Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I Stand Alone

Songfic to Godsmack's "I Stand Alone". The story of the fall of one of my oldest characters, Queen Loupe the 1st.

Chapter 1 - I Stand Alone

Chapter 1 - I Stand Alone


Loupe strode down the long corridor. Her eyepatch was torn, revealing the empty socket that was behind it. If an eye was there, it would burn with a fire as bright as her other eye. She was in excruciating pain from the new scars forming all over her body, but an inner strength kept her moving as if nothing was wrong with her. She shoved open the doors to the vampire throne room and stormed in. Sitting there was Lord Sagaxus, the center of her hate. He had a smug look plastered onto his face.

“I see you have returned, Loupe.” He said, rising slowly, “Most likely to kill me, hmm?” she growled. “Let's make a deal, pup. You're in no shape to fight. I could kill you in an instant. Give up your foolish crusade, Loupe. Give up and give in! Your forces are too small to take on my armies. Just give in to me and I won't kill you.”

Loupe gave the bargain no thought. “I WILL NEVER!”

Now I've told you this once before
You can't control me
If you try to take me down you're gonna break
Now I feel your every nothing that you're doing for me


I'm picking you outa me
you run away
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone


Sagaxus's smug grin became a frown. “You had a choice to be killed or to live under me, pup! Time to die!” he yelled, drawing an elegant broadsword. Loupe drew her spear, the only weapon she had and the only one she wished to have. He charged, she blocked. “Well, pup,” he snidely remarked, “you're not as out of shape as I thought you were.”

She pushed him away with the butt of her spear. “I've been out in the wilderness training my @$$ off, sparring with the best, unlike some who just train by hurting innocent creatures!” She charged,
the spear point directed at his gut, when he stopped her charge with the blade of his broadsword.

“You'll have to work harder than that, pup!”



You're always hiding behind your so called goddess
So what you don't think that we can see your face
Resurrected back before the final fallen
now they've arrest utill I can make my own way
I'm not afraid of fading


I stand alone
Feeling your sting down inside of me
I'm not dying for it
I stand alone
Everything that I believe is fading
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone


Loupe stood, glaring at her opponent. He was grinning back at her. She hated him dearly. How cocky and smug he was, how brutal and cold. The worst part was he loved it. For two years, she was the vampire lord's personal punching bag- forced to take every blow he made. Most of these scars were from him. When she escaped, she started freeing slaves all over the area, forming a small army. If it was her choice, she would have never come back to this place with so many horrible memories. But it wasn't her choice; it was the choice of her tribe. She had to kill the vampire lord, even if she died with him.

When Loupe looked back up, the vampire lord was gone. She then felt a searing pain in her gut. When she looked, the point of a short sword was sticking out of the area right below her rib cage. Blood started to coat the floor around her as she crumpled to the ground in pain. “I win.” A voice said as she felt a boot on her back. Looming over was Lord Sagaxus. He yanked the blade out of her body and she screamed in pain.

And now
it's my time (now it's my time)
It's my time to dream (my time to dream
)
Dream of the sky (dream of the sky
)
Make me believe that this place is
n't made
By the poison in me
Help me decide if my fire will burn out
Before you can breathe
Breathe into me


Lord Sagaxus laughed. She would be dead of blood loss any time soon now. Then he could get back to what he was doing. “Not… so… fast.” He heard a soft voice behind him say. Then he saw Loupe staggering to her feet, using her spear to prop her up.

“Still moving?” he said, maliciously chuckling. She said nothing, but her solitary eye said with strength stronger than any word, `I will kill you.' He backed away, slightly frightened. She slowly walked toward him, lifting her spear to his heart. The vampire lord then broke into a run, the crazed wolf girl after him.

I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone
Feeling your sting down inside of me
I'm not dying for it
I stand alone
Everything that I believe is fading


The vampire lord kept running. He heard the footsteps behind him. He dared not look behind him. Then he saw it- a dead end. He was beaten, but not yet. He pulled out the short sword, still stained with wolf blood. He stood against the corner, sword drawn, as Loupe came toward him. She stopped in front of him. “Do you like the feeling of being preyed upon for once?” He thrust his sword at him, only for her to knock it out of the way with the spear. Then she grinned, a dark grin that made the vampire lord tremble. “Goodnight, my lord.” She said sickeningly sweetly. Then she took the spear and thrust it into his chest, piercing his heart.


I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone
Inside
I stand alone
Inside


She walked out of the castle to be greeted by her companions. Then she collapsed, too tired to move. The last thing she saw was her daughter, only six, running over to her. As the darkness came to Loupe, she let in envelop her. Now that her enemy was dead, she knew she would be invited to join the other wolf kings and queens in the afterlife.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment