Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Dreams do come true

I have written this story for my best mate so here goes....
...Harry returns to Hogwarts, but Lord Voldamort is in the process of turning Harry's life upside down.
Enjoy reading
 

Chapter 19 - Dreams do come true

Chapter 19 - Dreams do come true
Once Harry had made his way past the Gryffindors, he burst though the portrait door. Harry ran down the hall way and down the stair case barging people out of the way as he went. He ran down the hall and out into the grounds. He ran down the gravel path, nearly knocking two first years into a bush. He could hear footsteps running behind him and calls of his name. He knew that Ron, Rae and Maya were following him. But Harry did not stop to let them catch up with him. He had not time to stop. He kept running down the path, he barged through people when they were in the way, he even barged through Professor Snape and Professor Ferdit who were out in the grounds talking. Harry kept running, closer and closer to the lake he came. He could see the forest where the lake lay behind. He ran and ran as fast as he could. He knew exactly what had happened to Hermione. Harry ran through the trees and bushes until he reached the shore of the lake. Harry looked out into the lake, sure enough lying face down in the lake completely motionless, was a girl with bushy brown hair.
Hermione! he shouted
Harry ran down to the waters edge and started to wade out into the water. It was freezing cold, he could feel the blood rush to his organs away from his fingers and toes. The water made Harry shiver violently, but he did not stop. He continued to wade out pushing the water aside with his arms. He was chest deep now and the coldness of the water was making it hard to breathe properly, but he had to get to her. Harry continued to wade until he could not longer touch the bottom, so he swam the last metre. When he reached the girl he turned her over so that her mouth and nose were pointing out of the water. It was Hermione.
No! shouted Harry
Harry! shouted voices from the shore
He could hear a couple of screams as well.
Harry started to pull Hermione towards the shore, making sure he kept her head above the water. But it was harder than he had expected and trying to drag Hermione through the water was causing his head to go under water. Harry would then brake through the surface gasping for breath. He was so cold, but he knew he had to get to the shore. When he reached walking depth he dragged her along the water. He could here shouts from the waters edge. As he reached the edge someone else joined him in the water. Ron helped Harry to drag Hermione out of the water. They dragged her out of the water and lay her on the pebbles. Harry knelt down next to her gasping for breath. He placed his fingers on her neck to check for a pulse. There was not one. Harry then checked to see if she was breathing, she wasnt.
Maya, Rae go and get help! said Harry
The girls ran off looking extremely frightened. Harry began to perform CPR, Ron stood motionless near by. was motionless and her lips were blue. It was a while before Harry finally got Hermione breathing again. She coughed and spluttered and Harry helped to roll her onto her side. Hermione vomited up the water that had entered her body and gasped for breath.
Hermione! squeaked Ron kneeling by his head, moving her hair out of her face
Where & am & I? gasped Hermione
Its ok, your safe. Just lie still, said Ron
Harry lay back onto the stone pebble panting for breath. He was freezing cold and had a thumping headache. Ron undid his cloak and draped it over Hermione. He rubbed her back to try and help to warm her up.
Im&so&cold, she stuttered
I know, help will be here in a moment, said Ron
Suddenly there were sounds of running feet and many pairs of feet ran across the pebbles towards Ron, Hermione and Harry. Harry looked to see who they were. It was Professor Ferdit and Professor Snape, accompanied by Maya and Rae. They were all surrounding Hermione. Professor Ferdit and Professor Snape saw to Hermione. Professor Ferdit dried her robes, while Snape summoned a stretcher.
What happened? asked Snape
We found Hermione face down in the lake, said Ron Harry went and got her out,
Professor Ferdit looked over at Harry lying on his back on the stones.
You ok Harry? he asked
Jack  butted in Snape Lets get her up to the castle.
Once Hermione was ready to move they lifted her onto a stretcher, and began to walk back up to the school. Maya, Ron and Rae quickly followed. Harry tried to keep up with them, but he was weak and exhausted and soon he fell behind. So Harry slowly headed up to the castle by himself. Soaking wet he shivered as the cold wind blew about his robes. His hair had got wet when trying to pull Hermione to the shore, and it felt as if his hair had turned to icicles. His head was thumping and he was feeling very short of breath; Harry had swallowed quite a lot of water when rescuing Hermione.
After a while Harry finally reached the castle. He walked towards the hospital-dodging people in the corridors who gave him very curious looks. He was shivering feverishly. When he finally reached the hospital wing he opened the door and entered. Madame Pomfrey, Professor McGonagall and Professor Ferdit were all crowded round a bed, which Harry supposed Hermione must be on. Ron, Maya and Rae where sitting on bed near by lookin at ore, all pale with fright. Dumbledore was standing by a window gazing out at it. When Harry entered Dumbledore turned to look at him.
How&is she? asked Harry
Madame Pomfrey looked up, and Professors McGonagall and Ferdit looked around.
Shes going to be ok, thanks to you said Madame Pomfrey briskly from Hermiones bedside. She is a little cold, and I want to bring her body temperature up, but apart from that she is well, surprisingly seeing as what she has had to endure,
Harry was feeling really weak, and reached out to lean on a near by pillar. However before he could touch it, he collapsed due to pure exhaustion.
Harry! said a voice
Harry opened his eyes, he found Professor Ferdit looking down on him. Harry raised his hands up to his head
Alright mate, said Professor Ferdit Did you bump your head?
Yeah, said Harry wincing through a headache.
Madame Pomfrey and Dumbledore had now joined them. Professor Ferdit helped Harry to sit up, leaning him against the wall. Harry sat there shivering, he was in a warm room, but his clothes were soaking wet and cold. They clung to his body causing goose bumps.
Harry your soaking, exclaimed Professor Ferdit
I & dragged& Hermione & out of the & water, stuttered Harry through chattering teeth.
Professor Ferdit drew out his wand and dried Harrys robes off for him. Madame Pomfrey put her hand against his head.
Yes his body it temperature is low, she said And his lips our blue,
Madame Pomfrey summoned a bottle from the bedside table next to Hermione. She poured a little into a small cup, which she also summoned with her wand. She handed it to Harry to drink. It was a burning peppery taste that ran down Harrys mouth and into his stomach. Even though it tasted disgusting, Harry slowly started to warm up.
Right, Harry just sit here for a bit, until you feel able to stand and then we will get you onto a bed, said Madame Pomfrey
Harry made to stand up.
No I said sit! said Madame Pomfrey sternly You need to catch you breathe back before you go walking around or you are more than likely to faint again,
Harry lent back against the wall. Madame Pomfrey and Professor Dumbledore walked off to speak with Professor McGonagall who was standing at the foot of Hermiones bed. Maya soon joined Harry and knelt down beside him.
You ok? she asked
Yeah, said Harry
You were really brave, said Maya If it wasnt for you Hermione probably wouldnt be alive,
I only went into the water to get her, said Harry Anyone else would do the same. And anyway it would never had happened if people had listened to me
Yeah, but still, said Maya
Harry put his hand up to his head his scar was prickling painfully.
Harry? What is it? asked Maya
Nothing, said Harry standing up. He slowly began to walk over to a bed. Maya helped to support him. But half way across Harry dropped to the floor yelling in pain as his scar increased to such a pitch that Harry thought his head was going to explode. People suddenly rushed over to Harry.
Harry? Whats the matter? asked Professor Ferdit
My scar! groaned Harry Its so painful,
Dumbledore placed his hand on Harrys head, and the pain began to ease. Harry lay on the floor breathing deeply. Professor Ferdit helped Harry stand and they got him into a bed. Harry lay there taking in deep breaths. Madame Pomfrey walked over to him and gave him a potion to make him sleep.
You can return to school tomorrow evening, if I am happy, she said Now get some sleep,
Harry drank the potion, and immediately he was overcome with tiredness. Harry closed his eyes and fell fast asleep and drifted into dream.
Harry opened his eyes, it was pitch black and id was deadly silent. Not even the owls were hooting. Movement out of the corner of Harrys eye caught his attention. He sat up straight in bed and looked around. Harry could sense that he was not alone in the room. He peered into the darkness.
Whos there? he called out.
Someone dressed in a black cloak from head to toe slowly walked out of the darkness. They walked over towards Harry theyre hood covering their face.
Harry, they said in a cold voice I think we need to have a little chat, dont you?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment