said Ron Hermione never misses a lesson, plus we saw her walking towards the arithmancy classroom before we left for divination,
She didnt turn up? asked Harry
Maya shook her head. Harry stood up very quickly and barged his way forcefully out of the common room.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment