Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Staring Orenji and Akai

A story about 2 friends who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Orenji and Akai have to brave the perils that face them from the Triads. An action packed comedy.

Chapter 1 - Staring Orenji and Akai

Chapter 1 - Staring Orenji and Akai
We begin our story in a suburb just outside of Los Angeles, CA. A boy, about the age of fifteen with bright orange spiky hair and green eyes, is running down the sidewalk towards a large 2-story house. He reaches the door and presses the button for the doorbell rapidly. Another boy, about the same age with red hair parted down the middle and blue eyes, answers the door.

Boy: “Akai, guess what!” *he says panting and extremely out of breath*

Akai: “Orenji! What’s up?”

Orenji: “I just saw something on T.V. at my house.”

Akai: “You ran all the way here from your house?”

Orenji nodded and still tries to catch his breath.

Akai: “Then why are you outta breath? You live next door!”

Orenji: “That’s not important.”

He walks into the house. Akai eyes him as if he were saying ‘Sure you can come in.’ Orenji walks into the kitchen, opens the refrigerator, and begins to eat some food. Akai sighs and follows him. He sits down at the table.

Akai: “What’s so important that you had to come on such a long journey to tell me?”

Orenji: “I don’t appreciate your sarcasm. You got that from me.”

Akai smiles innocently.

Orenji: “But I saw on T.V. that they’re having a huge party for the Chinese New Year in Chinatown. Tons of celebrities are supposed to be there. Wanna go?”

He continues to munch on a fried chicken leg. He kicks the refrigerator door closed and joins Akai at the table.

Akai: “I dunno. When is it?”

Orenji: “This Saturday.”

Akai: “I might have to baby sit my little sister.”

Orenji: “We’ll bring her with us. Come on, it’s a once a year opportunity! You can’t pass it up. Fireworks, food, girls…what’s not to like?”

Akai: “Fine. But how are we gonna get there? We can’t drive.”

Orenji: “We’ll ride our bikes.”

Akai: “Ride our bikes?! Chinatown’s, like, 20 minutes away, and that’s when you drive!”

Orenji: “So, you could use the exercise.”

Akai watched as Orenji licked his fingers when he finished the chicken.

Akai: “I need the exercise?” *he said with his eyebrow raised*

Orenji: “Oh, whatever. Hey let’s play some PS2.”

He got up from the table and went into the living room. He turned on the Playstation 2 and popped in the Tekken Tag disc.

Orenji: “Come on Akai, let’s play!”

Akai: “Nah. I don’t feel like it. You play, I’ll watch.”

Orenji: “Don’t be such a baby. You’re just afraid I’ll kick your butt again like I always do.” *he said in a nagging manner*

Akai grabbed a controller.

Akai: “Okay, I can spare a few minutes to disgrace your ego.”

They began their game. Orenji chose the characters Lei and Jin. Akai chose Lee and Hwoarang. The announcer shouted ‘Fight’ and they both began mashing buttons on the controller.

Orenji: “Yeah! Drunken Boxing! See if you can dodge my attacks!”

Akai switched his fighter to Hwoarang.

Akai: “I accept your challenge.”

Akai made Hwoarang do rapid spin kicks causing Orenji’s character to lose a massive amount of life.

Orenji: “NO! Switch, switch!” *he said while pressing the top buttons on the controller*

Then the announcer said ‘K.O.’

Orenji: “NOOOOOOO!”

Akai: “Ha Ha! I win you suck!”

Orenji continued to yell in disbelief as Akai laughed with glorious victory. Akai’s little sister, Momo, was in her room having a tea party with some stuffed animal friends. She had chestnut brown hair with brown eyes and was ten years old. The ranting and raving of the two boys down stairs caught her attention. She recognized Orenji’s voice and a smile came to her face. She was so excited that she threw down her teapot filled with imaginary tea, or “air” as most people called it, and ran down stairs. Since the boys were being loud they didn’t hear her come down. Then all of a sudden a pair of tiny arms was wrapped around Orenji’s torso. Orenji turned his head and saw Akai’s little sister next to him. Momo had a big smile on her face.

Orenji: “Oh…hi Momo…”

Momo: “Hi Orenji!”

Akai rolled his eyes and began to pry his little sister off his best friend.

Akai: “Momo let go of Orenji!”
Momo: “No!”

Momo tightened her grasp. Orenji started to become faint from the lack of oxygen.

Orenji: “Ah I…can’t…breathe…”

Akai: “Mo…mo…get…of…AHH!”

He fell back as Momo let go. Orenji gasped for air and praised the Lord that he could breathe again. Momo began to cry. Akai’s mother ran into the room.

Mother: “Akai! What did you do to your little sister?”

She bent over and picked up the crying little girl. She bounced her up and down to try to calm her.

Akai: “She was bugging us and she wouldn’t let go of Orenji.”

Akai’s mom looked over at Orenji. He smiled and waved.

Mother: “Oh, hello Orenji.”

Orenji: “Good afternoon Ms. Akai’s mom.”

Akai’s mother rolled her eyes.

Mother: “Leave your sister alone Akai.”

She walked out of the room as Momo looked at Akai over her mother’s shoulder. She stuck her tongue out and laughed quietly. Akai made a face at her as well. Orenji looked at him as he did it.

Orenji: “Yeah, real mature dude.”

Akai: “Shut up. You’re lucky you’re an only child.”

Orenji: “Yeah, the glory days. Well, I gotta jet. Mom’s making her meatloaf for dinner. See ya at school!”

Akai: “Yeah. Later!”

He waved as Orenji let himself out the front door. Akai put away the playstation and turned the T.V. on. He tuned the station to a breaking news report.

News anchor: “We have just received news that Benny Yun has just broken out of jail. He was convicted for murder in the first degree in a recent heist. It is said that he might be looking for refuge by the local Chinese gang, the Triads. Be on the look out for him.”

A picture of the escaped convict appeared on the screen. Akai shut the T.V. off.

Akai: “Pff.”

He placed the remote back on the coffee table and walked up to his room.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Gaeas on July 29, 2004, 12:39:11 PM

Gaeas on
GaeasGreat new story, LD! ^_^ It's totally awesome, hehe, funny. >] Love the names too! xP Orenji!!! =D Yay! ^_^ Keep it up! Plz don't stray from this story. ;-;