Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Behid Blue Eyes

This is a series of Invader ZIM songfics.

Dib has discovered that ZIM will finally take over the world, and it is much too late to stop him. Poor earth!

Now it is up to Dib and his older cousin Jez to defeat ZIM and save the world!

Chapter 1 - Behid Blue Eyes

Chapter 1 - Behid Blue Eyes








Behind Blue Eyes

Professor Rowan Brooke



Dib trudged up his front steps. His hair was more mussed than normal and his left glasses lens had a huge crack up the right corner. He had failed. Again. He opened the door to see his cousin Jez sitting on the sofa reading Romeo and Juliet for the third time already. “Hey, Moth.”



“'Ey.” Dib grunted. He didn't really feel like talking, but with Jez around, he knew he had to say something. He prepared himself for his cousin's probing.



“You don't sound too good, Dib.” she said, closing her book and turning around to face him. “What's wrong?”



He took a breath while his cousin turned on the radio. A voice on the radio then said, “… and now let's play a request we have gotten for “Behind Blue Eyes” by Limp Bizkit.” The cousins stood in silence as the song played.



no one knows what it's like
to be the bad man
to be the sad man
behind
blue eyes
and no one knows
what it's like to be hated
to be faded to telling only lies




“Well,” Dib started, trying to figure out what to say. “I tried to sneak into ZIM's base again, and I managed to get myself inside for once. I found the elevator down to his underground labs and went there. There I saw ZIM making a transmission to his leaders.” He flashed back to that horrid conversation.

but my dreams they aren't as empt
y
as my conscious seems to be


I have hours, only lonely
my love is vengeance
that's never free




ZIM looked up at the large monitor at the bored faces of his Almighty Tallest. “My tallest, this planet is most definitely weak enough for the armada to conquer, and I have noticed the Massive coming closer to the planet. Does this mean?”



The purple one snapped awake, for he had been snoring the entire time, until the red one nudged him awake. The red one then said, “Yes, we are coming closer to the planet right now. The armada will be upon it in three days.”



ZIM didn't hear what the purple one muttered to the red one, but Dib did. He muttered, “Anything to shut him up.”



Fortunately, nobody heard him gasp. Unfortunately, ZIM's dog GIR saw him. “HIII BIG HEAD!!!”



ZIM looked over at where the noise was coming from. “DIB!” he screamed, “YOU HEARD THAT ENTIRE CONVERSATION?” Dib nodded. Then ZIM's look of anger changed into a malicious grin. “Yes, your FILTHY planet will be invaded soon. Be proud you were the first to hear this.” ZIM's cackle remained in his head even as he charged out of the base and tripped on the sidewalk curb, breaking his glasses.

No one knows what it's like
to feel these feelin
gs
like I do, and I
blame you!
No one bites back as hard
on their anger
none of my pain woe
can show through




Jez listened in horror to Dib's story, taking down notes. At times Dib didn't understand why she did this. She merely explained it as something she had to do on a case, and now tends to do it whenever people are talking to her. When he finished talking, she looked up. “So, what you're saying is that ZIM's race is coming to take over the planet?” He nodded. “I've been wondering when I'd have to show you this. Come with me!” Dib followed her out the door.


But my dreams they aren't as empty
as my conscious seems to be


I have hours, only lonely
my love is vengeance
that's never free




Dib and Jez leapt on the train. They sat in complete silence, both contemplating exactly what would happen in three days. Jez's radio was still on, though. It softly played “Behind Blue Eyes”. They got off in the middle of the country, miles away from their neighborhood. Jez walked into a cornfield, so Dib followed her.



“Right here.” Jez said, standing in the exact center of the field. There was a rock right where a stalk of corn was supposed to be. “Kick it.” She told Dib. He did, and the rock opened up to reveal a hole. A metal pole rose from the hole. She slid down the pole, and Dib slid down after her, not knowing what to expect.



He landed on a dark and light grey checked linoleum floor. Looking around, he saw a base like in a 30s science fiction novel. A computer large enough to rival ZIM's sat on a wall surrounded by smaller computers. The underground base also served as an apartment for about 30 to 50 people, with bunk beds and a large kitchen and bathroom. Jez smiled at his awe. She said, “Welcome to what I like to call, `The Hole'.”

discover
l.i.m.p. say it (x4)
no one knows what its like
to be mistreated, to be defeated
behind
blue eyes
no one know how to say
that they're sorry and don't worry
I'm not telling lies



Dib was shocked. “The… The Hole?”



She nodded. “Yep. It was made by the Swollen Eyeball Net just for this type of situation. If the world was invaded by anybody, from this earth or extraterrestrial, the eyeballs and their families would be safe. Hey, there still needs to be somebody to save the earth.”



“But… why can't save earth now?” Dib asked.



Jez's grin slowly became a frown. “The earth is lost, Dib. We can't take on an entire armada. There has to be more of us to fight it.” He nodded. She was absolutely right. “Now we have to go back home and gather everybody dear to us. Then we'll come back here with them in two days. Let's go!” The two of them went back up to the surface.



but my dreams they aren't as empty
as my conscious seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
my love is vengeance
that's never free




In those days, nobody wanted to come with him. They all thought he was crazy, and was trying to pull them into one of his schemes. Jez didn't do any better, and only three people were on the train back to The Hole. Sitting next to Dib was a girl the same age as Jez, with short electric blue hair and brown eyes. She wore a white t-shirt and dark grey jeans. On her CD player was, once again, “Behind Blue Eyes”. The girl's name was Amb, and he knew her as Agent Tuna Ghost. They got out to the cornfield. Amb, who also knew about this hideout, kicked the rock. They then went down the pole and bedded down, for it was around midnight when they arrived.

no one knows what its like
to be the bad man, to be the sad man
behind
blue eyes.



The next day, the three of them sat and listened to the explosions and screams from above, watching the news on the computer screen as the last notes of “Behind Blue Eyes” played on the CD player. They were what were left of the free human race. They were obligated to save the rest.




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Sexy_Bishi_Queen on May 28, 2005, 9:34:47 PM

Sexy_Bishi_Queen on
Sexy_Bishi_Queen
That is a wicked story! And as you made that nice comment, i am addign this and you to me faves! Will you add me? And if you want a request, please tell me! Thanks!