Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Discovery

Sly Cooper has found another Cooper, but will his new relative live up to the Cooper legacy, or is he invoved with Muggshot?

Chapter 2 - Discovery

Chapter 2 - Discovery


“But that's impossible! Only a Cooper could come in here. It takes your cane, Sly. Unless…” Bentley thought aloud.

“Unless there are still Cooper's left besides me,” Sly's mind began to wander. “I will find the Thievious Racoonus- no matter what it takes!”



At Inspector Fox's office, Carmelita began to relax. Suddenly the phone rang, startling her.

“Inspector, we've found the raccoon,” stated the gruff voice of a guerrilla.

“Sly?”

“No, Jak Cooper. Maybe a relative of Sly or something. No one really knows, but he's got the same cane. We sent you a file on the guy. Check it out. In the mean while, what do you want us to do with him. Right now my men are holding him down.”

Carmelita looked over the file on her computer.

“Don't let him out of your sight. I'll be right over.”



On the roof of next to Carmelita's office, Sly Cooper listened carefully. Bentley had been right when he suggested bugging the inspector's office on a previous mission. As much as he wanted to get the file, he knew this was his one chance to save his relative.

“Bentley, his name is Jak Cooper, and Carmelita is going after him. I have to save him if I ever want to see the Thievious Racoonus again. Bentley, I need you and Murray to break into Carmelita's office and steal the file on Jak. Take Murray and do it quick, before they return! Bentley, I'm counting on you!” Sly quickly turned his COM link off before Bentley could protest. Sly glanced up just in time to see Carmelita's car speeding down the usually quiet streets of Paris, siren blaring loudly for all to hear.He ran in pursuit of the police car. Just when he thought he had lost her, he spotted the car, waiting impatiently at a stop light. Sly leapt lightly onto the car, holding on tightly to the siren as the car sped onward.

Finally the cop slowed to a stop and Sly jumped off before the fox could notice him. Then Sly spotted him, restrained by several guerrillas. Jake Cooper looked similar to Sly, but older. He possessed a cane identical to the Cooper family's. In fact, it was a Cooper family cane. Sly threw a smoke bomb into the middle of the guerrillas. Carmelita was enraged that Sly Cooper would interfere in Interpol business-again. When the smoke cleared, Sly and Jak were gone.



In the van Sly and Jak were conversing excitedly. “But how did you get that cane?” inquired Sly skeptically.

“You didn't really think you were the only Cooper left, did you?”

“But didn't Clockwork attack you too. He wanted to kill all the Coopers!” Jak quickly changed the subject.

“You mentioned there being a Cooper gang. Can I meet them?”

“Of course, but first things first,” Sly's tone became serious. “Where is the Thievious Racoonus?”

“I don't have it.”

“YOU WHAT?!!!”

“The person who has it really wants you to meet him…” The van stopped and Sly steeped out, wondering what Jak was talking about. That night after introducing Jak to the gang, and showing him to his room, Sly and Bentley conversed quietly in a secret room.

“Bentley, he doesn't have the book, but he gave it to someone who wants to meet me. He seemed very secretive about it, like he didn't want me to know who. I asked him if Clockwerk had tried to kill him too, but he changed the subject. The pieces don't fit.”

“Well, I may have a clue. Murray and I stole the file. I've been studying it. You'll never guess who he's been working with for five years.”

“Enlighten me.”

“Muggshot.”

“No way!”

“Yes way, and he's stolen from people of national importance, even the President! Heh, maybe we should thank him, though. Thanks to him, Rajan is stook out on the street after having everything but the clothes on his back stolen from him.”

“Wow! I just hope he's on our side. I'm going to get ready for tomorrow. I'll have some surprises for him too.”





The next day Jak insisted on introducing Sly to the man he had spoken of the day before. He also assured him that he would get the Thievious Racoonus back as soon as they met, but not before. As the two rode off in the van, Bentley wondered if he would ever see Sly again- alive…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chibiflor on February 5, 2006, 11:36:51 AM

chibiflor on
chibiflorI wonder who Jak really is and who he is working for - Keep up the good work!

mystic_rat_theif on January 4, 2006, 8:09:26 AM

mystic_rat_theif on
mystic_rat_theifO.O .............Jak?.......Muggshot?.......Mysterious dude trying to meet Sly?...........HOLY CRUD!! *squirming with ecitment!! DO MORE DO MORE DO MORE!!!*please*