Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Trigger Happy Jack

This is a series of Invader ZIM songfics.

Dib has discovered that ZIM will finally take over the world, and it is much too late to stop him. Poor earth!

Now it is up to Dib and his older cousin Jez to defeat ZIM and save the world!

Chapter 4 - Trigger Happy Jack

Chapter 4 - Trigger Happy Jack


Earth's Saviours

Chapter 4- Trigger Happy Jack

Professor Rowan Brooke



----Hello there my faithful fans! I had so much trouble thinking of a chapter four song, I moved that to chapter 5 and it is now time to introduce what has been happening to Gaz these past five years! Thank you for the insight, toxic_dreamer! The song is “Trigger Happy Jack” by Poe. Her whole album is a soundtrack to Gaz! It's kinda amazing…----



-----------



First Commander Gaz paced around her office. The world had changed in five years' time. Those years ago she knew what was going on, but she didn't really care. ZIM was an idiot. He needed her around to be his second brain. She gave into his power many years ago and ascended in the ranks. It was mostly because ZIM really liked her, but she pretended not to know. Extremely bored, she turned on the television. On every station was the same thing.



He scares easily

It makes him so... angry

At me

And his head it spins around

Just like the exorcist and I

Find it ever so

Hard to resist his cries



“Rebel ringleader Jez Membrane has escaped from prison and is heading off into space in a stolen Voot cruiser. Nobody really knows her intentions, but troops will be watching the skies for the fugitive. This is…”



Gaz turned off the televison. She knew this was going to happen. She even knew where her crazy cousin was most likely headed. Her brother babbled on for days about aiding a band of aliens known as “The Resisty”, and he probably told Jez about them. Should she tell ZIM? “Nah.” She decided. The Resisty were a band of idiots attempting to overthrow an enormous empire. It would never work. She then heard a series of doors opening and slamming. It got louder and louder, until reaching hers.



But there's nothing more sadistic than an infant

Waving his pistol in my face

He wants me right down on my knees

Crumbling in disgrace

But he underestimates my mind

I know he's messing with my head

My only weakness is

I can't believe the guy could be entirely dead



ZIM stormed into the office. “FILTHY rebel human!” he screamed. “She escaped from MY prison complex!”



“Calm down. It's just one rebel.” Gaz groaned. “She can't do anything to take on the entire Irken army. Anyways, I'm going to talk to my brother. Ask him what he told her, if anything.” She started herself a pot of coffee.



ZIM sighed and sat down. “You're right, Gaz. I should really stop worrying. It's only one girl.” He repeated to himself as he walked out of the office. Gaz got ready to travel to the prison complex.



You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being

You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being

Trigger Happy Jack you're gonna blow

But I'm gonna get off before you go

My Trigger Happy Jack is just a drive by

A Go-Go

Go-Go



Gaz rode down to the prison in a government hovercraft. She was escorted by five smaller hovercrafts, and the guards in them leapt out and headed toward the complex. It's been five years since she had seen her older brother, and wondered how his resistance movement went. Escorted by the guards, she strode calmly into the prison.



The blood was still being cleaned off the floor when she got to the wing where her family was being kept. She stared, her mouth hanging open, at the enormous hole her cousin created. “That was a beautiful piece of workmanship.” a deep voice behind her responded.



And after a while he calms down

And he looks at me like a prince

But I know I better bite the bullet

'Cause it's just another one of his Jedi mind tricks

Well this ain't no head trip honey

This is a collision on the road

And you've got me feeling oh just like a roadkill

But you know deep down I know



Gaz whipped around to see a man that was almost bald, wearing a pair of dirty sunglasses and a tattered lab coat. “I made that sword-arm for her. One of my best cybernetic attachments ever.” He scratched his chin. “You look familiar. Have I seen you somewhere before?”



Gaz gasped and almost screamed out, “I'm your daughter!”, but she stopped when she remembered she did look a lot different. She died her violet hair black and put it in a tight bun, and she was wearing a military uniform. She cleared her throat. “I need to talk to the one known as Dib.”



“Oh yes, he is here.” The professor said back to her. “Dib, someone from the military wants to speak with you.”



The figure that walked out of the shadows frightened her for a bit. Her brother looked so disheveled, so broken down, but with a fire still glowing in his eyes. “Come with me.” Gaz commanded, “I wish to talk to you in private.”



You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being

Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being

Trigger Happy Jack you're gonna blow

But I'm gonna get off before you go

My Trigger Happy Jack is just a drive by

A Go-Go



Gaz led Dib into a room that was entirely white. The only furniture in it was a metal table and two chairs. Gaz sat down and motioned to her brother to sit in the other chair. “You told our cousin about the Resisty, didn't you?”



“Our cousin?” Dib looked at this military woman with new eyes. “Gaz? Is that you?” Gaz had disappeared at least four years ago, and nobody had heard where she went. Why had his sister become the enemy?



“Yes, Dib, you are speaking to first commander Gaz, right hand to ZIM, ruler of this world.” She smirked. It's been a while since she saw her brother suffer, and she was enjoying every moment of his babbling and faces. “You told Jez about the Resisty, didn't you?”





Why do you make me feel like this?

Why do you gotta be such a dick?

Go-Go



“Yes, I did. She has to save us, Gaz. We were meant to rule ourselves, not have a MONSTER from another planet control our daily lives!” Dib stated the last sentence like a politician, punctuating the things that sounded good, but would never come true in a million years.



“Thank you, Dib. I found out what I need to know, and that you most likely sent our older cousin on a wild goose chase that will end up with body bags!” she screamed. Gaz quite liked Jez, and didn't want to see her cousin die. “You are dismissed.” She mumbled, and the guards took her brother away.



And I hate myself just enough to want him

And I hate him just enough to get off

But I understand him

Maybe I'm just crazy enough to love him

Why not?



Gaz walked out of the prison, feeling heavier than she did coming out. She would have to answer ZIM's questions when she got back to the main buiding, and she wasn't looking forward to that.



You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being

You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being

You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being

You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being

You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KatdaKat1988 on August 17, 2006, 8:54:12 PM

KatdaKat1988 on
KatdaKat1988Woo! This is great! Can't wait to see Kath in this! ^_^ I mean, it got awesome songs fitting the environment of the chapter, and when Dib stayed behind to try and defeat the irkens, I almost cried! It's got suspense, sci-fi, shock, action! But it needs some romance =D

InvdrDana on April 17, 2006, 1:10:28 PM

InvdrDana on
InvdrDanaI am loving this story to death! It's just so amazing...beyond what I could ever achieve! It's got everything from suspense to sci-fi to awesomeness! It reminds me of something I've read or watched before, but with my favorite Invader Zim characters! I just hope that the ending won't come as a sad one...like Zim getting killed or something...I'd cry! Well laterz!