Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Save a life

A story on how the Lucian clan started. Enjoy, cuz these dogs are wild!

Chapter 5 - Save a life

Chapter 5 - Save a life
Chapter 4
Of many tragedies

Five days has gone by with all us living together under one roof and well it was fun. We had random parties and even just random things would happen. But we all had fun together; Komodo and his brother were funny to watch. Nothing would wreck this, it was perfect. We all got together like one family, Kamri and I would go hunting while Komodo and his brother went to town. It was nice we took care of each other, like I said it was nice.
“Ok, we are going out hunting now!” Kamri yelled into the house as we got into our wolf form.
“Ok!” both the brothers said peeking their heads around the corner of the wall leading to the kitchen.
We both trotted away at a fast pace to get to the woods. As we got into the woods about a mile or so we stopped and sniffed the air. We could here the stream from where we were, it sounded so nice and peaceful. Everything was quit and smelled so good, hunting season was over so it didn’t smell like blood anymore, but you would pick up a sent every once in awhile.
We walked closer to stream it was about a mile away when we heard yelping from it. It sounded like a pup was in trouble. We both looked at each other worried and ran as fast as we could to the stream. We could here the rush of the stream, as it got louder we ran faster worried for the pups life. We didn’t know the pup but it would be shameful to let such a young life end so soon. We go the stream it was bigger than what we had expected it to be. We looked down the stream to find a pup holding on a branch of a tree kicking her feet to keep them out of the rushing water.
“Someone help!” she yelped as loud as she could.
“Don’t worry I’m coming” yelled Kamri as she ran to the branch.
“Kamri! Be careful!” I yelled I didn’t want to lose a friend because they fell or hurt themselves.
“HELP!” yelled the pup as her hind paws touched the water. Then Kamri jumped up onto the branch and walked carefully down to the pup. I couldn’t watch I was scared she might fall in, but I had to, I forced myself to watch in case something did happen I would get one of them out of there. I watched Kamri walk slowly down to the pup and reach down and grab her by the skin on top of her neck that the mother would carry them by. Then the branch started to slip, I was afraid something would happen but not this. As the bottom part of the branch fell into the water Kamri jumped up the branch and dug her claws into the bark. I ran over as fast as I could to get to them, Kamri claws were sliding and giving out. She couldn’t hold much longer.
“Take the pup Lupe!” she yelled at me. I reached for the pup but I couldn’t get out any farther. I turned into my human form and reached my hand out to grab the pup.
“Lupe hurry!” she yelled again. I put half of my body on the remaining branch and reached again, I grabbed the pup and pulled the pup up and held it close. Then turned to Kamri who tail was already in the water. I put the pup aside and reached for her paw. I tried to get her but branch gave away and Kamri was gone. I sat there I didn’t know what to do. I sniffed the air for her sent but she was gone. I even trotted the whole stream to find her with the pup in my mouth, but I didn’t. I went again and again until I finally gave up; I knew I wouldn’t be able to find her. I went back to the cabin in human from, I was tired, I had the pup hidden in my clothes and covered up by my jacket to keep her warm. I felt like I have never cried some much in my life, I lost a friend and fellow wolf.
When I go the cabin I opened the door and slammed it behind me. The two brothers were in the kitchen playing cards. They both peeked their heads over the corner and said “Hey Lupe!”
I just ignored them and kept walking. Finally they came out and stopped me, I had my hood up so no one could see my face. I was still crying.
“Lupe what’s wrong?” asked Komodo.
“Yeah and where is Kamri?” asked Lucros.
“ … She… had and accident, she’s gone…” I said trying not to sound like I was crying I didn’t was show that I was weak.
The pup cried and poked its head out of my jacket. I watched it as it looked around.
“What do you mean?” asked Lucros
“Kamri saved a life”
“Saved a life?”
“Yes, she saved this pup” I said I turned around with the pups head sticking out of my jacket looking at them. I took off my hood and my eyes were blood shot and I just pretty much looked hell.
“So she’s gone… like…”
“Yes she is”
The brothers were sad when I told them this, but was I supposed to do tell them she went to Miami and got a life time vacation on the beach. I wish it was that easy, I couldn’t lie to these guys. We all huddled together that night and took care of the pup, we all missed Kamri.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Goldenlight on June 17, 2008, 3:08:19 AM

Goldenlight on
GoldenlightAwesomeness! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Kohakucrazy on June 15, 2008, 4:36:19 AM

Kohakucrazy on
KohakucrazyOooh! I can't wait for more... But poor Kamri.... * whines* I feel so sad now... Great chapter.. It was worth the wait...

fatal on June 14, 2008, 12:06:36 PM

fatal on
Comment Deleted

maximumrideiggy on June 14, 2008, 12:18:24 PM

maximumrideiggy on
maximumrideiggyyay XD