Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Waiting

I decided to do a story about children with elemental powers (5 not 4)- I know, done to death with avatar and XS- but still- those who may have read my fan fics may notice sim but they're my OCs...

Chapter 2 - Waiting

Chapter 2 - Waiting
The Egyptian boy scowled at the American girl, as she continued to run around squealing by the lake.
 
 How on earth did she become the wood elemental? he pondered to himself, as he adjusted himself from his cross legged position to stand The spirits choices have gone really down hill... Grandfather was right...
 
After all, he'd just heard that this new elemental- water, the opposite to his own, fire was another girl.
 
It was inevitable that with 5 children chosen- a girl popped up now and again- in fact about half of the elementals of the past were girls; it was just that for the past 3 generations there had been boys.
 
All boys- and nothing more.
 
 Still, he thought her great uncle had had her element before her- I guess that explains it...
 
He thought of the water girl, wondering what she was like- he knew her last name was Mc Cullough- he'd never heard of it... he didn't know why though- ALL the elementals had had ancestors in the past chosen- she shouldn't be any different should she?
 
He nudged his twin brother who had been meditating beside him to stand. Almost identical to him- except he was taller, and slightly more muscular, well suited to his own element- earth.
 
Still, Rameses was the brains of the outfit (or so he liked to think)- the leader.
His brother, the more quiet of the pair, did what he was told- and this pleased him. After all, with two elementals in the family, they had to keep up standards- even if fire was the element that all their ancestors had possessed- and not earth.
 
"Aww..." he groaned at his pointed elbow dug into him "Did ya have to do that?"
 
"Ammon..." he said in a warning tone and he nodded to Lydia- who was still skipping and chirruping to the birds who resided in the trees.
 
"Lydia!" he shouted at her "Stop this at once!!"
 
The girl spun round on her heel, her blond hair dancing in the wind, her blue eyes sparkling mischievously.
 
"Hiya Ramie and Amee!" she squealed before throwing herself onto them  in a big hug.
Ammon went pink with embarrassment- Rameses with pure rage. "Control yourself girl!" he barked as he pushed her away "Remember who you are! Have dignity!"
 
"I know who I am- I'm Lydia Beissinger, 13 years old, I love animals, I'm the elemental of wood..."
 
"Exactly! And thus you should act like it!"
 
"What- and act like I've gotta pole shoved up your @$$ @$$ all the time?" smirked a male voice from above.
 
"Stay out of this Jamie" said Rameses at the Chinese boy, hovering several metres above their heads "Shouldn't you be practising?"
 
"Whats it look like I'm doing?" he asked , with a huge gush of wind, landing on the ground "I think flying counts as practice for my element."
 
"Please, you were spying- as usual.- do not insult my intelligence."
 
"I would- if you had any to begin with!" he shot back.
 
The elementals wood and earth looked on in slightly silent embarrassment as the pair bickered.
 
Well, Ammon did- Lydia still had a goofy grin, like she always did.
 
"Um... excuse me..." said a small voice "Um... this sounds really stupid but... my name is Dani... I'm uh, water? That's what I was told to say..."
 
"Hiiiiiii!" said the american girl, in an exceedingly high pitched voice "Welcome!! We'll be best friends!!". thrusting her self on the startled girl in a big hug.
 
"Uh... welcome?" said the boy beside her shaking her hand, after being released from her iron like grip"I'm uh Ammon... earth- she's Lydia- wood"
 
"Um- what about those two?" she asked pointing to the other boys- still arguing.
 
"... I think you'll be able to talk to them in a few hours- once they get started... it's hard for them to stop really..." he smiled.
 
"Ammon! You just made a funny! That's not like you!" squealed Lydia, punching him playfully on the arm.
 
"Ow..." he murmured, as Dani sweatdropped.
 
Okay.
 
What was she letting herself in for?!
 

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Brodstar5 on May 25, 2007, 4:28:14 PM

Brodstar5 on
Brodstar5this is good. continue it.