Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Sonic Christmas Tale

When Sonic goes missing for the holidays, everyone is worried. Did Amy drive him off, or did he have his own reasons for leaving? *one-shot fic*

Might eventually be turned into a fan comic.

Chapter 1 - A Sonic Christmas Tale

Chapter 1 - A Sonic Christmas Tale
“Amy, when is Mr. Sonic coming back?” “I’m sorry Cream, I don’t know.” Amy sighed. Sonic had gone off on some ‘super important mission’ a few days ago and still hadn’t returned. Christmas was only two days away, and everyone was starting to get worried, Cream most of all. “Do you know where he went?” Cream asked. “No, I don’t. All he said was that he had to go somewhere and it was really important.” Amy replied. “But, if he stays out too long, he’ll miss Christmas!” Cream whispered. Amy didn’t reply. “Maybe that’s the whole reason he left…” She thought.

FLASHBACK: Christmas one year ago

“AMY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!” Sonic yelled as he ran from the pink hedgehog. Amy, having forced him into full winter dress, was easily keeping up with him. She was holding a stick with a sprig of mistletoe tied firmly to the end. “SOOOOONIC!!! Just one kiss!!!” She called. “NO! How many times do I have to say it Amy, I WILL NOT KISS YOU!!!”

END FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK: Christmas two years ago

“C’mon Sonic, open it!” Amy said, squirming in her seat. The pink hedgehog had just handed Sonic a package. “Okay, okay Amy, I’m opening it! Geez, you taped this tight!” Sonic replied, trying to get one particularly stubborn ribbon off. “Uh oh…” Sonic said as his glove got tangled in the tape. “Aw, heck with it.” He said, pulling off his gloves. Slowly but surely, the package was unwrapped (and Sonic’s glove freed). As he pulled the last piece of wrapping paper, Amy let out a small squeak of excitement. Finally, the box was open, and Sonic reached in to find… A picture of him and Amy kissing? “What the heck Amy?” Sonic said, confused and slightly disturbed. “Well, Sonic, you said you didn’t know what to give me for Christmas, so this is both of our gifts!” Amy replied with a huge grin. “Ew.” Sonic said, grimacing.

END FLASHBACK

FLASHB- Amy: Okay, okay, enough with the flashbacks!

While Amy was lost in thought and Cream was playing with Cheese and Chocola, Knuckles and Shadow came in, shaking off snow. “Mr. Shadow! Mr. Knuckles!” Cream cried, “Did you find him?” Amy looked up. “No, sorry Cream.” Knuckled replied. Shadow just shook his head and continued brushing himself off. “HEY!” Amy yelled, startling everyone, “GO BRUSH OFF ON THE PORCH UNLESS YOU WANT TO CLEAN THAT CARPET YOURSELVES!” With rather scared expressions on both of their faces, Shadow and Knuckled retreated back to the porch. “That wasn’t very nice, Amy.” Cream said. “Sorry, Cream, but I just cleaned the carpet a few hours ago, I don’t want to have to do it again.” At that, they both laughed.

Suddenly, the phone rang. “Hello,” Amy said, picking it up. “Amy, good,” The voice on the other end of the line said. “Oh, hi Tails.” Amy replied, “Did you find him?” “No, I’m sorry. The storm got so bad I had to land the Tornado. If he’s out in this, I hope he’s somewhere warm.” Tails said. “Okay, Tails, thanks for trying. Can you make it back here?” Amy asked. “I think so, I made this new vehicle especially for snow travel, it’s got a central heating system and-“ “Why can’t you use that to look for Sonic?” Amy interjected. “It only has enough fuel to make it to your house.” Tails replied. “Okay, come over here. Just be careful, okay?” Amy said. “Okay, Amy, I will.” Tails said before he hung up. Amy put down the phone and sighed. “Before you ask Cream, Tails didn’t find Sonic either. He’s on his way here.” “Okay, Amy.” Cream said sadly.

The storm soon worsened, so Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow had to stay at Amy’s house. The latter was not very pleased. “Stupid storm,” Shadow grumbled, “I wish I could just Chaos Control up into those clouds and…” He smacked his fist into his palm. “Just calm down, Shadow.” Knuckles replied, “Be thankful Amy even let you stay here. You’re so grumpy and-“ At that point, Knuckles stopped. All eyes in the room focused on the front door, because it was opening. “Sonic?” Amy called. “No, sorry. It’s just me.” A voice came. Everyone relaxed. “Come on in, Tikal.” Amy said, dejected. Tikal walked in, wrapped in several layers of coats and warm clothes. She was carrying what appeared to be a giant icicle. “What’s that?” Tails asked, looking at the icicle. “Eh,” Tikal said, “Well, this storm made Angel Island really cold, and Chaos, well…” “Oooooh.” Everyone said at once. “Would you mind if we stay here a while?” Tikal asked. “Of course you can stay!” Amy said. “After all, I’m putting up with those three.” “Oh, Tikal,” Knuckles said, “Where’s the Master emerald?” “Frozen to the shrine.” Tikal replied. “Nothing can free it, at least not until this storm is over. You have nothing to worry about.”

While Chaos was defrosting by the fire, Cream approached Amy. “No, Cream, I haven’t heard from Sonic.” Amy said, anticipating her question. “Actually, Amy, I was going to ask something different.” Cream replied. “Oh, okay.” Amy said, “What?” “Well, if Mr. Sonic can’t get through this snow, what about Santa?” “Um,” Amy said, unsure of what to say, “Well, Santa always comes! Yeah, even if he can’t make it to some places on Christmas, he always comes as soon as the weather lets him! So, even if he doesn’t come tomorrow, he will come when the storm dies down!” “Oh, really?” Cream asked, “Thanks Amy!” “Great, now what do we do?” Amy thought, “Cream is expecting presents from Santa, and there’s no way we can go to the stores in this storm. And we couldn’t rush out as soon as the storm dies down, not even Sonic would be fast enough!”

The day wore on. The only eventful news was that Rouge had gotten lost in the storm, and hadn’t been heard from for two days. Everyone was starting to lose hope. “Cream, what’s the matter? Tonight’s Christmas Eve. You get to open one present, remember?” Amy said, trying to cheer her up, “I’m sure Sonic is somewhere safe. Maybe he went to visit his family or something.” “Maybe, Amy…” Cream replied sadly. “C’mon, worrying about it won’t help.” Amy said, “Let’s go get ready for bed. I convinced Knuckles to read ‘The Night Before Christmas’ this year.” “Mr. Knuckles?” Cream replied, “That should be interesting.” Amy laughed. “C’mon, let’s go.”

After a rather eventful reading of read ‘The Night Before Christmas’ (involving a ripped bed sheet, spilled cocoa, unconscious Tails, and Shadow sulking in his room), only Amy and Cream were awake. “Amy, do you think you could get Tails off my bed? He’s taking up a lot of space.” “Sure Cream,” Amy laughed, picking up the fox. After depositing Tails, Amy came back to Cream’s room to find the rabbit was looking out the window at the storm. “Don’t worry about him, Cream.” Amy said, putting an arm around her, “I have faith in Sonic.” Cream smiled at her. “I hope you’re right, Amy.” Cream said. “Let’s get to bed.” Amy said.

The next morning, Amy and Cream were woken up by a series of crashes from downstairs. “Sonic?” Amy said. “Santa, maybe?” Cream replied (Cream and Amy were sharing a room). They ran out into the hallway to find a sleepy Tikal. “Where’s Chaos?” Amy asked. “Asleep in the bathtub.” She replied. “Or he was. That Knucklehead…” “What happened? Cream asked. “Knuckles went to take a bath.” “Oh.” Amy replied, grinning, “Is that what all of the ruckus is about?” “Yup.” Tikal replied. “Is Chaos okay?” Cream asked. “I think you should be more worried about Knuckles.” Tikal replied, laughing. “Shall we go downstairs and sort this mess out?” Amy asked, “It sounds like it’s getting worse.”

The ‘Chaos incident,’ as it was called later, ended up taking most of the morning to resolve. It wasn’t until after 1:00 that it was time to open the presents. Out of sympathy, everyone let Cream open hers first. After carefully removing the paper from one of them, Cream started crying. “Cream, what’s the matter?” Amy asked. “Didja get socks, squirt?” Shadow added, before being hit with Amy’s Piko-Piko hammer. “Don’t mind him.” Amy said, “What’s wrong?” “I… I…” Cream stuttered, “I miss Sonic!” Everyone fell silent (and not because Cream didn’t call him Mr. Sonic). “I miss him too, Cream,” Amy said softly, “But I’m sure he’s okay.” “A-are you sure Amy?” Cream whimpered, still trying to stop crying {hey, I’m a poet!}. “Would I be saying it if I wasn’t sure?” Amy replied, smiling. “Yes,” Shadow whispered. “Oh, shut it, Shadow!” Amy yelled, bonking him again. Everyone laughed nervously. “What was that?” Cream asked suddenly. “What was what?” Tikal said, looking around. “I thought I heard something outside, no wait! Now it’s, oh! I don’t know where it is!” Cream said, running around the room, trying to pinpoint the location of the mysterious sound. “I hear it too!” Knuckles said. Within a minute, everyone could hear the strange, shuffling, jingling sound.

“Maybe it’s Santa!” Cream said, smiling. “Or maybe it’s-“ Amy began, only to be cut off by a loud thump from the hall. Everyone jumped up and raced to see what was causing this strange sound. As soon as they got to the front door, it burst open, and everyone was blinded by a bright golden glow. When Amy could see again, she was speechless. For there, undeterred by the storm, was Super Sonic. “S-sonic,” Amy whispered. “What was that Amy?” Cream asked, “I can’t see anything!” “IT’S SONIC!!” Amy shouted, finally finding her voice. Super Sonic closed the door (it was still storming out there, you know) and came a little farther inside. By now, everyone knew who it was. “Sonic, it’s about time,” Shadow said, “The pipsqueak was getting really worried!” Cream gave him the evil eye, and said softly, “Cheese, get ‘em.” While Shadow was being chased around the house by an angry chao, everyone could get a good look at Super Sonic. Instead of his usual garb (namely, socks, shoes, and gloves), he was wearing something different. On his head sat a classic Santa hat, while a matching scarf and mittens helped keep him warm. His shoes were red and green, instead of red and white, but the most noticeable thing about him was the large bag he was holding. “Sonic! But, where were you?” Asked Knuckles. “It’s a long story.” Sonic said, “But first, how about you call off Cheese, Cream?’ “Oh, sorry.” The little rabbit replied, “Cheese, you can leave Mr. Shadow alone now.”

After Super Sonic was back to normal Sonic, Shadow finally came out of hiding, and Tails was dragged away from his inventions, Sonic was ready to tell his story.

Sonic’s story (Sonic’s Point of View):

Well, it started out simple enough. I was running around, trying to keep warm when the storm hit. I got blown off course (literally) and was knocked unconscious. After what seemed like an eternity, I woke up somewhere strange. It took a few minutes, but I focused myself and realized where I was. I was at the North Pole!

*interruption
“The north pole? Really?” Cream asked, excited, “Did you see Santa?” “I’m getting to that, Cream.” Sonic replied.
*back to the story*

So, after I realized where I was, guess who came into the room! Santa himself! “Ah, I see you’re awake. That is some storm, huh?” He said. By now, I was wondering if I was hallucinating. “Wha- Where?” I stuttered. “I found you while I was checking on the reindeer.” Santa replied, “I brought you in here to warm up. I see you are still blue, so I guess that means you are Sonic the Hedgehog, am I right?” “Yeah,” I said slowly, “That’s me.” “Well then, I hate to ask this, but…” Santa said, “Can you give me a hand? The storm looks like it will continue past Christmas, and I simply can’t get to some areas. But you could.” “How?” I asked. “As Super Sonic, of course!” After a small discussion, it was arranged. I would stay there until it was time to deliver the presents, helping out in the meanwhile. Ms. Claus gave me the hat and such, so I would look the part somewhat. When Christmas Eve rolled around, I went Super (How, I don’t know) and came here.

*back to third-person POV*

“Did you really meet Santa, Mr. Sonic?” Cream asked. “Yup,” Sonic replied, “And that reminds me, I have a few things here for all of you!” Sonic reached into the bag he was holding and brought out presents for everyone. However, he did not hand one to Amy. Seeing her dejected face, he said, “Don’t worry, Amy, I haven’t forgotten you. What I’m going to give you can’t be wrapped up.” Then, he leaned over to Amy and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Amy’s eyes grew big, and everyone in the room was silent. “S-Sonic- I-“ And with that, Amy fainted. “Guess she really wasn’t expecting that.” Sonic said bluntly. Everyone in the room laughed, as Sonic set Amy on a chair. “Well, what are you all waiting for? I didn’t come all the way from the North Pole for you to just sit there staring at your presents!” Sonic said.

Whether Sonic did visit the North Pole or not, it was the most Memorable Christmas any of them had ever had.

They never did find Rouge.

THE END

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anime_Ellie on December 22, 2010, 8:01:24 AM

Anime_Ellie on
Anime_ElliePoor Rouge...I wonder what happened to her./:(

Gadoink on November 15, 2008, 11:45:26 AM

Gadoink on
GadoinkLol, Amy fainted!

Wonder what happened to Rouge?

Tala777 on December 8, 2007, 12:40:10 AM

Tala777 on
Comment Deleted

kittyshootingstar on December 8, 2007, 5:24:32 AM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarThanks!